276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Engo Oval Blister Prevention Patches (6 Patches) | Fits in All Types of Footwear

£15£30.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Well… no, they don’t, and my faith in cheapo plasters disappeared completely after a friend recommended Compeed which are superior in every possible way, which is why I now happily recommend them to everyone. There are so many brands of foot care products it’s difficult to know where to start, but here in the UK the company Compeed has long been the go-to for long-distance walkers. Heel pain relief ✔ Help relieve severe heel pain and discomfort from your sore hurting heels, heel spur treatment, bone spurs, aching feet, aches, stress fractures, bruised, and sprained feet. They can even help with sharp extreme heel soreness and swollen ankles Remember that the fluid that fills the blister bubble keeps infection at bay, so popping it yourself will prevent your body’s natural protection and you could introduce bacteria into the wound.

Engo Oval Blister Prevention Patches (6 Patches) | Fits in

That plea might give you an indication to how highly I rate this product and I’d place them higher in this list if they were actually sold as blister prevention, but they’re actually designed for alleviating the pain of plantar fasciitis, and blister prevention is something I inadvertently stumbled upon. For this reason it’s vital that the body is allowed to grow a new layer of skin and this is best done under the protective bubble of serum that the body creates over the damaged area.

Properties of PTFE

Blue ENGO Patches (PTFE Patches) used by an ultramarathon runner. Image credit: Ian Corless Wrapping up PTFE is also used in a wide range of medical and industrial applications, including as a graft material in surgery, as a coating on catheters and in gaskets, seals, and bearings. When the upper layers of skin on a foot are damaged through abrasion, the body’s response is to protect it under a sterile fluid-filled bubble. This we already know. The fluid acts like a bandage, preventing bacteria from entering the wound and reducing the risk of infection. The ENGO blister patches come without how-to-use instructions. It represents best value to experienced users with: If you’re a runner and you run most days, or you're on a multiday hike, you’ll recognise the wasted time spent taping your feet. Or the mess of applying powder or lube to your feet each day, and sometimes a few times per day. Or if you’re blister prone (like me) and you have to apply your preferred blister strategy each morning just to get through the day, you’ll recognise what a drag this is – day in, day out!

ENGO Blister Patches - Blister Prevention

That being said, they won’t peel off like plasters and they won’t wear off like anti-blister creams and powders, and they also provide cushioning if you tend to put a lot of impact pressure on your heels.Second, they contain a special hydrocolloid gel (which provides moistness) to encourage new skin growth and I have to say whenever I’ve had a blister they always seem to heal faster in a Compeed patch than when I just leave them open to the air, admittedly because whenever I do that the fluid bubble inevitably pops too early. You can grab your ENGO Patches from our online store. We ship daily, worldwide, from USA and Australia. It’s obvious that blisters can cause untold misery to walkers, not just for the immediate pain they cause but also for the potential infections that can occur if bacteria manages to get inside the exposed wound. Second, the glue doesn’t last as long as Compeed patches and I generally got two days max use out of them before they peeled off, although in the long run these KT Tape plasters still work out as the cheaper option.

ENGO Blister Patches Work - Blister Prevention How ENGO Blister Patches Work - Blister Prevention

Before I discovered these things I was a firm believer in supermarket own-brand plasters mainly because plasters are so expensive and they all do the same job, right? I write this having returned from a fantastic week in the Morar peninsula that was somewhat marred on the last day when my other half ended up with a couple of very painful blisters on her feet caused by ill-fitting shoes, as you can see in the photos above (no, they’re not my feet. Wrong colour nail polish). As a reader of the Blister Prevention blog, you know friction blisters are a common ailment among active inpiduals such as runners, walkers, hikers, military personnel, netball players, tennis players … you get the picture! PTFE patches, better known as ENGO Blister Patches, offer a convenient and effective solution for preventing and treating these painful skin injuries. This is thanks to its uniquely low coefficient of friction.

Getting blisters on your feet is one of the biggest annoyances you can have while visiting Scotland. If you feel the blister needs to be drained consult with your GP who will be able to release the fluid with a sterilized needle while keeping as much of the skin intact as possible. They will also cover the blister with a protective ointment and cover the wound with a dressing which will help prevent bacteria from entering it. Friction is not bad. In fact, friction is necessary. We need friction for traction. Without traction (like when you put Vaseline all over your foot) it’s too slippery and your foot slides around too much in your shoe. This makes walking and running harder and less efficient. The detrimental effects on the efficiency of your gait, like propulsion (push-off), braking (slowing down), changing direction and on your balance, also make injuries more likely.

ENGO Oval Blister Prevention Patches (6 Patches) | Fits in ENGO Oval Blister Prevention Patches (6 Patches) | Fits in

PTFE, also known as Teflon, is a synthetic fluoropolymer that is known for its unique combination of properties. It is highly resistant to chemicals, high temperatures, and has the lowest coefficient of friction of any solid material. These properties make PTFE an ideal material for use in various industrial, medical and consumer applications, including the management of friction blisters of the foot.When you use ENGO Blister Patches, you put them just where you need them – only at those blister-prone areas. In this way, you’re relieving ‘bad’ friction to avoid blisters whilst maintaining ‘good’ friction elsewhere esle. This is the best way to manage friction. We call it targeted friction management. Pro 5: Different Shapes & Sizes

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment