276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Peavey TransTube Rage 158 1x8" 25W guitar amp combo

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The paramount determining factor in selecting the right amplifier is the sound that it produces. If you do not have a powerful amplifier for your church choir, the essence of the service and the soulful music might not reach your audience. Hence, you need a strong and affordable amplifier to get the work done as per your requirements.

This particular amp is quite popular with Church tech as its "clean" channel makes the electric sound like an acoustic and is easy for beginners to use. The chorus and reverb sound much nicer when not overdriven. Not a solo amp for anything with drums, but fine for everyday sketching, writing, busking (where there's mains), and lending to other musos (it's cheap).

It is not just the powerful sound but also the incredible low tones that this amp offer keeps the audience moving and enjoying the bass guitar. The clean, natural, and organic sound makes it just the right fit for chorus singing. Two Switchable Channels: Clean and Lead Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

This is a versatile amp that even my wife doesn't mind carrying around. It sounds great and is powerful and cheap. If all you want is a practice amp I suggest trying it in a store with a guitar similar to the one you one. It can't hurt to try it anyway

What Makes Our Sales Engineers Great?

If i'm not going to get any parts from PV, ( guy from sweden realizes TODAY that's how you write Peavey when online ...) then i'm gonna try to deassemble/hardwire a reverb pedal as an effect in the loop, INSIDE the amp. I'm waiting to see how it goes, because the original blazer config has got to be the cheapest and most reliable. If you are looking for an array of in-built effects and easy USB connectivity for audio recording outputs, then Fender Mustang I V2 is just the right fit for you. It comes with reverb, delay/echo, tremolo, phaser, and other effects. The only things i would have a problem is that the distortion could have been better. The sound of it kinda breaks appart when you crank it up. Rage 258 gives you good value for money. It is affordable and hence good for people who are on a budget. The brand Peavey is highly reliable in terms of quality assurance of the product. The amplifier is well-suited for church choirs because there is no need for artificial effects. I like having a practice amp, ready to go. Go elsewhere if i have to... the kids and the wife simply don't understand how and when i get the urge. Thumbs up for the old tone blaster btw.

Additional to these channels, the amp features two radically different voicing switches - modern and vintage. You can adjust the voicing based on the mood and tone of your piece of music. Preamp and Power amp As for which Bandit is the best value for the money, it really depends on what you're after. I started another thread to help identify the different types of Bandits and how they've evolved over the years: Without using any tubes, the Transtube amps distribute sound as if coming out from tubes, which is best suited for indoor live performances and gigs. BTW: I'm really interested in buying a similar generation Bandit, what should I look for as distinguishing features? Or should I look for a later model to get the best version for the money? So you must consider selecting channels and effects based on the quality and tone of your style of music. Brand Value

Key specs

It's light. Very light - I'm a bass player, I live on the first floor, my amps live on the 2nd floor, and as I get older I wish I'd taken up the flute! There are two types of amplifiers, namely Tube amps and Solid State (SS) amps. A tube amp has a bulkier design consisting of tubes which is difficult to deal with. But it essentially is more powerful than an SS amp. It delivers warmer and vintage sounds. It is more expensive than the SS amp.

Mine doesn't have a modern/vintage switch as some I've seen do but seems to have everything else the newer ones have. It is what I've seen called "Silver Stripe", I think. I'm gettin NOWHERE with the reverbparts. The swedish retailer is simply ignoring me, not even telling me off! No answers at all. Another great alternative to Peavey Rage 258 is the Roland Cube 10GX. It is almost similar to Rage 258 but with some more features. In addition to the 3 EQ bands, it includes chorus, delay, and reverb effects. Personally, I did not like the Bandit and others taken to China. I don't have to hear anything about them being the same. I've been a Pvholic longer than most of you, before you were born. My problem is American jobs. The XXL was the one that really made a hearable difference to me immediatly, with Peavey's constant improvements. So your best liked can be any them. but the XXL has the most and latest improvements. Best overall. Try them out. This is a great product for its price..! The EQ allows you to create a lot of different sounds. its a good practice amp. You can even jam. youll be heard over the drums and bass. Its not great to perform to an audience unless you play solo, or with someone else.You must consider the power output of your amplifier based on the premises where the event/performances are to be conducted. I'll try to answear everything i remember. The picture isn't mine, but mine is the same. My rage is currently unavailable due to a thousand pieces in the workshop / storageroom Anyway, I guess what I'm looking for is any other information you guys can provide me related to it, i.e. when it was manufactured, does it have 4558 op-amps or is it all discrete transistors, is it one of the more desirable units, how can it be improved, etc..? The Peavey Rage 258 is a strong amplifier that produces a clear sound that is powerful enough for small bands and church choirs. The compact size and easy to set up features are a benefit to the beginners who can have control over their sound with the basic effects.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment