276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Telescopic Ladder (4.6M-8M) Multi-Purpose Aluminium Extension Ladders with Stabilizer Bar,Portable Foldable Loft Collapsible DIY Tool for Climb Home Builders Attic Work Place (Size : 4.6m)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The stabiliser bar was solid and provided plenty of grip and stopped the ladder from shifting sideways. Weight Capacity: A ladder’s weight limit is crucial. We look for those that can handle at least the average weight of an adult, if not more, ensuring they’re suitable for most people and additional equipment. A telescopic ladder is an ingenious piece of kit, with the legs being hollow to allow it to fold down, but strong enough to hold around 100 – 150kg in weight! There really aren’t any other cons – if you fold the ladder down incorrectly, you will put yourself in danger. Follow the instructions! Made from corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy, this 4.7m (15.5ft) option weighs in at just 13.3kg, while offering a maximum load of 150kg.

I looked at hundreds of extension ladders online, and the smallest I could find was a 2metre triple extension; the next size up was a 2.5m triple. Based on my 17 years experience of working with access equipment, I don’t think telescopic ladders are suitable for: Key specs – Maximum length: 2.6m; Closed length: 81cm; Maximum load: 150kg; Weight: n/a; Material: Aluminium; Colour: Silver In December 2023, I had the chance to test WolfWise’s 3.8m telescopic ladder as I arranged to meet a surveyor and old colleague at a project we were both working on. I brought my regular extension ladder while he had the WolfWise 3.8m ladder with the stabilising bar.

Key specs – Maximum length: 3.8m (12.6ft); Closed length: 1.1m; Maximum load: 150kg; Weight: 12.5kg; Material: Aluminium; Colour: Silver A 3 – 4m ladder will generally be adequate for most household jobs. This will be suitable for cleaning windows and accessing the loft. However, if you need to reach the windows on a two-story house, or go even higher, you’ll need a 6 – 8m ladder. It can also be folded in half making a free standing A-frame ladder for general use. (Which is more practical and useful for doing general DIY.) The majority of telescopic ladders are made from aluminium . This is both lightweight and sturdy. In my opinion, the best telescopic ladders weigh under 13 kg . These are easily transported outside or upstairs, adding to the practical nature of having a collapsible ladder.

The Werner weighs a reassuringly hefty 11.75kg and is only one metre high when collapsed, yet fully extends to a total of 2.8m, thus giving a safe working height of 3.63m (nearly 12ft). It also functions as a stepladder, stairway stepladder, extension ladder and as two scaffold bases, with the telescopic sections allowing for rung-by-rung height adjustment to reach the desired height. Also, there’s the obvious struggle of carrying around the extra weight of a very long telescopic ladder. The Werner is a strong and sturdy telescopic ladder, with no concerning creaking noises when in use, and is an option you can trust to help you get the job done.

My Top Recommended Telescopic Ladders

This ladder can be adjusted in 1 ft (30 cm) increments. Therefore, whether you’re painting your upstairs windows or need a simple loft ladder, it can easily be adjusted to suit the space. Telescopic ladders have to be the most manageable ladders available today -they’re much easier to carry around and to store that traditional extension ladders. I felt that this ladder would be great for surveying purposes and low-level work, such as painting walls up to ceiling height or getting into a loft.

The Finether telescopic ladder is the perfect first ladder, it comes in a variety of maximum heights and is light in weight. The free gloves and storage case are an added bonus, the case especially, as this helps to protect the ladder when in storage, increasing the longevity of use. Much easier to store– storing a telescopic ladder is easy, but if you have a 5m long ladder that will not fold down or become any smaller, keeping that somewhere hidden will be almost impossible! Conventional ladders have to be left outside unless you have a massive garage or shed in which to store them. This can cause them to deteriorate much faster and is simply not practical. The primary reason buyers choose a telescopic ladder is for its portability and ultra-compact size when collapsed.

Call Ladders UK Direct Today

The latter is available in 5 different heights – 2m,2.6m, 2.9m, 3.2m and 3.8m – ideal for those who may not be after a ladder that extends beyond 3m for general jobs around the home and garden. As the tallest telescopic ladder featured here, the Teenza 4.9M Telescopic Ladder extends to an impressive 4.9 m. It’s the best telescopic ladder if you’ve got exterior work to do on your home, such as cleaning upstairs windows or removing leaves from gutters. Where the user needs to step off the ladder, for example, onto a roof or a scaffold platform. This is because telescopic ladders are lighter than regular ladders, so they are more likely to move when the user steps off the ladder at height.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment