276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Unofficial Sims Cookbook: From Baked Alaska to Silly Gummy Bear Pancakes, 85+ Recipes to Satisfy the Hunger Need (Unofficial Cookbook Gift Series)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We understand that not everyone can donate right now, but if you can afford to contribute, we promise it will be put to good use. If I were redesigning the book, more photos and illustrations generally, and I would have leaned in hard on the game data side of things (for example, you could put color info on each recipe about the 'Cooking skill level' required for the dish, or share details about the stats of that particular dish in-game such as nutrition qualities, etc.

The introductory blurbs for each recipe were very referential to events and NPC characters in the games, but not in any particularly clever or deep way. Written by Taylor O’Halloran, creator of Ultimate Sims Guides, this book features recipes found in the game and is complete with tips for gameplay. I am excited to try out more recipes including the Autumn Salad, Butternut Gnocchi, Elote, and Minty Mocha Cupcakes. I LOVE The Sims games, especially all the detail they have put into the food (the descriptions, the cooking aspect, the ingredients and ingredient gathering, the look of the food) over the years. More Hamburger icon An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon.Images Donate icon An illustration of a heart shape Donate Ellipses icon An illustration of text ellipses. While the ingredients used in the games and the graphics used to display them can be somewhat basic, these recipes are real and delicious dishes!

In fact, there are 63 recipes based on dishes in The Sims 4, 11 based on The Sims 3, 4 based on The Sims 2, and 10 that are based on a combination of the games.The best part was the cocktail section, because those, at least, seemed more defensible as drink recipes and really made a concerted effort to mirror the aesthetic and presumed flavor profile of the drinks in-game. Sims fans will delight in flipping through the pages, laughing at the jokes that only gamers will know and learning how some recipes cannot only feed your Sim, but perhaps unlock an aspiration or bring a ghost back to life. The ingredients for pancakes, waffles, cookies, and cakes often ask you to use premade mixes, but there are a few recipes that have you actually making the dough, so I believe the cookbook is good for both beginners and home cooks. Then on the other hand there is a recipe for minty mocha cupcakes that are fully from scratch - not a single cake mix to be found. I think it would have been better titled as The Unofficial Sims 4 Cookbook and just left out the previous games altogether.

I didn't expect much, but as a Sims fanatic from Day One of Sims, I had to have this book even if it was a dud.While there are zany, whimsical recipes like gummy bear pancakes, there are also elegant, company-ready dishes, including lobster thermidor and the classic goopy carbonara. Each recipe lists what game or games the recipe can be found in and includes ingredients and numbered directions.

To wrap this up, if you want this cookbook because you loved Sims 2 and 3, you may want to pass on it. Each recipe tells which Sims edition or special pack the recipe can be found and has a cute little explanation of each one.Even though there are 88 recipes based on all The Sims games, a majority of the recipes come from The Sims 4. As someone who has been playing the Sims since its inception (Sims 1 - and yes, I just highlighted my age with a big yellow highlighter), this was more of a nostalgic read for me than anything. Now, you can perfect the baked Alaska and lobster thermidor you’ve been watching your Sims make with The Unofficial Sims Cookbook. It is absolutely delightful to see recipes for the weird little things my Sims cook for themselves and their friends and families. Maybe you don't need a recipe for Grilled Cheese, but what about Lobster Thermador or Pan de la Muerte?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment