276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Echo of Old Books: A Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With no clues about the origins of these books, Ashlyn finds herself entangled in a literary puzzle that spans generations.

But if something tragic happened in a book, you could just close it and choose a new one, unlike real life, where events often played out without the protagonist’s consent.” The characters were wonderful. Both the contemporary ones and those that played a part in the historical sections. The story just unfolded so smoothly that I found it difficult to put the book down.She refers to herself as a Yankee, turned Southerner, turned Yankee! When she’s not writing she’s an avid reader, foodie, and lover of music, a football fan, and a devoted Florida Gator. Without a reader, a book was a blank slate, an object with no breath or pulse of its own. But once a book became part of someone’s world, it came to life, with a past and a present—and, if properly cared for, a future.” Give a Kindle Unlimited Subscription– What’s not to love about Unlimited Books! A gift subscription to Kindle Unlimited is a thoughtful gift that your favorite readers will love and appreciate.

This story was so cleverly written. I absolutely loved the way the love story, which is what this really is, was told through the two old books found by one of the present-day contemporary characters Ashlyn who is the rare book dealer and bookbinder. I loved this book!!! ❤️ I was sold at the cover and title alone! A book about books? With an actual book within the book? Sign me up!! 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️ Two time lines? Love it!! Ashlyn Greer owns a rare book store where she both restores and sells rare books. She also has a "gift" where she can feel echoes of feelings from the people who have owned a book previously. This is called psychometry. When she is given two book with no author and no way to tell who wrote them she is intrigued. Even more so when she opens the book and feels strong anguish coming from both books. She has to find out where these books came from and who wrote them. She wants to know the story. of 5 stars 2 of 5 stars 3 of 5 stars 4 of 5 stars 5 of 5 stars The Echo of Old Books by Barbara Davis

Browse articles by Author

Now. To the amazingness that is this book. The book is told from three points of view--a bookstore owner who finds two volumes of a story written by people she can't find names for. There's no author, no publisher, no publication date. Just two stories written--one as a rebuttal to the other. This takes her on a journey of discovery as she learns their stories, tries to sift the truth, and knows when it rings hollow because she's got a little "gift." The ability to sense emotions left behind by the people who handled the books. On top of the love story unfolding between Belle and Hemi, there is also the love story unfolding by the present-day characters Ashlyn and Ethan. Or is it a love story? You’ll need to read this book to know the answer to that! The Echo Of Old Books – What I Disliked

I only recently found author Barbara Davis a few years ago when I read her last novel, The Keeper Of Happy Endings. “Keeper” was the first Barbara Davis book I read, and that one was a keeper for me too! These books are actually found by rare book dealer Ashlynn who has an unusual gift. She feels echoes in certain books (especially these two) causing her to begin a long research project into the authors and circumstances surrounding these volumes from 30 years ago.

Browse reviews by Genre

I loved reading this book! It is beautifully written, with unique elements,well developed characters & it appeals to my romanticism & sense of the past. Books are the quietest and most constant friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient teachers. —Charles W. Eliot There is of course a dual time line with Ashlyn in 1984 and the two mysterious books from the 1940’s. Books may be likened to the people who come into our lives. Some will become precious to us; others will be set aside. The key is to discern which is which.” There’s nothing more personal than a book, especially one that’s become an important part of someone’s life.”

It all begins with Hemi and Belle and the two seemingly anonymous, most likely privately published books that hold their separate perspectives on their clearly doomed, inevitably tragic WW2-era romance. But those little books are only the beginning of the web that has been woven. Many thanks to @suzyapprovedbooktours, Barbara Davis, and Lake Union Publishing for my ARC in exchange for my honest review.He said all truly good writing—fiction or nonfiction—has a heartbeat, a life force that comes from the writer, like an invisible cord connecting them to the reader. Without it, the work is dead on arrival.” Books are feelings,” he replied simply. “They exist to make us feel. To connect us to what’s inside, sometimes to things we don’t even know are there. It only makes sense that some of what we feel when we’re reading would . . . rub off.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment