276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ESSENCE POLVOS BRIGHTEN UP! BANANA POWDER

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In general, yes—essence can be thought of as a type of toner, but it really still depends on the brand. The texture of essence is thin and watery, like a toner, which is why you'll commonly find them in spray bottles as a facial mist or in a bottle with a tiny hole on top so you don't pour out too much at a time (you know, like the hot sauce bottle of skincare), but you can also find them in a pump dispenser like you would a serum. While you could use a cotton pad to apply the skin essence, all you really need is your hands (you'll waste less product that way, too). Pour a few drops in your clean hand, spread it between your palms, then press it into your skin. In most Korean skincare routines, you'll see essence listed as the thing you apply after toner and before sheet masks, but exactly what an essence is can...differ . And I wish I could give you a solid answer here, but the truth is, it depends. As Koestline explains it, every brand defines "skin essence" differently, which means some essences are kinda like lightweight serums, while others function as toners or mists. The ingredients used in skin essence can also vary greatly, but Koestline notes that they typically contain fermented extracts, hydrating actives, and enzymes. When do you use an essence? Please note that Royal Mail currently classes perfumes, nail polishes, flammable liquids and aerosols as "hazardous materials" and will only accept a limited number of these per parcel. If you have no idea what essences in skincare are, or how to use them, or if you even really need them, you're far from alone. So to help clear up some facts, we turned to cosmetic chemist Krupa Koestline, founder of KKT Consultants, who helped us answer the basic questions (hi, uh, what even is an essence?) to the...not-so-basic. Below, Koestline answers the question "What is essence?" and tons more. What is skin essence?

One problem and one problem only haunts me when summer rears its beautiful yet swelteringly hot head: oily, sweaty, and messy-looking foundation. Just ten minutes outside and my pores are visible from outer space—if the James Webb telescope was pointed at Earth, you’d definitely be able to see my face somewhere in our planet’s past. Because the definition of a skin essence is a little all over the place, so is its ~intended use~. Depending on the ingredients in your specific product, a skin essence can be used to increase cell turnover, brighten, balance, prep, or hydrate the skin. Just like there are specific serums and toners for specific skin concerns, there are specific essences, too. Is facial essence necessary? The only thing that saves my makeup from looking “bleh” in warmer, more humid months is mattifying setting powder and when I tell you it looked like my pores got deleted when I applied this product to my face, I have never been more serious in my entire life. Personally, an hour outside is enough for my makeup to start to look a little on the greasy side so when trying this product, I first grab a fluffy makeup brush or sponge and lightly dab into the pressed powder and then tap it into the skin for an oil-free, unblemished face. My cheeks and under-eye area tend to gather oil first, so I like to add a little extra product there as a precautionary measure. To my surprise, the powder did not budge through dinner, dancing, and even a late nightcap. We're proud to announce that our mailing bags are made from recycled polythene and are also recyclable, and our bubble wrap is made from recycled plastic and is completely recyclable.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment