276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Romans on the Rampage

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Could I ask if you start this in year 2 or eyes? Year 2 are struggling with whole class reading and I am trying to support the teacher as best I can. Can it be done well in year 1?

I love Jeremy Strong’s books because of how funny they all are and after reading this book I don’t know how I am going to stop getting more of his books. I hope you feel the same. This is an excellent book for people who like comedy. It also teaches you quite a few Latin words along the way. Moreover I really like how the author turned words like ridiculous and perilous into the characters’ names (Ridiculus and Perilus). My favourite characters are definitely Croakbag, the crow, and Scorcha, a famous charioteer. It really made me want to find out more about romans. I would definitely recommend this book to any 7-11 year old.Tai: This book is about someone fulfilling their dreams. This is a story is about a slave boy named Perilus who always wanted to be a charioteer. Who finally got his chance when Scorcha, the greatest charioteer in Rome, got put in jail on the big race day for stealing some goats. Perilus took his place and won the race, so Scorcha could get into the green team: Rome’s greatest chariot team. My favourite part of the story was the excitement of the chariot racing. I enjoyed all the characters in the story but one of my favourite one’s was Perilus because he is an intelligent ,interesting character and I also found the raven interesting because he was the narrator of the story. I would rate this book five stars. There was nothing I didn’t like or there was nothing I would improve about the story. We have written a series of questions, using chapter 6 your class will have to derive their answers.

Hi Jo, I really want to start this approach in my school (we have huge classes, so carousel is impossible!) - I don't suppose you have any Year 3 samples of planning and children's work to look at? The book starts with a boy named perilous. He wants to take part in the most epic chariot race in all of Rome. But first, Croakbag , the smartest Raven in Rome, has to solve a mystery about who stole all the money from the bank. The robbery was planned by a man named Krysis & three other children, who successfully stole the money . But Croakbag tactically stopped them. Jeremy Strong is a fantastic children's author. His books are side splittingly funny and once you have read one your children will be asking you to get more.There are two mysteries to solve in this book. Who stole the money from the Imperial Mint? Who had tried to kidnap a chariot racer so he couldn’t win? All will be revealed after you read the book… If you like Romans then take this book and read it but not too FAST …YOU DON’T WANT TO LOSE THE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of the Roman names are hard to read and so made it difficult to follow each character at times but I enjoyed the book, it was easy to read and funny at times. LoveReading4Kids exists because books change lives, and buying books through LoveReading4Kids means you get to change the lives of future generations, with 25% of the cover price donated to schools in need. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. We then received a letter from Julius Caesar explaining that he wanted to try and invade Britain again. We came to our Roman fort and taught us the new formations. We jumped on a boat and sailed across the English Channel, it wasn’t until we were almost there that we realised the Celts were in the water! We tried hard to defeat them but there were just too strong so we had to retreat.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment