276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Adrift: 100 Charts that Reveal Why America is on the Brink of Change

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From bestselling author and NYU business school professor Scott Galloway comes an urgent examination of the future of our nation - and how we got here. Your education, whether you earn it from a university or a less traditional venue, is essential. It might take a creative approach but don’t sell yourself short by giving up on the idea – even if it comes with major challenges. Much of life has moved online and that comes with advantages. Working online can save you lots of time, not to mention big money on commuting and office attire. It can also help companies hire the right workers, no matter where they live, and do their business more efficiently. We’re also seeing recreation move online, with tech companies investing in the metaverse, a place for ever more immersive online gaming and interaction. The first time I read this book I came away with the impression that Galloway misused data to tell a

Adrift: America in 100 Charts: Galloway, Scott: 9780593542408

misleading story about America's social ills. On second read, I think his use of data is actually pretty fair and contributes more-or-less well to his argument; the problem is, Galloway does a terrible job of actually articulating that argument, constantly getting lost in the weeds. An urgent examination of America's future through a review of its past from 1945 to today for readers seeking to understand the reasons for its political, social and economic crisis from New York Times bestselling author Scott Galloway. You may have heard recently that college is overrated. It’s certainly true that educational institutions offer degrees that may not lead to a high-paying career. Not to mention college costs have soared and so has student loan debt. The cost of a college education rose 169 percent from 1980 to 2019 and wages didn’t even come close to keeping pace. Next, here is an incomplete list of the things (he should be arguing "institutions," but not all of these things are institutions) Galloway thinks have declined, to the detriment of the middle class:Involvement in communities like Church, Guides, Rotary, and even talking to people has gone down since the 90’s. From bestselling author, CNN+ host of No Mercy, No Malice, and NYU business school professor Scott Galloway comes an urgent examination of the future of our nation – and how we got here. I was annoyed by how many times the author brought up immigration and the benefits immigrants bring to America. His mother immigrated here so of course he's pro-immigration, as am I, but I didn't need to be constantly reminded of it. It started to seem like the whole purpose of the book was to convince Americans that immigration is a good thing (which it is, though obviously not so much for the suffering people who must flee their homes and come to a country where half of us despise them).

Adrift Summary of Key Ideas and Review | Scott Galloway Adrift Summary of Key Ideas and Review | Scott Galloway

Galloway grew up in Los Angeles, California. [7] His father was a Scottish immigrant to the United States who worked as a sales executive. [7] His mother, a Jewish emigrant from London, England, worked as a secretary. [7] [8] [9] Well, OK, they also come with a lot of downsides. Nobody asks for a crisis like a global pandemic throwing everything into confusion. But at the same time, risk and instability can actually foster innovation and research. When old ways of doing things fall apart, people come up with new ideas. New and better restaurants may move into a neighborhood to replace failed ones. Tanking rents may not be great news for landlords but they can clear the way for more people to move into an area for job opportunities. Maybe it's because I'm a control freak, but I hate going into a book expecting one thing and getting another; it makes me feel a loss of control. That might be silly but as I said - control freak 🙋🏼‍♀️) SREENIVASAN: You know, we’ve had previous conversations about your views on higher education and education, and as a society, we feel like investing in ourselves, giving ourselves that education is a way to have that social mobility. And one of the charts that you point out is how — what you make with that college degree, it is just the return on investment is poorer and poorer. PDF / EPUB File Name: Adrift_America_in_100_Charts_-_Scott_Galloway.pdf, Adrift_America_in_100_Charts_-_Scott_Galloway.epubScott Galloway’s book “Adrift” is a story about America told in 100 charts”. It’s very easy to digest because visuals are easier to process than words. On Friday, September 28, 2018, Recode and the Vox Media Podcast Network launched Pivot, a weekly news commentary podcast co-hosted by Kara Swisher and Galloway. In February 2020, Galloway launched The Prof G Show, a weekly podcast answering listener questions on business, money, and tech. [29] From bestselling authorand NYU business school professor Scott Galloway comes an urgent examination of the future of our nation – and how we got here. NYU Stern – Scott Galloway – Professor of Marketing". New York University Stern School of Business . Retrieved September 25, 2019.

Books | Scott Galloway | Adrift: America in 100 Charts - NYU

CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR, HOST: Now, while the current social and economic crisis in United States seemed complex, our next guest believes that it can be fixed. Marketing professor Scott Galloway examines the future of this America in his new book, and joins Hari Sreenivasan to discuss the dangers of a shrinking middle class. Lots of those things are important, and some might even relate to his argument (which, once again, is: institutions creating competition and protecting the middle class from the excesses of unrestricted competition--"ruthless capitalism"--have both atrophied). The problem is, when it gets to the details, Galloway isn't particularly clear or focused. We’re seeing a decline not just in community organizations but, predictably, in friendships too. In 1990, 40 percent of men and 28 percent of women reported having ten or more friends. By 2021, deep into the age of social media, a staggeringly low 15 percent of men and 11 percent of women said they had that many friends. Dennis, Steven. "The Inconvenient Truth About E-Commerce: It's Largely Unprofitable". Forbes . Retrieved March 17, 2017.This book attempts to figure out exactly what the problems are, why they happened, and if they can be ameliorated. Its focus is on the last 40 years or so, when the postwar era officially ended and Reagan came on the scene. Charts, graphs, and infographics examine various aspects of society, from commerce to our environment to our social lives, to explain what has changed and speculate on how those changes have altered our society.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment