276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Art of Hearing Heartbeats - the international bestselling phenomenon (The Burma Trilogy)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He delved into the psyche of the Burmese and showed us folk tales, beliefs, habits, and ways of living. I guess I should have read more reviews, prior to picking it up but I like going in blind, no pun intended.

THE ART OF HEARING HEARTBEATS | Kirkus Reviews

If our life as humans shall have meaning, we need to love and need to be loved no matter where we live. A poignant and inspirational love story set in Burma, The Art of Hearing Heartbeats spans the decades between the 1950s and the present. The choice for narrator, who had a soothing, monotone voice made it quite challenging to note shifts in storyline (especially when driving).Once there, she finds an old man, who tells her a story about two children with handicaps, who find soulmates, each completing the other.

Art of Hearing Heartbeats (3 book series) Kindle Edition Art of Hearing Heartbeats (3 book series) Kindle Edition

I've been through one too many of these eloquent, poignant, world-travelling, "deep" self-discovery journeys already, both fictional and nonfictional, and am so very tired of these tropes.When a successful New York lawyer suddenly disappears without a trace, neither his wife nor his daughter Julia has any idea where he might be. Intent on solving the mystery and coming to terms with her father's past, Julia decides to travel to the village where the woman lived. Sendker takes us from contemporary, upscale New York to impoverished Burma, weaving a complex tale that is part romance, part father-daughter story. I chose this novel hoping that it would be perfect holiday read, something to savour and delight in, and I was not dissapointed. The novel is international in scope—being written by a German journalist who lived in upstate New York, detailing events in a mountain village in Burma (modern Myanmar).

The Art of Hearing Heartbeats Series - Goodreads

It lacks depth, even of it tries really, really hard, and it barely scratches the surface of any kind of real emotion.

Mi Mi und auch Tin Win beweisen und leben dies in wirklich sehr eindrucksvoller und auch mutiger Weise. It would seem Kevin Wiliarty has judiciously trimmed as well as translated, disposing of the glaringly obvious.

The Art of Hearing Heartbeats (The Art of [PDF] [EPUB] The Art of Hearing Heartbeats (The Art of

This was a short story and though the page says 7 CD's it was actually 8 very long, overblown, dramatic, meandering, repetitive, lots of adjectives, yada yada yada. In reality Julia is going to need lots of therapy for her abandonment issues, but maybe that is the sequel? Julia is in her late 20's and living in New York, has always had a loving father even if his and her mother's marriage was not perfect, and she believes her fast-paced life in the field of law is following in his footsteps.

The writing is so incredibly sloppy, I cannot even begin to understand how this atrocity of a book could be published without someone actually realising that it's like a fucking 15-year-old wrote it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment