276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Thornhill

£8.995£17.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I can supply all publishers, for all subjects and these include SSP's Phonics, Library, Accelerated Reader, book banded books and whole class set text. Basically, any book or teaching resource with an ISBN . . . Ella has just moved to a new town where she knows no one. From her room on the top floor of her new home, she has a perfect view of the dilapidated, abandoned Thornhill Institute across the way, where she glimpses a girl in the window. Determined to befriend the girl and solidify the link between them, Ella resolves to unravel Thornhill's shadowy past. I am a school book and resource supplier and I have over 20 years experience in assisting primary and secondary schools. I have worked with many schools across the UK assisting them with setting up a new Library, class set text, classroom books, text books etc and I would like to offer you my services. Como he dicho, la edición es maravillosa pero lo veo más enfocado a un público juvenil. Tiene pocos personajes y la historia es muy fácil de seguir. Thornhill tells us two stories, one story we know solely by the words written into a diary; the other we read entirely in images; the two stories are set three decades apart and, pulled together through time by the threatening presence of a building; the stories touch at moments before colliding at the end. It is perfectly possible to read each story separately – which I did.; I read the book as one story first and then read it again as two stories.

as far as the story, i dunno. a lot of it is pretty standard slumber party stuff, but i appreciated how this one was more bittersweet than horror. it’s a story of bullying and loneliness and grief and why parental supervision is a thing that matters. but there’s still some stuff that’s unclear to me. so, yeah - the story is rough, the artwork is uneven, but it's definitely not a waste of time. i just thought this was going to be one of those I LOVE YOU books, and it didn't work out that way. Pam Smy has created a wonderful piece of work in 'Thornhill'. The drawings are full of atmosphere, the words are full of tension and emotion all the more powerful for being so sparingly revealed. This is in one sense a classic English lonely-child-and-garden story, in the tradition of Frances Hodgson Burnett and Philippa Pearce'Ella sneaks into the grounds of Thornhill and finds herself being watched in the distance by a young girl. But every time she tries to get closer, she disappears. She soon finds some dolls and puppets that she assumes must belong to whomever is haunting these grounds. She takes one of the puppets home and does some repairs on it to leave for the apparition on the grounds.

Thornhill es el nombre del orfanato donde vive Mary en 1982, una niña que vive en la absoluta soledad y crueldad pues sufre bullying constante. Esta es una niña callada, tranquila, que no molesta a nadie y que crea arte a través de sus manos (hace muñecos de barro y los caracteriza). This personal touch is achieved by the individual being able to choose exactly how they want their entry to look.A grandes rasgos diré que se trata de una historia de fantasmas, de lugares encantados que guardan celosamente sus secretos tras los muros decrépitos por el paso del tiempo y el abandono. Es ahí cuando apagas el televisor y te acomodas en tu sillón de lectura. Es ahí cuando frunces el ceño y te planteas que la trama que estás leyendo esta empezando a rumiarte por dentro. Es ahí cuando empieza a afectarte las bromas, críticas, desprecios y desgracias que está padeciendo una protagonista con la que te sientes identificado en todo momento. Y es ahí cuando, ya con tus defensas bajadas, el silencio que te rodea empieza a jugarte malas pasadas. By choosing to have an entry inscribed in the book, the individual is not only having a memorial that is permanent, but is remembering their loved one in a personal and unique way. Thornhill was not scary to me as an adult but it probably would be to the kids in age demographic it was written for.

Hay ciertos libros que tienen la capacidad de recoger tus absurdos prejuicios hacia ellos, pisotearlos, darles un par de vueltas, y devolverte tus ideas preconcebidas envueltas en un papel de regalo. Esos libros que no lees porque das por hecho que no estaban escritos para ti, que son simples entretenimientos para chavales sin elevadas ambiciones y que, en definitiva, juzgas sin concederle una mínima oportunidad. Bullying is aided but neglectful adults. Its not up to kids to stop bullying. Its up to adults. If any of the adults in this book had cared or looked out for these kids than the things that transpired in this book would never have happened..En esencia, es una lectura muy recomendable, con una bonita y cuidada edición que se disfruta pero que puede que a los que tengamos muchas lecturas en las espaldas se nos quede un poco "coja" en cuanto a trama. Igualmente lo guardaré como oro en paño para que en unos años nuestras hijas puedan disfrutar de este tétrico cuento. Each Volume of the Book of Remembrance contains three months. Once an entry has been made it will always remain in the Book. Told in alternating, interwoven plotlines—Mary’s through intimate diary entries and Ella’s in bold, striking art—Pam Smy’s Thornhill is a haunting exploration of human connection, filled with suspense. Mary is a young girl in the 1980s who resides in a girls’ home called Thornhill. Her story is very dark; she is lonely with only the puppets she crafts for company. No family seems interested in adopting her. She is also being tormented and bullied, by a small group but there is one girl who is particularly cruel to her. Mary refers to her as she, with disdain.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment