276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Telescope for Astronomy for Adult Beginners - Profesional, Portable and Powerful 20x-250x - Easy to Mount and Use - Astronomical Telescope for Moon, Planets and Stargazing - Includes a 2-Year Warranty

£94.995£189.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There’s more to it than size and simplicity, though. It also comes with quality optics and all the capability a budding astronomer could ask for. The SkyWays 40070 can magnify objects by up to 120 times to provide observers with clear views of the Moon, the planets of the Solar System and its surrounding stars. Included with the telescope, tripod and travel case are a 3x Barlow lens, 25mm and 10mm eyepieces and a smartphone adaptor (for taking photos or filming videos). GoTo or computerised telescopes are the new generation of stargazing, and if you are into your gadgetry then you will definitely want to get one! The best one we have found is the Orion 27191 Starblast IntelliScope Reflector. Although it uses manual controls rather than computerised spotting, this does not detract from the overall performance. It is compact and light, making it a great choice to take out and about on stargazing trips, or even just a camping stay where you want to get some great shots of the night sky. What I like about it: That said, EQ1 mounts which are usually mounted on flimsy aluminum tripods are not really good not only because they are actually not really good, but because they cost more than their AZ mount counterparts. On the other hand, EQ2 mounts are surprisingly better than what they were 10-15 years ago and usually come mounted in steel pipe tripods which are both sturdier and better built. Not ideal but much better. Swing your telescope to the right spot in the sky and look for a yellowish-golden bright object that’s shining steadily. Once you find it, use your finderscope to focus on it then increase the magnification of your eyepiece until you can see the planet’s rings. Don't be discouraged and get an AZ mounted quality 70mm refractor, cheap and will allow you to know the sky and see quite somethings while you save for something better.

Age and strength counts for something. "The best telescope is the one you use most often." True, with the exception of anything like what the author has laid out. I built my own 8" F/6 Dob 23 years ago, and the old bones are feeling that 30-lbs per section lift and carry; (plus chairs, eyepiece case, etc... it's in better shape than I am! ...hey, _I_ might wind up with a Starblast myself! (With a few mods....) It may be hard to believe, but some telescopes are worse than having no scope at all. When you want to enjoy a night out under the stars, you’re better off with a pair of binoculars or just with your naked eyes than with a telescope that can’t be aimed easily and doesn’t show a pleasing view of whatever you do manage to point it at. I’ve watched people spend all night trying to find something, anything, to look at, often spending their entire time fiddling with the scope rather than observing the sky. It only takes a couple of nights like that for a person to decide that astronomy isn’t any fun — thus the term “hobby killer.” Now that I have decided to buy a better one to use myself, the decision has been very easy, this 50080 Slokey model. It is an improved version of the 40070 we already have but with better quality and better accessories, which is exactly what I was looking for.Includes an extra 6mm eyepiece for more power (in addition to the 25mm and 10mm that come in both models).

All lenses and mirrors display images that are inverted upside down, left to right or rotated. This includes lenses in cameras, our eyes and telescopes. So don’t worry if you are getting an upside down image; your telescope is working fine. If you want to flip the image the right way, use a star diagonal or an erecting prism. 2. What is telescope aperture? The point about 0.96" eyepieces. Again, a good Kellner works very well. Sure, smaller field of view but just as sharp in the centre view as any of the Plossls I own. In fact my livery of eyepieces for my 8-inch ARE 0.96's Kellners and Orthoscopics. One is in fact a cannibalized binocular 20mm eyepiece that has a remarkable FoV 65-deg! and performs sharply to about 80% of the Field. Perhaps we need a manufacturer that can design a beginner scope with a sturdy equatorial mount. A 60-mm aperture is too small to provide a good view of much more than the Moon and bright open clusters like M45, the Pleiades. My thinking was that for a kid to get interested in astronomy, he or she needs first to be able to find their way around the sky. The star atlas will show the beginner where to look to find clusters, nebulae, the Andromeda galaxy, etc., and the binocs will whet their interest enough to learn more and want to see them in more detail. THEN is when they'll be ready for a telescope. At any rate, he or she will still need the binoculars when they have a telescope, so the binocs are the perfect "starter". Of course, if they have the advantage of living where there is a good astronomy club or society with telescopes for the members to use, they won't have to buy a scope at all!The motorised function, once you get used to it, is a fantastic addition and once which makes the whole journey even more rewarding Gives fantastic clear imagery of the moon, Saturn’s rings and Jupiter’s moons, as well as nebulae and star clusters

The Skywatcher Evostar-90 AZ3 is a great refractor telescope, suitable for a wide range of abilities and budgets. This scope comes with two different lenses to observe sky objects at different depths. It has a long focal length, and can gather 65% more light than a standard 70mm model, which will give you clear images. It’s ideal for detailed views of the moon, as well as other objects in the solar system. An Alt-Azimuth mount is included, which is high quality and offers stability and strength for good viewing. What I like about it: Reflecting telescopes are more fragile because the mirrors are not fixed in place inside the tube. They occasionally need collimation. Meaning, the lenses need to be adjusted for optimal alignment and cleaning. For this reason, reflecting telescopes are often considered the best home telescope, as they do not need to be moved. Yes people-children get into astronomy to learn, and learning about how telescopes work is about as important as, for example those who wish to take up photography need to know how cameras work. Point and shoot photography is as point and shoot astronomy . It is entry by consumerism. As GH Martin posted above, not only do they need to know how to find their way around the sky they need to know too about how their telescope works.Conclusion: Even the difference between supposedly "excellent" and "superb" optics is, during fine seeing, visible to anyone -- even beginners -- who looks through the scope really carefully. And who doesn't want to look through their scope carefully?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment