276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Midnights

£15.475£30.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Swift used her platform at the 2022 VMAs to announce her time-themed 10th studio album, which she revealed as she accepted the Moon Person for video of the year. Last year, following the release of her re-recordings of Fearless and Red, she accounted for one out of every 50 albums sold in the U. Of course my original pressing sounds better but it's good enough that you might think it's an official release. The color for it is really pretty tho, it comes second as my favorite pressing behind the Target Lavender! For the record itself that I got as a replacement I have to say it's not the worst sounding out of all the variants but it could be better.

One thing missing is a rocking dance-pop track with the rousing enthusiasm of "Shake It Off" or "ME!

The floors we pace and the demons we face – the stories of 13 sleepless nights scattered throughout Taylor’s life.

As with the previous albums, there is often an intricate interplay between the lead and background vocals, which contributes to the "ear candy" quality. The first track, "Lavender Haze", illustrates this sometimes uncontrolled thought-streaming by placing the foreground lead vocals against a background of nebulous voices that flit to and fro without solid meaning. The overall production is limited and relaxed, nothing very loud or intense in an obvious way, but there are undercurrents provided by subtle synth arrangements.I don't know why, but I have to crank the volume so loud on my receiver with this and the lavender edition - the sound quality is horrible. Such disparate acts as Denzel Curry and Slipknot have recently released various physical versions of their new albums as well. There are over 20 different versions of the album available on CD, LP and cassette in various colors, with different cover artwork, censored and uncensored, with and without autographs.

Few artists, if any, attract as much attention as Swift does for her promotion and sales strategy, thanks largely to her close relationship with her fans. In "Anti-Hero" she has this cynical thought: "Did you hear my covert narcissism/I disguise as altruism like some kind of congressman. Midnights is the followup to Swift’s double-hit lockdown album releases from 2020, Evermore and Folklore, both of which topped the Billboard 200 chart.Because there are usually only 3 or 4 tracks on each side it's cut pretty loud so the music overpowers the noisy vinyl most of the time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment