276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Radiant: Recipes to heal your skin from within (Hannah Sillitoe Books)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Beginning with a juice cleanse, Hanna takes you through a range of delicious, skin-loving meals including Turmeric and Ginger Chia Pudding, Immunity Ramen, Beet Burgers and even Clean Tiramisu. She also shows you how to create homemade beauty products, including an Avocado and Honey Facemask and Rosemary and Lemon Salt Scrub, which have gone on to inspire the eponymous skincare range for which she secured funding on BBC 2's Dragons' Den.

She teaches young women how to be radiant with the love and joy of Christ and to use their uniqueness to serve God and reflect Him to the world. "Overcomer" and the books it has sparked are great opportunities to reinforce the message of finding our identity in God rather than through our culture. A scientist we know as Madame Marie Curie pursues her work with radium for such uses, among many, with medical diagnostics and treatment. For more than 20 years, Hanna Sillitoe suffered from severe psoriasis, eczema and acne. They dominated her life and shattered her confidence. At times she even resorted to wrapping her skin in clingfilm to stop her clothes rubbing against her raw skin. When her doctor told her the only remaining treatment was chemotherapy, she started researching diet and skin, and ultimately changed her life, cutting out caffeine, alcohol, sugar, dairy and wheat, with dramatic results. In today’s society, almost every women could benefit from the message that Priscilla offers. I think this book would work well as a women’s study guide, although reading it ‘solo’ would certainly be beneficial.We are taken into the world of late 1800s-early 1900s Paris. An American performer named Loïe Fuller pursues her dream of marrying visual art and colour with her dance performances. She hears of a new substance called radium, with luminescent properties she desires to bring her visions of costuming to reality on stage.

At the turn of the century, Paris was a hotbed of creativity. Technology boomed, delivering to the world electric light, the automobile, and new ways to treat disease, while imagination blossomed, creating Art Nouveau, motion pictures, and modernist literature. A pivotal figure during this time, yet largely forgotten today, Loie Fuller was an American performance artist who became a living symbol of the Art Nouveau movement with her hypnotic dances and stunning theatrical effects. Credited today as the pioneer of modern dance, she was perennially broke, never took no for an answer, spent most of her life with a female partner, and never questioned her drive. She was a visionary, a renegade, and a loyal friend.By encouraging young women to find their true identity in Christ, Shirer focuses on God's Word as a means to make wise decisions. Whilst not a book designed for weight loss, the clear skin diet information can often coincide with a reduction in body weight. Because of this, it is always advisable to speak with a Doctor or Pharmacist before embarking on a skin clearing journey from Hanna Sillitoe’s book to ensure there’s no contraindications. The power of natural healing

The author of this arresting story runs an online educational platform for kids. She posts science related activities that can be done in the kitchen. She has a master's in bacteriology and has worked as a scientific researcher. It turns out she is also a skilled historical researcher. A uniquely eccentric figure even in the crowded field of Belle Époque Paris, "rather than depending on choreography or exposed flesh," the 5-foot-2 Fuller "incorporated technology into her art to make it new and modern." Ceaselessly pursuing her beautiful stage illusions through luminescence, Fuller also sought patents for her inventions, for "it was Loie's mind, rather than her face or body, that made her shine brighter than the other dancers in Paris." Radiant reads like historical fiction but is in fact non fiction. The story of Marie Curie and her unlikely friendship with dancer Loie Fuller sheds a different light on the scientist. I am sure the author took a few artistic liberties, but judging by the impressive bibliography, they were thoughtfully and respectfully done. Going Beyond Ministries also equips believers through books and Bible study resources. Priscilla has authored over a dozen video driven studies for women and teens on a myriad of Biblical characters and topics including Jonah, Gideon, the Exodus, discerning God’s voice, The Armor of God. There are 4 parts to this book each with several chapters. Each part begins with scriptures to read, affirmations to recite, along with an example of God’s eternal truth which women should believe. At the end of each section there are things to think about and ‘takeaways’.

I found Radiant to be a fascinating read. While I was familiar in a shallow way with Marie Curie's life story, I had never heard of Loie Fuller. The juxtaposition of the main characters- a scientist and a dancer- and their worlds was striking. While the author calls the book "creative non-fiction", I found the extensive research she did convincing. Uplifting and inspiring for those who have been searching for the answer to seemingly unsolvable skin complaints, Hanna's programme is also suitable for those simply looking to improve their overall health and complexion. It's a recipe for good health and clear skin, from the inside out. A fresh and lovely dual biography of two extraordinary women who met at the intersection of science and art in the singular landscape of Belle Époque Paris.

Hanna Sillitoe’s recipes are world-renowned and are used across the globe after the original online recipe platform, My Goodness Recipes, became an overnight success. Hanna’s Radiant book followed, showcasing a wealth of tips and advice on delicious, nourishing food and drinks, with the sole aim of providing a powerful and life-changing diet for radiant skin. The radiant health diet is easy to follow and uses goodness of nature’s finest fruit and vegetables. Rich in nutrients and minerals, this radiant diet is often recommended for eczema sufferers as a natural alternative to creams and steroids. We hear stories from readers on a daily basis about how the book has transformed lives and these radiant recovery diet stories are simply heartwarming and inspiring. The connection between Marie Curie and Loie Fuller and their support of one another is one of the most intriguing parts of this book. Both were “radiant” in their own way and paved the way for more respect for women in both science and the arts during a time not given to thinking about women as anything other than as wives and mothers. It is a natural fit to connect these two in the book, especially in light of their long, on-going friendship. What better way to enlighten the reading audience about two such brilliant women? Liz’s ability to create dialogue for this book of narrative non-fiction is admirable; she does this with the utmost care and attention to the truth. Although non-fiction is not my favorite genre, I found the the dialogue livened up the material, helped me picture the scenes, and captured my attention in a way much non-fiction does not do for me.Many of the chapters include lists—list of the names that women should be called by, names that define who they are in God’s sight.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment