276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NIKE Women's WMNS Metcon 6 Gymnastics Shoe

£67.375£134.75Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The hyperlift goes under the midsole – and when it’s in place it gives you more heel raise. Great for squats, thrusters, and pistols. The removable midsole of the shoe (that’s the part between the outsole and your foot – is made from 2 kinds of foam. Having said that, if you have the Nike Metcon 5 and you are OK with the fit and feel – get the same size.

Looking around the heel we can see that the collar is much higher on the Reebok. It’s also got a lot of padding. The Reebok feels bulkier because of this. Changes in the heel are cosmetic only. The 6 has the big Metcon M and a different texture, but the TPU heel clip and relatively low collar are still present.One more shot of the width difference – because that’s a big deal – if you need it. The Reebok is a Men’s Size 11, the Nike is an 11.5 The launch colorway of leopard print (women’s sizes), camo print (men’s sizes) and a dark Mat Fraser special edition was not to my taste at all. To draw a comparison I just prefer the feel on the foot from the higher heel cup and tongue of the Nano X, and prefer Reebok’s classic design and more subtle sole rope wrap.

I wear an 11 in just about every other Nike shoe – and shoes from other brands like Reebok, UA, etc.) That said these shoes don’t really have any heel raise (4mm) until you put in those hyperlifts – and then they’ve got 12mm of heel raise!.This is great for minimizing ankle flexion in the pistol squats, thrusters, and really anything that requires squatting. Why? Because just like it’s predecessor (the Nike Metcon 5) it’s a bit tight and cramped up in the toe area.Beyond the upper, everything else is carried over unchanged from the Metcon 5. The all-rubber, flat, super grippy outsole is still there. Same shape, same diamond wide heel, flex grooves, etc. Well, it’s the same shape and size as the prior shoe – so I’m recommending to go 1/2 size up to get comfort in the toe area. To begin with the shoe does feel stiff both in the sole and around the heel cup, so I’d recommend wearing them around the home or for a short walk outdoors before a long workout, and risking any rubbing or hotspots.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment