276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SHADIAO Trent Alexander-Arnold Wallpaper Top Famous Football Player Room Poster Art Photo Canvas Art Poster and Wall Art Picture Print Modern Family bedroom Decor Posters 08x12inch(20x30cm)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There is definitely potential there,” he says. “It is just about putting questions into the manager’s mind – knowing that I can play in there and bring qualities to the game that other players can’t. Hopefully causing headaches [for Southgate] is what I need to be doing. I enjoyed it. For a new position and new role in a system I’ve not played in before, there were good signs, good moments and stuff I can learn from. I am sure I will. Especially in the first half I found myself in positions where I was able to impact the game and bring the quality I do.

I know the qualities that I’ve got and the things I need to work on. Whatever position I play in, that will always be there. I am someone who is a perfectionist, who wants to be as close to perfect as possible.” The England manager Gareth Southgate talks to Trent Alexander-Arnold at Carrington training ground the day after England’s 4-0 win over Malta. Photograph: Eddie Keogh/The FA/Getty Trent Alexander-Arnold impressed Gareth Southgate with his vision and precision of passing against Malta. Photograph: Matthew Mirabelli/AFP/Getty Images Definitely, I’ve always felt it,” Southgate says. “I had a chat with him four weeks ago about it and he was excited. We talked real detailed specifics. He was curious and he asks intelligent questions. We know he has played a bit deeper for Liverpool but we wanted to get him in those higher areas for the reasons that we saw. Southgate talks about how the transition into the role was easier than against Andorra because of how Alexander-Arnold has been “playing in those areas for his club”. He talks in detail about what he did well and what he needs to learn; the new reference points. But above all, he just talks about him as a midfielder. It is as if he truly sees him as such.It was only Malta. It is a constitutional requirement to say so. But it was easy to become lost in how it all went for Alexander-Arnold in the role of right-sided No 8, overtaken by the idea of him there, Declan Rice holding and Jude Bellingham to the left: the dream 4-3-3 midfield with a bit of everything, plenty of everything. The feeling only intensifies when Alexander-Arnold offers his thoughts. You’re giving him real confidence and you’re investing in him something very specific where he will have a different feel about it,” Southgate says. “I’m sure he will probably have enjoyed this England game more than any other. I’ve always said he’s a talent we’re trying to find a way with.

It is certainly an avenue [into the team], one that is clearly being explored. It’s something the manager wants to explore and I want to explore. It is one that is exciting. I want to make sure I am playing as many England games as possible. That has always been the aim.” There are two bits he’s having to learn. One is receiving in those tight areas, which he did really well – it’s very different to receiving with the touchline at your side and most of the play in front of you. And then the out-of-possession is different. He’s used to going forward to press so that bit’s fine. But the angles and the covering for second balls and those things which you still have to do – they’re the bits we just don’t know yet.” Jürgen Klopp has done everything at Liverpool to create the platform for Alexander-Arnold, also playing him up and across more this past season – fast, elite-level centre-halves, a hard-running midfield. But the fit, and this is the best way to put it, has not been there with England. MacBook Pro 13.3" Retina, MacBook Air 13" Retina, MacBook Air 13.3"(2020, M1): 2560x1600 Dual monitor:

iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, 2017 iPad, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, 9.7" iPad Pro: 2048x1536, 1536x2048

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment