276°
Posted 20 hours ago

XPLORA X5 PLAY - Watch Phone for Children 4G - Calls, Messages, Kids School Mode, SOS Function, GPS Location, Camera and Pedometer - Includes 2 Year Warranty (PINK)

£69.995£139.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That safety zone radius must be a minimum of 500 meters from the pinpoint in the map, and you'll also get the option to name the safety zone and zoom into maps (powered by Google Maps) to create that area. By setting up S-Zones in the app, I can be notified when my son leaves school on the bus to head home and also when he's arrived home. I’m Leah Campbell and I’ve been working as a freelance journalist in the health and tech fields for nearly eight years now. I’ve been a contributor to Reviewed for the last two years, and I am a Forbes contributor reporting on the intersection of health and parenting. I’m also mom to my 7-year-old daughter who served as my testing partner in trialing kid smartwatches for this review. The speaker on the watch is about as good as can be expected for such a small device. It's just good enough for calls and music, so long as your child isn't expecting high-fidelity output. My son loves music, and the watch supports audio files. However, the only way to put music on the Xplora X5 Play is by sending it in a message, and the file must be under 5 MB. There are text options, too, including pre-uploaded words and phrases like 'love you', 'I'll be late', etc, that can be sent with a couple of easy taps.

It includes a 2MP camera and can store up to a thousand pictures on the device, and ours have spent hours just playing around with that function and recording themselves performing. If you want your child to wear this watch throughout the day, it needs to be comfortable on their wrist. Most smartwatches designed for kids come with smooth rubber bands that fit quite comfortably, but pay attention to those made from different materials. Durability Definitely MattersThe watch comes in a range of different Marvel, Star Wars and Disney-themed styles to make this one of the more fun-looking watches to live with. That safety zone radius must be a minimum of 500 metres from the pin point in the map and will let you name the safety zone and zoom into maps powered by Google Maps to create that area. It's straightforward to set up from the main screen on the app. When or if they move out of that designated area, the watch will send a notification to the companion app to let you know they've left the safety zone. According to Xplora, children who wear the watch and engage with the Goplay platform walk up to 300% more steps a day than regular users. Sten Kirkbak, Founder and CEO at Xplora Technologies, said: “We are excited to be teaming up with EE, to offer families our industry leading smartwatches and the UK’s best mobile connectivity. Our smartwatches not only help parents to keep in touch, but also incentivise children to take part in more physical activity – giving them access to great offers and initiatives they can take part in via our unique online platform.” EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast connections in more places than any other operator. EE brought the first 4G network to the UK in October 2012 with it continuing to be the UK’s biggest 4G network and launched the UK’s first 5G network in May 2019.

The Xplora X5 Play is a good-looking kid's smartwatch with some great ideas for encouraging activity. The safety features available for the parents are well implemented and allow you to monitor your child as needed. The microphone issues can pose problems when your child is making calls in noisy environments, and the preset reward system can be disappointing. The Xplora X5 is the Norwegian-based wearable maker’s latest kids smartwatch that’s that offers features that should give it appeal to parents and guardians as well. The watch includes a step counter which rewards you for every 1,000 steps taken, by converting steps into virtual Xcoins and badges. One little issue was that some apps used the physical button to close apps and others use a swipe to close. Maybe it would be more useful to apply the same method to all apps. One of the main reasons for getting a connected smartwatch is for communication. Messaging works as expected on the Xplora X5 Play, although it's a little light on the number of available emoji compared to other smartwatches. The watch can also make calls, but the quality of the calls is not great. It seems as if the sensitivity level of the microphone is cranked all the way up.Design: Younger kids will love bright, chunky watches with large, colourful screens that show funny faces and icons. Older children and teenagers will prefer a sleek look with intuitive touchscreen displays.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment