276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Linvoy Primus - Transformed

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He felt that he had to leave the club: "I really felt as though I wasn't wanted and that my days were numbered. Portsmouth were still near the relegation zone after a poor run of form that also saw Primus being sent off for the first time in his career for a foul on Fulham's Louis Saha. Richard Steadman who is known to have saved the careers of many footballers, including Alan Shearer and Ronaldo. She previously represented England at the youth level and played in the United States for California State University-Fullerton and Chelsea Women [68] Primus and Trish married on 9 June 1999.

Primus initially struggled to cope; he cited the "dog eat dog" nature and the "ambitious and aggressive" parents as factors but nevertheless he decided to see it through later remarking that it was a "very strong character building experience".After his inclusion in the New Years Honours list, we spoke to fan’s favourite and now-MBE Linvoy Primus about his faith, career and life after the beautiful game. On 16 April 2013, Primus played for Portsmouth in a charity match raising money for the Portsmouth supporters trust. Following his retirement due to a knee injury, they subsequently named a stand at Fratton Park after him for his services to the club. The match took place at their substitute stadium Upton Park in November 1992 and Primus was awarded man of the match for his performance. This was also a time when depression was common for Primus, and he became addicted to alcohol and drugs such as ecstasy and LSD.

The club went through three different managers after the departure of Clemence: Terry Bullivant (twice), Terry Gibson and Alan Mullery.After Bullivant left for Reading, however, Primus became unsettled and said "[I was] hankering after a move to join Terry [Bullivant] and Pards [Alan Pardew] at Reading". Primus, along with Jermaine Darlington, was chosen to travel to Charlton's temporary stadium Selhurst Park to lay out the kits and the boots for the senior players. Linvoy released his autobiography in 2007 entitled “Transformed” and as well as being joint founder is actively involved with the Christian Charity “Faith and Football”. Linvoy has spent the last twenty years playing football, finishing his amazing career in the Premier League with Portsmouth FC.

Harry Redknapp had ditched his 3–5–2 formation in favour of the more conventional 4–4–2 and partnered new record signing Dejan Stefanović with Arjan de Zeeuw. Primus went out on loan to former club Charlton and made 10 appearances and one further appearance for Portsmouth before retiring through injury in December 2009.In the second game of the 1994–95 season against Leyton Orient, Primus made his debut as a substitute coming on for the injured Mark Newson. His services to football and tireless charity work earned him his title – and its work he’s continued ever since, for charities including Christians in Sport and Faith and Football.

For the last two years of his school life, Primus traveled to Greenwich twice a week to train with the team; in addition to this he played matches on a Sunday against the schoolboy teams of clubs such as Maidstone United and Dover Athletic. When I came to Portsmouth FC I met Darren Moore who was a Christian and he helped me in my decision to give my life to Jesus and since then I haven’t looked back. After the conclusion of the season, Primus fell out with Rix as he was unsure about whether Rix thought he had a future at the club.Linvoy Stephen Primus MBE (born 14 September 1973) is an English former professional footballer who played as a defender. Although Primus was a regular member of Perrin's team at the end of the 2004–05 season and captained the side on occasions during pre-season, he rarely featured until Perrin's sacking in November. Their daughter Atlanta, born in April 1997, plays for Southampton FC played in the FA Women's Championship. The Milton Stand at Fratton Park, Portsmouth was renamed “The Linvoy Primus Community Stand” in honour of his outstanding services to the club.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment