276°
Posted 20 hours ago

No More Perfect Marriages: Experience the Freedom of Being Real Together

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I don't want to give anything away, so I won't go into plot specifics, but it goes way below surface level and discusses a myriad of issues and concerns that people deal with on the journey through infertility (or just fertility issues in general). All the insensitive comments of well meaning people, the guilty internal struggle when everyone around you is having babies, the expense that comes along with pricey fertility treatments that may or may not work, and the mental health decline as you pull out of yourself and get lost in a downward spiral of depression and self-deprecation is all touched on. Before you shake your angry fist and scream "But what about adoption!", don't worry, that's discussed as well. I found myself crying throughout almost the entire book, but especially during those moments that felt carved from my very being and placed into Quinn and Graham's narrative. I remember those nights when Mr. Humphrey (bless him, he really is the best) would hold me close and tell me that I was enough and that he wouldn't give up on us. That moment in the story where the old man tells Quinn that the secret to a long happy marriage is for both spouses to never give up at the same time is SO true, and it broke me to read that after living it. Graham, I couldn't even be mad at him. I'm hurting so much, simultaneously, for both of them and the situation they've found themselves in that I just couldn't find it in me. There's something Quinn thinks, "A person can understand a behavior without excusing it" and I think that's the best way to put it. Cheating in romance books are a hard pass for me and very rarely do I overlook it, unless the character walks away from whoever they have been cheated by. Because THAT is a good role modeling system for any young people that decide to read this book. I would hate for younger me to read a book where one of the MC forgives the other for cheating on them.

Did she blame him for her miscarriage? No. She rather told him it’s not his fault. Did he return the courtesy and told her HIS cheating was not her fault? No. He blamed her for HIS weakness. This is the first time Coho managed to write a male character that I actually liked. Graham was soft, Graham was caring, Graham was loving. You could really feel his love for Quinn. You could feel him trying for her. Even when times were hard, he still tried. I believed him that he loved her. Every action of his showed how much he loved her. Sadness is like a spiderweb. You don't see it until you're caught up in it, and then you have to claw at yourself to try to break free." I have to make one concession though. I did tear up a few times. Some of it because I felt sorry for Graham and felt the pain of their unhappiness with their situation, but most of it because I was sad about something else, and any mild inconvenience would have made me cry. So I am not sure how accurate this is as an indicator of the emotionality of the book. If a scientist could figure out how to align the heart with the brain, there would be very little agony left in the world."And All your perfects is realistic story about not so perfect couple who are estranged and when they build walls between them, ruining every beautiful memory they’ve created in years, only a small box of letters help them go on!

If you’ve been married for any amount of time, you’ve probably had one or two disagreements that were literally about NOTHING. You ended up having a blow up that could rival most Jerry Springer shows all over the smallest thing. When you meet someone who is good for you, they won't fill you with insecurities by focusing on your flaws. They'll fill you with inspiration, because they'll focus on all the best parts of you."And guess what? THE BITCH DID IT AGAIN. Almost every time this woman releases a damn book, I end up a crying, sobbing mess well past the time I was supposed to go to bed like a responsible adult, and I lay there with my tears wishing I never had feelings!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment