276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Art of Simple: Recipes and Ideas for a Calmer Way of Life

£13.475£26.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

van ez a kötélugrás vagy a hullámvasút esetében is: a legfélelmetesebb nem az, amikor csináljuk, hanem az azt megelőző pillanat." Kezeket fel, ki tudja, mi az a kötélugrás? Aki használja is ezt a kifejezést, tegye fel a másik kezét is! Arról nem is beszélve, hogy itt arról van szó, hogy a szorongásodról csak te tehetsz, úgyhogy mi lenne, ha mondjuk nem csinálnád. ("Valld be: ugye te hinted el szorongásod magvait?" Anyád.) A depressziós meg gondolom, szedje össze magát. In 2011 it became a full-fledged business, generating more income than our other jobs, thus shifting it from side hustle to our family’s main source of income. It’s also the year I started podcasting and realized how much I loved it, alongside writing. Overall, then, we feel that keeping things simple in finance, fewer assets, simple valuation rules, simple investment rules, is an underrated strategy and one that too few of us actively pursue as the mainstay of their strategic allocation.

Toch kom ik al gauw tot de conclusie dat er voor mij niets nieuws staat in het boek. De vele adviezen en manier van kijken naar problemen of het leven op zich zijn mij niet vreemd. Daarvan probeer ik altijd automatisch zoveel mogelijk toe te passen in het dagelijkste bestaan. Wellicht door levenservaring, omstandigheden of gewoon omdat ik al zoveel gelezen heb. Juist ook over deze onderwerpen. Gelukkig heeft de schrijver geen belerende manier van schrijven, soms een wat conservatieve kijk op zaken zoals gezin, kinderen, ouders etc. Maar daar kan ik wel doorheen prikken en is nu eenmaal gewoon anders met betrekking tot mijn situatie. Als ik begin met lezen merk ik hoe gemakkelijk de schrijfstijl leest. Het voorwoord geeft al weer hoe de schrijver geïnspireerd is door zijn werk als zenpriester om dit boek te schrijven. De gekozen bewoording voelt toegankelijk, geen ingewikkelde bewoording en komt open en oprecht over. Bovendien zijn de metaforen en omschrijvingen met regelmaat zo mooi dat ik het helemaal voor me zie en voel. A few books, a rotation of contributing writers, a course or two launched, and several iterations of that podcast, and here I am, in 2020, ready to give this beloved space the final bow it deserves.What we all want is the ability to play stress free, consistent golf. We are all tired of hitting the same poor shots or struggling with the stress of trying to get our body to move in certain ways. From tee to green we want to hit consistently solid shots, chip the ball close and make some putts. The start is nice, in that she lays out what ingredients (herbs, for instance) and equipment should be on hand for effective cooking. One simple example: the author's emphasis at several points on the value of a good supply of fresh aromatic foods to enhance flavors in a recipe (e.g., onions, carrots, and celery). Then, she discusses how to plan menus and entertain friends for dinner. Not recipes, but useful context. Zen: The Art of Simple Living makes the wisdom of the Buddha radically accessible' Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche, author of Emotional Rescue and Rebel Buddha Simplify your life with the art of Zen, and learn how to feel more relaxed, fulfilled, and with a renewed sense of peace.

I'm being biased in my star rating because this isn't really a great cookbook by any means. I just love Alice Waters and appreciate her purpose in writing this.What sent me over the top, though, were her instructions on how to cook rice. She presents two methods, both of which are more complicated than the one I and most cooks I know have used our whole lives. I just started this last night and I love it. The author, the owner of a lovely, but upscale restaurant, talks about food and cooking in a very down to earth way. Her premise is that anyone can cook and the only things you need are good ingredients (especially fresh local produce/herbs), good equipment (but not necessarily the most expensive), and the basic know-how. All of these things are explained and detailed in her book which reads nicely (particularly at 2:00 a.m. when you're on the couch making sure the new puppy doesn't wake the house!). Nearly everyone should just buy a cheap global equities fund for diversification and a locally denominated corporate bond fund to minimise FX volatility, he says. Government bonds are only useful for managing drawdown requirements, so they have no place in your long-term strategy. Commodities don’t generate income so it’s probably not worth bothering with them either, unless you have strong feelings about extreme climate change or have some specific risk to hedge. I really wanted to like this book. I'm a fan of what Alice Waters has done for promoting local, organic, well raised food. I'm planning a vacation that involves eating at her restaurants at least twice. I know from experience that the secret to really good food is to take really good ingredients and prepare them simply, and I try to apply that to my cooking. Like the podcast, I want to end this space well, on my terms, while it’s still a thing I’m proud of — so I’m not making this decision because I no longer think it’s good. In fact, I think last year was one of our best years.

No, the recipes aren't low fat. In fact, many involve a bechemel and butter's her best friend: however, the very ground work of this book teaches the most rudimentary basic that most Americans seem to be missing: TASTE your food, love your food--value what you put in your body, love the taste, no matter how simple, and if it's not good, don't eat it.As I mentioned, the last post will be on the last day this year — so, we’ve still got all of 2020 ahead of us here. And I have every intention of making this its best year yet! Fortunately in my golf game, I found this style of approach about over a year ago and it has made a difference. We are all on a golf journey. Here at golfjourney365, we believe that we all have the potential to get better and it is a matter of finding the right system for us. The book is less of a guide and more of a flip-through style publication, with segments and writing styles similar to that of her blog posts (that I have been a long-time reader of). It is possible to digest it all in one sitting due to simplicity and basic nature of the content. I wasn't blown away by anything in particular throughout, and although there was nothing wrong with the book per se, there wasn't anything that would stretch further than common sense and wholesome, aesthetic living. There are a sampling of recipes for poultry, fish/seafood, meat, etc. While the recipes are nice, I wish that there had been more. One thing I like in cookbooks is abundant choice! When I announced last November about the final three episodes of Simple, I had this post in mind, wondering how on earth I would begin it. I’d actually been drafting it in my head slowly since last September when I knew it was coming. But now that it’s finally time to hit publish, I hardly know where to begin.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment