276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Janus Spanking Magazine Volume 2 Number 12

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The wife who was spanked bare-bottom, and sometimes nude, by her husband in front of his friends and another couple when she was rude to him; As access to spanking related material became increasingly more easily available online the Janus publication schedule slowed down with only 4 to 6 new issues being produced each year. When Janus 167 was published in 2007 there was no indication at the time that this was to be the final issue. Despite an excellent re-launch in Janus 161 the magazine had reached the end of its natural life. The Internet had finally seen off the longest running spanking magazine in the world. At the end of 1980, Volume 9, Number 12 marked the 108th and last issue of the yearly volumes. It was the end of an era in more ways than one because Van, who had been very ill for some time, sadly passed away. As photo editor and producer of Janus films the legendary George Harrison-Marks (below) had been supporting Van to edit the magazine during his illness and was the natural choice to take over after his death. The editorial for Volume 9, Number 12 tells readers to look out for Volume 10 Number 1 but it wasn’t to be…

There is a big difference between electing for a caning (as I have this year with my ex-boss caning me for no reason other than for fun) and having to submit to punishment. The magazine produced a series of popular videos with high production values during the early 1980’s. The St Winifred’s Trilogy (below), The Disciplinarian and the Moral Welfare videos were among the best films available on the market at the time. They sadly disappeared from the shop following the introduction of the Video Recordings Act 1984.Alan Bell, the owner and editor of Roue was approached to become editor of Janus and, for a short period (Janus 8-10), he was editing both magazines. As part of the new team Alan brought Peter French and Vic Barnes with him and it was Peter and Vic who took over full running of the magazine as editor and photo editor respectively from issue 11 (below). Initially they produced the magazine from offices above the shop before moving to new premises in Golden Square. The next few years were something of a golden age for Janus. Featuring artwork by Paula Meadows and fiction by writers such as Richard Manton and R T Mason the magazine set the standard for its competitors producing innovative photo stories of a consistently high quality even when censorship restrictions were at their peak. and I opted for the A framed trestle, which was padded and turned out to surprisingly comfortable. As I stretched down, the organiser asked if I minded having my g-string removed – which he did before I had answered, although I had lifted my hips slightly to make it easy for him to slide them down. I think about this moment a lot – here was I bent over with my bare bottom on display to twenty men including my ex-boss plus several waiters about to receive a strapping followed by a caning. I used to fantasise about being a stripper, and perhaps I was living out something else at this point.

The second incident took place a little later and I was very interested in Amelia Jane’s article in Janus when she talked how much more powerful a caning is when there is a genuine reason for punishment. I was amazed at how easily these girls took their ‘punishment’ and how after each had received twenty spankings and twenty strappings, most were hardly marked. These girls were taking thirty strokes of the strap each time it was their turn! Every so often I would have to fuel my need, and my ex boss was always happy to oblige. I enjoy undressing in front of him and his complimentary remarks about my body (I go to the gym at least three times a week). I enjoy bending across his desk knowing he is focussing on my bare bottom. As to the caning itself, I always tell myself to be brave, but in reality it is the after effects that are the most enjoyable.

Redirecting you to a lite version of archive.org...

Janus extended its portfolio of magazines in 1995 and Stephen Sims, who had been a regular contributor to Janus over a number of years, took on editing duties for Privilege Plus and Privilege Club Magazines. The previous account told of my experiences some years ago in my early twenties when I worked as an au pair and received a number of canings for various misdemeanours, and how ultimately I came to enjoy the experience of being caned. In the account I also told of a lunch with my ex-boss fifteen years later in my thirties when he persuaded me to return to his house and be reacquainted with the cane. On that day, I received a ‘house caning’, so called because when he had been at school there were three levels of severity – the middle level being if you were to be punished by the House Master which involved reporting to him after supper fifteen minutes before ‘lights out’, removing your dressing gown, dropping your pyjama trousers for six strokes with the standard cane.

When the lease on Irving Street ran out in 1977 the main Janus shop moved to 4 Greens Court off Brewer Street (below). In the late 70’s the lease on Green’s Court also expired and the main Janus bookshop settled in to it’s final home at 40 Old Compton Street. The army wife who insisted on wearing micro-miniskirts without panties in public and who was spanked by her husband with a ruler to get her to wear underwear (come to think of it, there seemed to be a lot of letters from military men in this era, when Vietnam was just winding up); I discussed this with my ex-boss over the phone and he asked me if I had done anything lately for which I should be punished. The venue was a restaurant, which had a separate room upstairs. Right from the start it was clear that this all about ‘fun’ and the organiserThe Janus shop may have been firmly established at 40 Old Compton Street by 1981 and was now the mecca for all aficionados of erotic and recreational discipline, but the title of ‘Janus’ was anything but secure. The title rights became the subject of negotiation during this period and while the ownership was being resolved the editorial team launched Volume 1, Number 1 of ‘New Derriere’ (below left). New Derriere ran for just six issues while the rights to the name ‘Janus’ were being resolved and later in 1981 ‘New Janus’ Number 1 (below right) was born. there were to be no niceties. I thought about how school pupils felt knowing that they had an appointment with the Headmaster at some point in the future knowing they were going to be caned. He said that as the ‘warm up’ he would give me six strokes with a leather strap followed by six strokes with a leather paddle. My relationship with my ex-boss had been exclusively with the cane and I was surprised how pleasant a strapping actually is, especially the large oval shaped paddle. After the twelve strokes, which had certainly warmed me up, it was time for the cane. Having never been caned by anyone except my ex-boss, I didn’t know what to expect and I thought again about the audience all focussing on my bare bottom which was offered up for punishment in an incredible revealing position. In truth, the first three strokes were very mild, and I think the organiser was treading very carefully, not wanting to go beyond my limits. He leaned over and asked if the strokes were ok. By this stage I’d build myself up for a decent caning and told him that the strokes were very mild and that he should give me three more strokes in a similar manner before I went to the bar to buy my ex-boss a drink, and when I returned he was in conversation with the organiser. Clearly my ex-boss had told the organiser that I was no stranger to the cane and I was asked if I had any interest in putting on a ‘finale’. Earlier I had wondered what it might feel like to be caned in front of so many people, but had not actually considered that it might actually happen. I told them I’d think about it. In conversation with my ex-boss, he said that it might be fun and if I agreed I could clearly dictate what I would receive. I told him there was no way I would be able to take the number of strokes that these girls were taking, and he replied that he thought the organiser was simply talking about ‘six of the best’.

The magazine was published in yearly volumes of twelve monthly issues but in 1973 Janus published three specials. The first focussed on bondage, rubber and leather fetishism, the second on spanking (below) and the third on fetishism beneath the skirt. The editorial team were overwhelmed with the response to the spanking special and published a further three spanking specials that same year. Following the success of the spanking specials the magazine gradually began to shift its focus solely towards spanking. A new editor, AG Van Okker, took the helm in 1973 and the popularity of the magazine began to build. Van was a colourful and well-loved character with an active interest in the subject matter. He also went by the name of Homericus and published an interesting book about his life (below). When I put the phone down, I was quite wet, and he had the effect of making me feel both excited and fearful. I also knew that I could not get out of this, and that I had to go through with it. Logically, I knew that was not the case, and I could easily say that I wasn’t going. But this wasn’t logic, I was excited about being punished and I also knew I deserved a severe caning which I was going to get at 1100hrs on Saturday. The caning I received that day reawakened my interest, and as I was single again, and without ties there was no reason to feel any guilt. It was inevitable I would find another excuse to see my ex boss. In March 1994 Janus saw it’s first major change of staff for well over a decade. Following the publication of its second 100th issue a new editor, St John North, took the helm. St John (who was better known to Janus readers as ‘Christian’, the husband of Sophie Fennington) would edit the magazine for the remainder of it’s run.

The Punishment Book’ by ‘Tom Horner describes Anthony Conrad’s last day as headmaster at St Edmund’s and contributions from readers includes a wonderful account of a relationship that came about through the Privilege Club prefaced by an introduction from the much missed Gordon Sergeant. Also at this time, the magazine began to run some "true" articles from women who described their upbringing or their current lives, always involving a healthy dose of spanking. These were even longer and more detailed than the letters, and typically they would describe corporal punishment growing up on a farm, in a large family, etc. and then the current situation the writers were in - always involving either a spanking husband or, in one memorable letter, belonging to a spanking club which had its own private island!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment