276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Makita 196741-5 Saw Chain Set Duc353, Multicolour

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Then, attach the bar, place the chain into the grooves of the bar, and then put the side panel back on, before locking it back into place. Makita supports the creation of an enriched society on a global scale, through the provision of power tools, outdoor power equipment, and pneumatic tools. That said, you have the option of variable speeds (depending on how far you pull the trigger back), or you can set it at a constant speed if you’re needing to keep it at its max. Overall, the Makita DUC353 is a reliable and efficient tool designed for professionals who require a high-performance chainsaw.

Makita Australia DUC353Z | Makita Australia

The super-strong winds took down several mature trees, along with plenty of other branches, so I needed a good chainsaw to help me tidy up. Alina Jumabhoy has spent several years learning about, and experimenting with, different organic growing techniques at various gardens and farms around the country. However, the word “slightly” is key here – don’t go overboard and attach a 50cm bar on, as you’ll just end up burning the motor out. The first step is unlocking and unscrewing the side panel (the lock is to prevent you from accidentally unscrewing it).

No matter what you’re hoping to achieve with a chainsaw (other than heavy-duty tree felling, for which you’d need a good petrol chainsaw anyway), this one won’t let you down. In terms of battery life, I used two 5aH batteries with this chainsaw and it gave me a continuous run time of about half an hour when used at its maximum speed. The chainsaw also has a variable speed trigger, which allows for easy control of the blade speed depending on the task at hand. Safety features are crucial when it comes to chainsaws, which is why Makita has incorporated several of them into this model. Powered by two 18V Li-ion batteries in series to supply energy to the powerful 36V DC motor drive system.

Makita 196741-5 Saw Chain Set Duc353, Multicolour

This unit is compatible with all Makita 18v Li-Ion batteries including mixed Ah combinations but please note the chainsaw will only operate while both batteries have charge.Not only was it my favourite out of all the cordless chainsaws that I tested, but I would choose this one over a petrol chainsaw too. The better your problem and question is described, the easier it is for other Makita owners to provide you with a good answer. It’s a machine that lends itself well to light use around the home and garden, yet, as confirmed by my tree surgeon, it’s also a tool that offers a number of merits for professional use too. It boasts increased water and dust resistance, which should help to increase its lifespan, although Makita products are already known for withstanding the test of time. Fuelled by her quest for self-sufficiency, she’s now putting that information to good use on her own rural farm.

Makita DUC353 18V / 36V LXT Brushless Cordless 35cm / 14 Makita DUC353 18V / 36V LXT Brushless Cordless 35cm / 14

If the saw blade has been thoroughly cleaned and is still blunt, it is recommended to have the saw blade sharpened. Other features include a variable speed trigger and constant speed electronics which keep the motor speed the same even under load and a tool-less chain tension adjustment. Please watch the video below if you’d like easy to follow instructions on tightening and sharpening a Makita chainsaw. With over 100 years' experience, their products are lauded the world over by professional users for both their performance and quality. As much as I love Makita products, I was doubtful as to whether a cordless chainsaw would be powerful enough for the job, so I was eager to find out whether or not I would be proved wrong.A versatile and efficient brushless saw with a chain speed of 20 m/s, designed for use at construction sites, at home or at the summer cottage. However, even if you use it on something thicker, it’s not going to stutter and splutter – it’ll still slice through as far as it can go. It features a brushless motor which is more efficient and durable than traditional motors, allowing for a longer lifespan of the tool.

Makita DUC353 Twin 18v Cordless Brushless Chainsaw Spare

The Makita DUC353 is a cordless chainsaw designed for professional use in felling and pruning trees. The fact that both batteries can be charged at the same time (if you have a double charger), and take less than an hour to reach full charge is a bonus. The DUC353 Chainsaw from Makita runs on 2 x 18V batteries simultaneously giving effectively 36V of power. I would definitely recommend wearing ear defenders when using this chainsaw, although if you’re wearing all of the right protective gear (which you should be doing, even when using a cordless chainsaw), then your safety helmet should already have ear defenders attached. Yes, it’s relatively expensive, especially when you factor in the cost of the two batteries and the double charger, but it truly is a fantastic machine.It’s worth noting that the chain included with this chainsaw is an Oregon chain – a brand known for producing high-performance chains that many professionals swear by. It weighs about 5kg , which is heavier than many other cordless chainsaws (for example, the Bosch weighs just 3kg), but not significantly so. When we purchased our chainsaw, we also bought a Stihl chainsaw sharpener, which is essentially a round file on a metal frame that helps you guide it at the correct height. Coupled with a brushless motor the DUC353 produces 1100W to the chain which has a 14 Inch cutting width.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment