276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Scapa Glansa Single Malt Scotch Whisky with Gift Box, 70 cl

£19.2£38.40Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Not only is it made in the American style, it’s also diluted to bottle strength with water from the Rocky Mountains. The Whiskies at the tasting were selected to represent the diversity of Scotland’s Island Whiskies reaching beyond the popular Islay Whiskies to the malts produced on the lesser known Islands. In 2005, production slowed whilst more refurbishments were carried out with Chivas Brothers at the helm.

Scapa Glansa Review Best Shot Whisky Reviews : Scapa Glansa Review

The finish is long and winding, allowing the smoke to move like it is coming straight off a peat fire. That distance may afford Highland Park bragging rights as the most northerly whisky maker in the land, but the modest tract of real estate hardly ruffles the hearty islander spirit of those who produce Scapa’s single malts. This creates richness and depth, with notes of warm, heather honey and soft fruits giving way to a subtle smoky finish. In November 2009, a 16 years old Scapa whisky was released, with an extra two years in first fill American oak casks. I used to really enjoy this malt but either my palates changes or Scapa has altered something in the latest batches.At the tasting I enjoyed 7 different Single Malts in what was termed the Beyond Islay Single Malt Whisky Tasting.

Scapa distillery - Wikipedia Scapa distillery - Wikipedia

In 1994 the distillery was mothballed, with limited production being occasionally carried out from 1997 by nearby staff from Highland Park distillery. Regular NAS Scapa Spirit matures in Ex-Bourbons casks before being finished in Oak casks that previously held Peated Whisky. Thus, all of the work produced on this blog is protected by copyright, including all of the pictures and all of the articles. I also sense some fruity notes of pear, banana and pineapple with a mild sweep of vanilla and almond. The tang and the smooth caramel come together perfectly and also contribute to an easy-going mouth feel.It is the second most northern whisky distillery in Scotland, being half a mile farther south than the Highland Park Distillery. An independent bottling of Scapa single malt, aged for 14 years in a refill hogshead before being bottled by Douglas Laing for the Old Malt Cask range - back when they owned the brand! It really doesn’t work as the peat drawn from the barrel is more of a mild smoke that blurs but does not hide the undeveloped whisky. d) the right to license, use, sell, archive, reproduce, distribute, modify, perform, publish, create derivative works from, offer for sale, or use of the Service.

Scapa Skiren Scotch Whisky : The Whisky Exchange Scapa Skiren Scotch Whisky : The Whisky Exchange

The glass does not change much as I let the whisky breathe, and my feeling is that we have a young dram that is somewhat undeveloped at this point. I find Sweet Barley, Toffee, Salted Caramel, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Oak, Wax, Nuts, Pepper, Nectarine, Aniseed, Earth and very light Smoke. g. purchase, investment) whatsoever based on the Service you should consider obtaining third party professional/expert advice on the matter, and you should consider whether such the decision is suitable and feasible with respect to (inter alia) your financial status and situation, your particular knowledge/experience on the matter (e. The Scapa whisky distillery had been distilling since long before, having been founded by Macfarlane and Townsend in 1885.

The core products of the distillery are currently Skapa Skiren (matured in American first fill oak casks) and Skapa Glansa (a lightly smoked peat whisky). If no such law exists in a Member’s country of residence, the Member has to be over 21 years old to use the Service.

7 new and interesting whiskies to try on World Whisky Day

The Service, including any information contained therein, does not constitute any advice (such as but not limited to investment advice, tax advice, financial, economic advice) and is not intended as recommendations (whether personal, in general, or otherwise) to invest in companies, products, services. The little huddle of buildings lies just outside of Kirkwall at Scapa Bay, and the distillery draws its waters from the Lingro Burn.

I also can't be responsible for - or agree with any possible comments left on my site by others, or any information found on links from my site, if any.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment