276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Quarter to Midnight: the thrilling first book in a brand new series from the bestselling author

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Gabe is co-owner of a trendy New Orleans restaurant, and the hot chef has made a name for himself in the city. In this nerve-shattering novel from the New York Times bestselling author of Alone in the Dark, special Agents Griffin Davenport and Kate Coppola are on the trail of a depraved criminal. There are appearances of familiar faces from past series, but doesn’t affect the plot of this new book. It was on these trips, however, that Karen Rose, the bestselling author of more than a dozen bestselling thrillers and mysteries, was born. She is delighted when she is paired with Gabe, an accomplished chef, in the investigation of his father’s death.

There’s the gruff detective with a troubling past who holds onto her trauma as something that fuels her to do good, and then there’s the psychologist who could use a little proactiveness when it comes to deciding whether a client is actually dangerous. Told from different PoVs including the bad guys,"Quarter to Midnight" is the first in a new "New Orleans" series and is a little wordy for my liking. Internationally bestselling, RITA-award winning, author Karen Rose was born and raised in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC. August 2022 NY: Berkley First edition, first printing, fine in a fine dust jacket, signed by the author. I know I'm about to be highly entertained with a story that is all-consuming, volatile and most likely graphic.As you read this exciting book, it’s hard to imagine that it only takes place in the course of one week!

Her assignment is to investigate the death of Chef Gabe Herbert's father, "Rocky", a police officer and Burke's old partner which was ruled a suicide. All of her books are romantic thriller and suspense, a genre that I enjoy reading when I want to pick up something lighter than the hardcore thrillers and crime mysteries I usually spend my time with. In all his years in the Chicago Fire Department, Lieutenant Reed Solliday has never experienced anything like this recent outbreak of house fires--devastating, vicious, and, in one case, homicidal. I’ve just finished Say no more and can’t wait to get her new book and find out which characters old and new are in it. As the story opens, retired police officer Rocky Herbert is found dead from a gunshot wound that is assumed to be self-inflicted.

I’ve been reading her books ever since I came across her first novel, Don’t Tell, back in 2003 when I got hooked on her stories. Her books have been so far translated into over 20 languages and have been been featured on various bestseller lists, including the New York Times, USA Today, London’s Sunday Times, and Germany’s Der Spiegel. But they both have terrible scars, they both carry a lot of pain on the shoulders, and soon they realize how difficult it is to find the courage to let go of the past. If you enjoy following disillusional thoughts and actions of some criminal, then perhaps you'll enjoy it more.

Molly can't believe she's being asked to work with the smoking hot chef whose chocolate cake is not the only thing that makes her mouth water. It was nonstop action from page one to the very end, except for the mushy parts, the very mushy parts. When she's not writing, she enjoys travelling, karate and, though not a popular Florida pastime, skiing. The bodies start dropping and it's clear that Molly and Gabe need to solve the case and keep Xavier safe. We're introduced to new characters and taken on a crazy adventure that had me second guessing everything I thought I knew.

I am the granddaughter of Patrick John "Stanley McShane" Rose whose books including "Cocos Island Treasure" I've recently published. Forget everything else once I hit that point near the end when the suspense explodes and I can’t leave off until there is a wrap up.

The incredible work of this brilliant author is destined to inspire new styles while also leading many imitators to follow in her footsteps. Luckily an agent saw her potential and sold her first book (2003’s “Don’t Tell”) and Rose — now 30-plus books later — hasn’t looked back. Little does he know, this decision will land him in hot water with none other than the aggressive (and cute) Detective McKittrick. He is convinced his dad would never take his own life and neither could guess just where or how high this examination could take them.Beginning with Chicago, her city-by-city approach has seen her set multiple novels in places she both loves (New Orleans and Minneapolis), as well as places she’s lived (Baltimore and Cincinnati). Brace yourself for a scorching new series from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Karen Rose, where San Diego means sun, surf, sand.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment