276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rushing Woman's Syndrome: The Impact Of A Never-Ending To-Do List And How To Stay Healthy In Today's Busy World

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The term ‘Rushing Woman’s Syndrome’ was coined by Dr Libby Weaver. It evolved out of her observation of women’s health being drastically affected by the constant rush that many women now live in. “Never before have I seen the extent of reproductive system problems that I now see. Women are tired and wired. Sex-hormone based health problems such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, infertility, debilitating menopauses and exhaustion have never been greater, and the role of stress in this is undeniable when you look at both the body’s chemistry and the scientific research.” (Weaver, 2011). But deeper than that is a story we made up about women a long time ago. A story we tell ourselves that sayswe aren't good enough the waywe are. That we aren't tall enough, slim enough, pretty enough, brainy enough, on time enough. Because who we are is not enough,we spend our lives trying to please everyone around us, putting their needs ahead of our own.

Dr Libby Weaver explains Rushing Womans Syndrome. - Mamamia

It is important to realise that the way we eat, drink, move, think, believe and perceive impacts our need to rush. As a scientist and health professional I aim to help people live their lives with more PNS activation because this alone can have the most profound effect on health. From that place sex hormones are far easier to balance, liver function (detoxification processes) and digestion work closer to optimal so there’s far less bloating, and the thyroid works better which is also important for metabolic rate and the ability to burn body fat. Mindy, it’s such an honor. And honestly, you’ve really touched my heart. I’ve had water. I have water in my eyes right now. From your words, and thank you. Yeah, it’s Yeah, it’s really very, So why do we do it? One reason is because we care so much for the people in our lives. On one level this way of living comes from such a beautiful place. It happens because we have beautiful hearts, but even deeper than that it happens because we made up a story a really long time ago that we aren’t enough the way we are; that we aren’t good enough, tall enough, slim enough, pretty enough, brainy enough, on time enough, that we’re just not enough the way that we are, so we spend our lives trying to please everyone in our realm, putting their needs ahead of our own. We rush around and do all we can to make sure that others love and appreciate us so that we never, ever have to feel rejected, ostracised, unlovable, criticised, yelled at, and like we’ve let others down.From painful periods to fluid retention, from anxiety to yelling at the people we love the most in the word and berating ourselves afterwards, it has been a long time since women’s health has faced such an intense hormonal challenge. This interference of stress hormones with sex hormones is one of the major biochemical factors I describe in Rushing Woman’s Syndrome.

Overcoming Rushing Woman’s Syndrome – Dr Libby

Bring a sense of awareness into your life. Think about why you do what you do, and what lead you there. Awareness, rather than self-judgment is the first step in this journey to retire from the rush. Read Hutton, Holly by Sarah beak. And it is, I don’t want to give the sacred This doesn’t give the sacred two way. But at the end of it, she asks a series of questions. And because of the journey, she’s taken you on, I you can hear or feel your soul speak? No, it was it had a profound impact on my life. And it’s as if you can’t, we can create all sorts of stories in our mind about is that the right job for me? Well, not really. But I need the money to pay the mortgage? Or is that the right relationship? For me? Well, there’s all these beautiful things about that person. And then there’s all this other stuff that’s really challenging, and it really is not doesn’t really match with my value system. So we have all the that’s what we do in our head. But then at the end of this book, it’s like she has a way to ask your soul. And it’s the clarity, when she poses the questions. And it’s like, it’s that it’s that it’s that there’s no hesitation, you just know, and it showed me or reminded me that we all of us have a true knowing inside of us of who we are. And in the answers to those questions. We know, we just it gets blurred, because we might want to please people, or it gets blurred by all these stories we tell ourselves. So I found that book profound. It’s all for you, that life happens for you. It’s not happening to you. So even the big tough stuff that can unfold all of it for you.The nervous system plays a significant role in the stress response and it has a number of parts. The two branches related to this concept are the sympathetic nervous system (SNS), also known as the amped up “fight or flight” response, and the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS), the calming “rest, digest, repair and reproduce” arm of the nervous system. The challenge for too many women today is that they live in SNS dominance and this can play havoc with weight management, food cravings, sleep quality, patience, moods, self-esteem, and overall quality of life. Yeah, no, it makes it makes perfect sense. I actually had a I interviewed Bruce Lipton last week on my podcast. And he talked Yeah, he did. And this might be interesting to kind of understand some of the programming, maybe we got around being a Russian woman, because his belief system is that your subconscious programming becomes fully formed from zero to seven, that you are living in a state of more of a, of a hypnotic theta wave state. So the messages that get implanted from zero to seven will determine your behaviors for the rest of your life is the same with rushing do we watch the rushing people around us when we’re younger, and then make a decision of how we’re going to approach life and stress. As a scientist and health professional I aim to help people live their lives with more PNS activation. Letting the "rest, digest, repair and reproduce" arm of our nervous system do its jobcan have the most profound effect on health. I like to say this biochemical and emotional scenario is common but not normal. It doesn’t have to be this way. What if the symptoms your body gives you, what if the parts of your body that frustrate or sadden you, are simply messengers asking you to eat, drink, move, think, believe or perceive in a new way? It is time to see them as the gifts that they are. These symptoms can be wake up calls for women to make changes in their lives they may not otherwise make, enhancing their health, energy, vitality and greatness in the process.

The Science and Impact of Rushing - Dr Libby

Whilst we can all feel a bit stressed at times, constant/ongoing/worsening symptoms should not be ignored. Most stress can be better managed and psychologists are trained to teach you effective coping strategies and skills.The perceived need to rush is changing the face of women’s health in a detrimental way. From PMS to IBS, from losing our tempers to feeling like we can’t cope.Whether a woman displays it on the outside or keeps it under wraps, more are suffering. Not that long ago in human history women were given the opportunity to do what had traditionally been their father’s jobs, while maintaining what were traditionally their mother’s responsibilities and what has unfolded for too many women is a frantic double shift, of working day and night, with very little if any rest. There is suggestion that a lot of the stress that women experience is due to the expectations that we place upon ourselves – the expectation that we can and should be able to do it all….

Strategies for Healing Rushing Woman’s Syndrome – With Dr Strategies for Healing Rushing Woman’s Syndrome – With Dr

Nutritional biochemist, Dr. Libby Weaver (PhD), is also a thirteen-times bestselling author, speaker, and founder of the food-based supplement range, Bio Blends. Dr Libby’s unique and powerful approach to health examines the biochemical, nutritional and emotional reasons behind what might be driving the body to behave in a certain way. The way we speak to ourselves is of vital importance. Is the voice in your head a critic that is always telling you that you should have/could have done more; that what you did was not good enough; that you are failing? It’s possible to change that voice from a critic to a cheerleader that congratulates you on another job well done, praises you for being good enough and encourages you to take time for yourself. Get Support We rush around and do all we can to make sure that others love and appreciate us, so that we never ever have to feel rejected, ostracised, unlovable, criticised, yelled at, or like we've let others down. We’ve made more progress in the workplace than we have in the home. Research shows that if a woman and man both work full time and have one child, she does twice the amount of housework and three times the amount of childcare he does. So essentially, she has three jobs and he has one. It is time for the dawning of new era for women, which means it has to be for our men as well.One of the hormones driving this is adrenalin, which communicates to every cell in the body that your life is in danger. As I described in my TEDx talk science suggests humans have been on the planet for between 100,00 and 150,000 years and for the entirety of that history, that’s what adrenalin has meant to the body. The nervous system doesn’t know that the adrenalin amping you up is not from a physical threat to your life but rather your body’s response to the caffeine you drink and/or your perception of pressure. The challenge for too many women today is that they live in SNS dominance, in a constant state of "fight or flight". This can play havoc with weight management, food cravings, sleep quality, patience, moods, self-esteem, and overall quality of life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment