276°
Posted 20 hours ago

White Grab Pull Handles Front Or Rear Pair Caravan 137mm Centres Motorhome

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This has totally gutted me, as my Grandad suffers advanced Alzheimers Disease and doesn't get to see his great grandson as often as they'd like to, due to my living in South East Wales now. The timing of this new found damp issue couldn't have been worse. Having said that, there's no guarantee that the UK weather will hold out on the days I need it to weather wise to finally start the repair job and hence why I've started it now.

The leading touring caravan, motorhome and holiday home manufacturer in the UK, Swift is a company with a half-century record of building leisure vehicles for the touring enthusiast. It grew from a one-man operation in 1964 to an industry leader with over one thousand employees and thousands more customers across the globe. In the process, Swift has become a household name for holidaymakers in the UK, Europe, Asia and even Australia. What's more, the variety of Swift Caravan Spares enables customers from the four corners of the world to pursue their passion for touring. That's because the peace of mind that comes with knowing that Swift caravan spares are dependable and excellent value-for-money gives them the confidence to explore the world at will.We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. Customers of this grab bar find this a great practical addition, especially considering its extremely low price. It’s also claimed to hold in place very well offering a good grip throughout. Final Thoughts on Caravan Grab Handles I eventually realised that a car ceiling grab handle would be ideal – compact, comfortable, folding, neutral grey in colour and blending in well with the rest of the caravan décor. I had thought myself yesterday the only way maybe to sort the underside of front end - where the aluminium outer skin is fixed to the underneath (where as you see in the pics it isn't any more) would be to use aluminium angle corner the whole length in one piece along the front underside. Then drill new holes in to this, then fix this with nuts and bolts as opposed to screws.

Hopefully, these short overviews offer you a taste as to how well they could work for you in your own caravan. Any help, direction or more in depth help and advice before I start the job in hand would be so massively appreciated trust me. If your only doing a temporary repair ( around the window rubbers ) you should use non setting tubemastic ( non setting mastic can be a little messy to use ) . Keep the receipt of works as evidence should you need to make a damp claim under warranty in the future. Notes , press the alloy firmly into place before pilot drilling , add a good bit of mastic when finally fitting . To gain clearance for pilot drilling ,wind upthe rear caravan legs and extend downthe front ones .You have many more rights under SOGA (sale of goods act) in addition to warranty and without comprimiseing warranty. SOGA claim should also not be warranty history which will devalue your caravan when you come to trade it Quote: Awning rails , clean around the awning rail to body joint ( gap ) , add a bead of sealant to gap ( this is to protect from water ingress over the very short term , and you should maybe consider a awning rail reseal in the future ). Quote: Lift and clean around the window rubbers outside ( use white spirit then meths to clean ) , apply a bead of sealant under the window rubbers. The nightmare started this afternoon when finding some interior front corner sealant looking a little mouldy and instantly knew it wouldn't be good.

I'd read about white spirit and methylated spirit to clean off old sealant and give it a clean surface to take new stuff. However, you mention applying a bead of sealant under the window rubbers, but we think this is where the main problems began. As the current sealant under the rubbers has squeezed out of it past the rubbers in a bumpy fashion if that makes sense. Do I not need to re-seat the window rubbers on non setting bedding mastic that comes on a roll? Swift do not provide information to us on specific parts they fitted to their caravans or motorhomes. We would require the name of the manufacturer of the appliance as we can not search by your specific Swift caravan or motorhome.You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: Also, is there anything I should/could be brushing on to either side of the new ply, to give it some added protection? However, if you, as a DIY project you drill into that bodywork while the vehicle is still under warranty, you may have invalidated a potential future damp claim.

Notes , press the alloy firmly into place before pilot drilling , add a good bit of mastic when finally fitting . To gain clearance for pilot drilling , wind up the rear caravan legs and extend down the front ones . The whole idea of getting the caravan was so we would have cheap accommodation whilst up Sheffield way, visiting my family but I remember caravan holidays from my younger years with grandparents and want my own (2 yr old) son to experience these too and have many memories from them. You either want your LED changed f. o. c under warranty or not and I don't think there's a magic fairy that comes out at night and rectifies the problem without anyone noticing or being held on a warranty data base.However, these devices can still provide you with additional peace of mind that you are doing all you reasonably can to protect your valuable asset. The other issue I've found is underneath the front, where the aluminium external skin bends under and then meets the underside ply flooring etc, it's come away seemingly no screws holding it any more and needs a better fix than the previous persons obviously attempted but failed. This is my last job on the current list, as I believe at present until all the above is fixed and cured, the damp needs some air and somewhere to go... to close this off now would just compound matters even more?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment