276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Labyrinth Adult Sarah Fancy Dress Costume

£42.4£84.80Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Oleksinski, Johnny (26 April 2018). "Behind-the-scenes secrets from Bowie's cult classic 'Labyrinth' ". New York Post. Archived from the original on 27 April 2018 . Retrieved 23 July 2020.

In the same interview with Starlog magazine, Henson said that Connelly "was right at that moment between child and woman. During filming, she was 14-and-a-half, and some of the time when you talked to her, she was like a child, and at other times, she was very much like a young woman." This made Connelly ideal for the part, as according to Henson "We basically wanted to make Labyrinth about the growing-up process of maturity, working with the idea of a young girl right at that point between girl and woman, shedding her childhood thoughts for adult thoughts."Step 4: The Makeup Jareth's ethereal makeup is essential to complete the look. Invest in an eyeshadow palette to achieve the dramatic and captivating eye makeup that defines his character. Antonelli, Lamberto (13 December 1986). "INTERVISTA / Connelly, protagonista di una bella favola" [INTERVIEW / Connelly, protagonist of a beautiful fairy tale]. Stampa Sera (in Italian). No.334. Turin, Italy. p.10. a b Lafuente, Cat (12 December 2017). "Things about Labyrinth you only notice as an adult". TheList.com. Archived from the original on 18 December 2017 . Retrieved 29 December 2019.

Metro included Sarah on its list of "19 women every 90s schoolgirl wanted to be when she grew up", [163] while Bustle featured Sarah in its article "7 Feminist Childhood Movie Characters That Made You The Woman You Are Today", writing that the character is a strong role model for girls because "once she realizes that the world isn't fair and she's in charge of her own destiny, she can do anything." [164] Mom.com ranked Sarah on their list of the "50 Best Movie Heroines of All Time", citing her "cleverness, resourcefulness and bravery". [165] SyFy Wire described Labyrinth as "one of the best depictions of female maturation and desire in pop culture of the '80s", [92] while The Arizona Republic characterised it as one of "8 of the best movies that celebrate girl power" due to Sarah's "determination and moxie" in solving the Labyrinth. [166] Wood, Juliette (December 2006). "Filming Fairies: Popular film, Audience Response and Meaning in Contemporary Fairy Lore". Folklore. Taylor & Francis. 117 (3): 279–296. doi: 10.1080/00155870600928922. ISSN 0015-587X. S2CID 162191330. ProQuest 202700507.

See more like this

An interesting thing I noticed is that on the far sides, additional stripes are added at the very bottom, about 3″ at most, and tapering down. At first I saw it only on the right side, but upon closer looking for quire a while, I was able to make out the extension on the other side. I speculate that the reason for this is that the fabric, which was used lengthwise around the gown instead of in panels, wasn’t wide enough to go from the waist, over the panniers, and to the floor, or wherever they decided to hem it (could have been ankle length, I don’t know since I don’t know Jennifer Connolly’s height). Had those sides been left shorter, it would have been noticed, and shortening the entire gown 3″ would have been noticed. The extensions are sewn on with zigzag stitching. In photo 4, you can see a darker line from the right side that angles down. This is one of the extensions. In my first video, at 44 seconds in, I point it our clearer, and for the one on the right, it’s at 2:19 on my second video. The Labyrinth Crew: Recruit friends to dress up as characters from the movie, including Sarah, Hoggle, Ludo, Sir Didymus, and others. Together, you can embark on a quest to navigate the mysterious labyrinth. Francis, Deanna (29 June 1986). "Lucas-Bowie 'Labyrinth' is fun to follow". The South Bend Tribune. South Bend, Indiana. p.B5. Archived from the original on 14 August 2020 . Retrieved 14 August 2020– via Newspapers.com.

a b Robberson, Joe (20 January 2016). "20 Things You Never Knew About 'Labyrinth' ". Zimbio. Archived from the original on 4 July 2018 . Retrieved 14 April 2020. a b McGovern, Bridget (8 January 2014). "Suburban Fantasy, Gender Politics, Plus a Goblin Prom: Why Labyrinth is a Classic". Tor.com. Archived from the original on 8 December 2019 . Retrieved 5 May 2019.

Reviews

David Bowie was 5’10, so I’d guess she was 5’5 perhaps from your photos, maybe a little less. Actresses are usually tiny.

Byrnes, Paul (11 December 1986). "Babysitting with goblins". The Sydney Morning Herald. p.16. Archived from the original on 14 August 2020 . Retrieved 14 August 2020– via Newspapers.com. I’d say the same about this gown. I’m sure you all remember that Jareth used his magic crystals to do a lot of his bidding. It would seem very appropriate that Sarah’s dress have crystal beadwork in her gown. Look at this bodice and the draped, off-the-shoulder crystal beadwork. This defines modern Labyrinth-esque glamour. Craft, Dan (12 July 1986). "Trapped in an endless maze of special effects". The Pantagraph. Bloomington, Illinois. pp.4, 19. Archived from the original on 15 August 2020 . Retrieved 15 August 2020– via Newspapers.com. Connelly emerges an utterly charmless and unempathetic heroine. Her matter-of-fact reactions to the fantastical situations, monotone vocal delivery and inexpressive face render her character a nonentity throughout. a b Andrews, Charlotte Richardson (12 January 2016). "How Labyrinth led me to David Bowie". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 8 December 2019 . Retrieved 11 January 2020. Connelly's role as Sarah brought her international fame [167] and made her a teen icon. [168] Described by the International Business Times as the role that made Connelly "everyone's crush", [169] the character has remained one of Connelly's best known performances. [158] [170] In 1997, Connelly said, "I still get recognized for Labyrinth by little girls in the weirdest places. I can't believe they still recognize me from that movie. It's on TV all the time and I guess I pretty much look the same." [171] In 2008, Connelly said she found it amusing that many people continued to recognise her as Sarah two decades after she worked on the film. [172]Trainer, Adam (October 2003). " "Well, I Wouldn't Buy the Merchandise": David Bowie as Postmodern Auteur". Senses of Cinema. No.28. ISSN 1443-4059. Archived from the original on 18 October 2015 . Retrieved 8 July 2021. From a fashion perspective, I fell in love with Jennifer Connelly’s iridescent ball gown that she dons while making eyes atthe Goblin King himself David Bowie. It’s all about the dress in so many of these fantasy films, right, friends? 😉 Wright, Andrea (2005). "Selling the Fantastic: The Marketing and Merchandising of the British Fairytale Film in the 1980s". Journal of British Cinema and Television. Edinburgh University Press. 2 (2): 256–274. doi: 10.3366/JBCTV.2005.2.2.256. Retrieved 30 October 2022. According to Labyrinth: The Storybook Based On The Movie, Sarah is the first "man, woman, or child" to ever reach the center of the Labyrinth. [3] Marvel Comic Book Adaptation [ ] This Daneileenoff-the-shoulder gownwith the short, tulle capsleeves is also in line with Sarah’s gown. Look at therhinestone beading and appliqué that cascades down the front of the skirt. Beautiful.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment