276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Electric Log Splitter | 7 Ton Wood Cutter with Work Stand | Hydraulic Logsplitter Titan Pro

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Forest Master is a reliable company, concerned about user experience. Even if you’re a pro and know all about log splitters and axes, you might still need some advice once in a while. Short, seasoned logs, with a smaller diameter, require a smaller and, therefore, more compact log splitter. Titan Pro Logsplitters are quiet in operation, splitting all logs including seasoned and "green" wood like a hot knife through butter in just seconds! This means you can prepare, dry out and store logs at any time of the year. This vertical log splitter boasts a maximum force of 7 tonnes, which is more than enough for dealing with tough or knotty wood. If buying a model without a stand I would be looking to safely bench mount it. No chance I’m leaning over all that time. This guy demos how to do it with a little 5 ton log splitter on the bench. I can’t show you that as mine is on a stand. So here’s a look at what he’s done and it looks plenty safe enough to me. It also makes the engage switch easier to access:

If you don’t want an axe, the AGMA Swedish Log Splitter is the best cheap splitter option because it’s easy to use, and it’s effective for smaller, brittle logs with no knots. The cutting from two ends design ensures you can deal with bigger logs effortlessly, but there are other characteristics that allow this Forest Master Log Splitter to cut through bigger logs. This article takes you through a series of best log splitters for different tasks, and you should choose according to your needs.After recently updating my best log splitter article I noticed the petrol log splitter options had changed and there were some extra powerful and heavy duty options recently introduced to the UK market, and certainly worthy of an update in this article!

Log splitters have some advantages over axes because you just insert the piece of wood in the slot and let gravity or hydraulics do the work for you. Log splitters can deal with longer lengths, too, and you can go through a pile per day without feeling like you’re working. These log splitters rely on manual labour rather than a power source. There are different designs of manual splitters, some are hand operated, and others are foot powered, some require a fair bit of man power, and others have hydraulics to make this easier.
Manual log splitters are the cheapest type and lightest of the three varieties but they are also the most labour intensive. If you have to split timber on a regular basis and/or in large quantities you’d probably be better off paying the extra for an electric or petrol powered log splitter, but if you only occasionally require one, a manual log splitter may be the one for you. Electric Log Splitters The Forest Master manual log splitter is easy to set up using an Allen key, and has a nice safety feature in the shape of a safety valve. This works to stop overloading and damaging the machine. It’l split 32cm logs which is a bit less than the Titan. That said, it’s normally plenty for home use. There are wheels that help moving about, not that I would recommend doing so too much. It’s a heavy bit of kit. If you’re buying this for work though and theres a couple of you lifting/pulling then you’ll certainly appreciate the wheels. Powerful electric log splitter: Heavy Duty Electric Log Splitter 3HP 7 TON Axe Wood Maul with Stand

My favourite Petrol Log Splitter for 2021 is going to be the Titan Pro Petrol Log Splitter 9 Ton Vertical. If you’ve got knotty wood then this is a lovely bit of kit. It’s surprising how many 6 tonne models can struggle a bit on knotty wood. Not this thing, it’s got all the power you could want. The axe head is huge so it can handle logs as big as any normal man can lift. The table can be set at variable heights and the ram travel is pretty much full so all the more power to cut logs and this has no problem with the kind of logs manual and electric log splitters would really struggle on. Before I get going take a look at the demo video from Titan for cut power: Once you load the wood into the table you keep your hands well away. The supports hold logs in place whist the axe gets to grip with splitting the timber. As with all hydraulics it feels slow but the process is entirely effortless and the 40T pressure comes from the reliable Briggs and Stratton 13.5HP petrol engine. The motor is 2200 watts, just like the two other Forest Master models above. And just like we explained above, 2200 watts is almost 50% more power than the industry standard. And 2200 watts translate into five tons of power, whereas other electric log splitters achieve just four tons of power.

Splitting wood with an axe is very time consuming and most of us lead very busy lives these days and just don’t have those hours to spare but for small time use you could get away with one and some log spitting wedges. Types of Log Splitters This machine allows you to operate the button and the lever at the same time, with both your hands, which is another convenient, safe, and beginner-friendly feature. This model has the added features of guards covering your hands on the handles and the splitter returning to the starting position if the handles are released. The logs are also held in place by toothed grippers that are built in to the hand guards. An axe is what a typical horror movie murderer will use, while a log splitter is what his grandma would have.The 2200 watt motor produces the equivalent of 5 tons of force, which works well on medium-length logs. The logs you can split with it have to be soft or green wood, with a maximum length of 30 cm and a maximum diameter of 25 cm.

Just like the Forest Master 5-ton, this product features a unique safety guard with no side holes to make sure the logs and debris are trapped inside, and to minimize the possibility of a stray log damaging it. This log splitter can help you split lots of wood for a grill or the oven. Although it takes longer than an axe and it can’t perform well with knotty or tough wood, the AGMA Swedish log splitter is effective for the right type of logs. The 2200 watt motor is almost 50% more powerful than the motor featured by other electric log splitters, which are only around 1500 watt.

Latest articles

The stationary blade is also adjustable and you can set it to start splitting immediately rather than waiting for the weight to drop like the Swedish Slitter we just reviewed. As the name suggests, this log splitter is operated manually by foot. You can adjust the height (at least 33cm) and then you simply push down hard repeatedly with your foot until the log splits. One step of the foot is supposed to exert a force of up to 1.2 tons of pressure and the manufacturers say that it can split seasoned and green wood logs and at a maximum size of 45.7cm in length and 25.4cm diameter.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment