276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Only Love Can Hurt Like This: an unforgettable love story from the Sunday Times bestselling author

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Synopsis: Needing a fresh start and a place to heal her broken heart, Wren decides to visit her dad and stepmom on their farm in Indiana. There, she crosses paths with Anders, the son of the family who lives next door and the two begin a special friendship. As feelings start to emerge, Wren is hesitant to move forward as she’s been left behind one too many times while Anders is harboring a secret and afraid to get too close to dealing with his past. Her mother always told her to trust her instincts…but it’s hard to trust your instincts when they’re breaking your heart. 💔 Paige Toon is the bestselling author of fifteen adult novels and three young adult titles, and her books have sold almost 2 million copies worldwide. It's a picturesque story taking place in Indiana - think old houses that have been passed down generations, sunsets over corn fields, the smell, and smoke from barbecuing, and the late summer/autumn feeling when the corn and pumpkins are ready for harvesting. If you like American cutie-pie farmers then this is definitely your call. But Wren doesn’t know that Anders is harbouring a secret, and if he acts on any feelings he has for Wren it will have serious fall-out for everyone.

I really enjoyed Only Love Can Hurt Like This. It was a poignant and emotional read with characters you can really root for. You may also be interested in: In an effort to get over her heartbreak she decides to visit her Dad and step family who live in America. When Wren realizes her fiancé is in love with someone else, she thinks her heart will never recover. The author is known for writing gutwrenching novels, and hits the mark again with this wonderful tale' The SunWren meets Anders, who lost his wife four years ago and still struggles to move on. Anders and Wren have an electric connection, but Anders has a secret--keeping him from igniting his feelings towards Wren. They keep crossing paths, Wren is moving toward Anders, certain he feels the same way, but never acting on his connection. And, there is NOTHING that I enjoy more than to see two likable people who have experienced great loss and pain, find each other and come out on the other side. I was therefore really pleased to have the opportunity to read her latest novel ahead of release. Only Love Can Hurt Like This is due to be released on 27th April 2023.

What a beautiful, lovely tearjerker of a book. This story will stay with me for a long time. . .' Lizzy DentThis book is a delicious, slow burn love story that hit me in parts of my heart I didn't even know I had' Annabel Monaghan Read more Look Inside Details In the spirit of Colleen Hoover and Jojo Moyes’s Me Before You, an unforgettable and heartbreaking love story with an earth-shattering secret at its core that asks the question: is love worth risking everything for?An earth-shattering secret. A life-changing love story.When Wren realizes her fianc? is in love with someone else, she thinks her heart will never recover.On the other side of the world, Anders lost his wife four years ago and is still struggling to move on.Wren hopes that spending the summer with her dad and step-family on their farm in Indiana will help her to heal. There, amid the cornfields and fireflies, she and Anders cross paths and their worlds are turned upside-down again.But Wren doesn’t know that Anders is harboring a secret, and if he acts on any feelings he has for Wren it will have serious fall-out for everyone. Walking away would hurt Wren more than she can imagine. But, knowing the truth, how can she possibly stay? Only Love Can Hurt Like This by Paige Toon – eBook Details

Wren is not unfamiliar with the feeling of being ”replaced” by something better as her parents divorced when she was a kid because her dad found someone new, and it's not exactly ideal family happiness that has ever waited for her at his home as her stepmom and sister makes it hard to feel at home, so she visits them with a feeling of trepidation. In the spirit of Colleen Hoover and Jojo Moyes's Me Before You, an unforgettable and heartbreaking love story with an earth-shattering secret at its core that asks the question: is love worth risking everything for? What a beautiful, lovely tearjerker of a book. This story will stay with me.”—Lizzy Dent, author of The Summer Job and The SetupWhen she keeps running into them and is first-hand witness to their happiness, she decides she needs a break from her home town and travels to Indiana, USA to spend some time with her dad and his family. What a beautiful, lovely tearjerker of a book. This story will stay with me for a long time' Lizzy Dent On the other side of the world, Anders lost his wife four years ago and is still struggling to move on. Thank you to PENGUIN GROUP Putnam, G.P. Putnam's Sons and NetGalley who provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All the thoughts and opinions are my own. Even while her novel was breaking my heart into tiny pieces, I couldn’t put it down. Emotional and riveting, this is a story of big secrets, and even bigger love.”—Jill Santopolo, author of The Light We Lost

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment