276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Counselling for Toads: A Psychological Adventure

£12.495£24.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For over 25 years Counselling for Toads has provided readers with a warm and engaging introduction to counselling, brought to life by Toad and his friends from Kenneth Grahame’s The Wind in the Willows. Based on the characters and setting of Kenneth Grahame’s “The Wind in the Willows” we find Toad has fallen into a deep depression. We then follow Toad on his journey through counselling with Heron as his Counsellor. For anyone wishing to know something about transactional analysis this is a clear and very readable introduction." - The Friend Davis and his colleagues were able to make 3 study articles on this medication but studies have been slow. BetterHelp offers accessible, affordable, and confidential online counselling that can provide you with the support and guidance you need to navigate life’s ups and downs. Our licensed therapists specialize in a variety of areas, including depression, anxiety, relationships, and more, and can provide you with personalized therapy that fits your unique needs and circumstances.

When this drug is properly taken, there is less room for people to use this medication for recreational use which can lead to drug abuse.A delightful book which... offers a gentle introduction to transactional analysis and much more." - Relate News

Davis explains this metaphor indicating that the medication does have a side effect which is physical immobility for 20 to 30 minutes. This kind of observation is very prolonged that might need long dedication from medical personnel who are studying this medication. This means you should have someone monitor while you take this medication to guide you in your troubles with movement. Some people who have taken this drug state that they feel much better and they feel like they have moved in another place of existence. Heron uses a variety of therapy models, such as Person Centred, Psychodynamic and Existential, to help Toad explore his childhood, his relationships and his way of being. Heron also makes great use of the Transactional Analysis’ ego states of Child, Parent and Adult to help Toad understand why he and others behave in the ways that they do. Providing Toad with some Psychoeducation, as he learns to analyse his own feelings and develop his emotional intelligence. I didn’t dislike anything but I see the counselling journey as far more muddy than outlined here. That said the conciseness of the book captures TA’s essence and keeps the story engaging.

An imaginative attempt to explain the counselling process... the idea of counselling is all around, but this demystified it wittily." - Openmind This is a fantastic book. Well written and easy to understand and follow. The counselling process is very eloquently explained from beginning to end and as Toad learns to understand himself and the world around him I could feel his progress and felt genuine empathy with him when the work got hard. When the counselling session was over, Heron asks Toad to talk about his progress throughout the counselling sessions they have had. Over 3 million copies sold worldwide and translated into seven languages! For over 25 years Counselling for Toads has provided readers with a warm and engaging introduction to counselling, brought to life by Toad and his friends from Kenneth Grahame’s The Wind in the Willows . Over the course of ten sessions, which correspond to chapters of the book, a very depressed Toad learns how to analyse his own feelings and develop his emotional intelligence using the language and ideas of transactional analysis. He meets his ‘rebellious child’ and his ‘adult’ along the way and by the end of the book, Toad is setting out on a completely new adventure – as debonair as he ever was. Readers will learn about the counselling process and themselves as they join Toad on his journey from psychological distress to psychological growth and development. A must-read for anyone approaching counselling for the first time, whether as a student or as a client, or for the professional counsellor looking for something to recommend to the hesitant. Counselling for Toads by Robert De Board – eBook Details

This engaging pastiche of Kenneth Grahame's riverbank classic... manages to be not only instructive and, at times, extremely amusing, but also to remain remarkably faithful to the cheery, bucolic spirit of the original... extremely enjoyable." - Paul Sussman, in the Independent on Sunday I always wanted to please them [his parents]. I'm not sure if I ever succeeded, but I remember clearly wanting them to be pleased and proud of me. . . . Perhaps that is why I developed a tendency to show off. They never seemed pleased or impressed with what I did, so I indulged in extravagant and stupid behavior to try and gain their attention. A clever intertwining of the tale of Toad and the intricate thought processes behind the science of counselling... a classic journey of discovery, triumph and pain." - Book of the Day, Glasgow Herald A delightful book which...offers a gentle introduction to Transactional Analysis and much more. -- Relate News He made great use of transactional analysis which is the use of the Child, Parent, and Adult model in us to know how other people work in our lives.This led Toad to become a whole new toad where he was more capable of doing what he needs to do and be liberated from his crippling depression.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment