276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Elsewhere

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Everyone believes that Salil Singh killed his girlfriend, Andrea Bell, five years ago—except Pippa Fitz-Amobi. People, you'll find, aren't usually all good or bad. Sometimes they're just a little bit good and a whole lot bad. And sometimes they're mostly good with a dash of bad. And most of us, well, we fall in the middle somewhere.” Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow is a special book -- one that transports readers fully, as games do their players, into its immaculately crafted world The Times

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin | Goodreads Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin | Goodreads

James Davis Nicoll on Five SF Visions of Society Free From Rules, Regulations, or Effective Government 3 seconds ago But Liz wants to turn sixteen, not fourteen (again). She wants to get her driver’s license. She wants to graduate from high school and go to college. She wants to fall in love. And now that she’s dead, Liz is being forced to live a life she doesn’t want with a grandmother she has only just met. And it is not going well.James Davis Nicoll Five SF Visions of Society Free From Rules, Regulations, or Effective Government 42 mins ago

Elsewhere - Macmillan

Every so often a book comes along with a premise so fresh and arresting it seems to exist in a category all its own. “Elsewhere,” by Gabrielle Zevin, is such a book.Zevin’s touch is marvelously light even as she considers profundities, easily moving among humor, wisdom and lyricism… No plot synopsis can convey what a rich, wise spell this book casts.” The New York Times Book Review Tomorrow, And Tomorrow, And Tomorrowis “a modern love story about two friends who meet as children and reunite as adults to create video games, finding an intimacy in digital storytelling that eludes them in their real lives,” according to the Deadline report, which also says it’s “a novel that does for video games what The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Klay did for comic books.” More than 25 offers were made on the film/TV rights. When was the last time I read a book that surrounded me like this? . . . I'm blown away KATIE CLAPHAM, Storytellers Inc Hey, I've got weird things, too." Thandi raises her canopy of braids like a theater curtain. "Ta da," she says, revealing a small but deep, still-red wound at the base of her skull.Zevin’s touch is marvelously light even as she considers profundities, easily moving among humor, wisdom and lyricism. . . .No plot synopsis can convey what a rich, wise spell this book casts.” — The New York Times Book Review

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin | Goodreads

Despite having an engrossing plot, the book reminds you that plot is never really the point of a great novel, and this is a great novel Erica Wagner, Financial Times Paul Rudd and Jenna Ortega Are Probably Going to Have a Very Bad Weekend in A24’s Death of a Unicorn Now, don't you think that that is a total rip off? I mean, okay... you're just starting to feel out who you are and then you die and everything goes in reverse. So, you hardly have time to define yourself and by the time you're 21, you're really nine... WTF? Yes, the book has plenty of great ideas, but they are wrapped up in a very dull and childish plot with a lot of teenage whining. Even the "romance" rings false - you basically have a 35-year old man (in a body of a 17-old boy) fall in love with a 15-year old girl. There are talking dogs and mermaids, and Elsewhere itself is a rather boring utopia-like place. Ultimately the story is just extremely juvenile. I think if you take out references of sexuality from "Elsewhere" it will make a great read for 10-year olds (to spark that conversation about afterlife), but as a young adult novel it falls short. It feels right that the best video game novel out there is by a woman. Her story about the decades-long friendship and partnership between video game designers Sam and Sadie gets at so much about work, love and storytelling. It's a book that spawns great conversations. Irenosen Okojie, author of Nudibranch

Become a Member

An exceptional novel that is, at times, heartbreakingly poignant, but also uniquely uplifting.”— Publishing News Saying you're through with romance is like saying you're done with living, Betty. Life is better with a little romance, you know.” Elizabeth Hall wakes in a strange bed in a strange room with the strange feeling that her sheets are trying to smother her. Elsewhere has a way of teaching you without actually teaching. I wished I had found this book and read it at the right age though. I LOVED this!... Magnificent... Such wisdom and tenderness about friendship and love as the years march on. Wonderful Russell T Davies

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment