276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Definitely Maybe

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I waited until he had he had smoked one of his special herbal cigarettes, then I put the record on the turntable to play. So with all that said - of course it's still an enjoyable ride, but to truly experience Oasis it was to see them live anywhere during the Alan White years IMO. All image and audio content is used by permission of the copyright holders or their agents, and/or according to fair dealing as per the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.

But there is too much high end with a digital distortion thing going as if the gain was cranked a notch too high, very noticeable on Noel's guitar on Shakermaker and Bring it on Down. I very much appreciate they broke this into two discs so that we can get the most fidelity out of these tracks (dead wax is not very wide, so they used the space very well imho). while this is one of the better ones of the new japanese reissues, it still has inner groove distortion issues, especially with sibilants. I like the music and was under no illusion that this would sound like an Analogue Productions pressing.

however, i got the 2009 UK press and compared it to this and the original UK CD, and this is easily the worst.

Warning: There is a counterfeit made in 2008 looking like the original - only the sleeve has an slight unsharp print and records have different runouts.After 29 years of this record changing my life I finally got a copy of this on original 1994 pressing. A bit compressed, but considering the drug fueled mastering and overdubbing Noel was apparently responsible for, a listener of this pressing can tell it has been re-mastered to bring it all under control.

Until then, this pressing is pretty top notch, and unquestionably better than some of the other re-releases. The sonics are right on point and it’s kind of sad how this album has been badly pressed over the years. In the edit page, go to the 'Metadata' tab and add your Juno artist, label or release page for listeners to purchase your release / releases. Original and 2009 pressings are still the ones to have, but you can't beat the QC with these Japanese pressings barring the actual sound.

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but because there is so much speculative discourse on these pressings, I think an audio sample is needed. It helps that this album is so incredible, but the sound of this pressing is so clean and vivid and wonderful. I think it is very clever, that they (Oasis) decided to make one of these picture discs (Side C) literally look like it is a record that is already playing on the turntable. This is as good as you honestly will get sound-wise for vinyl of this album as just like most of the oasis master recordings back in the 90s the album is brick-walled to red line at 11.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment