276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Makita 196741-5 Saw Chain Set Duc353, Multicolour

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In terms of battery life, I used two 5aH batteries with this chainsaw and it gave me a continuous run time of about half an hour when used at its maximum speed. This may not seem like much when compared to a petrol chainsaw, but it’s not bad for a cordless. The fact that both batteries can be charged at the same time (if you have a double charger), and take less than an hour to reach full charge is a bonus. The first thing I noticed when I sat down to assemble this chainsaw was that there weren’t any tools included in the box. Turns out, this is because you don’t actually need any to put this chainsaw together.

Makita Chainsaw Chains - Fastfix

The Makita DUC353 is a traditional rear handle chainsaw with a 35cm bar and is powered by 2 x 18v batteries linked in series to run a powerful 36v Brushless DC motor which is around 30% more efficient than its brushed counterparts and provides longer run time and is virtually maintenance free.Makita has also designed this chainsaw to automatically turn off if you happen to set it down. In my opinion, this is such an important feature – not only does it help you conserve battery power, but it will also prevent accidents. Outer Rotor BL Brushless motor direct-drive system delivers 0-20 m/s (0-1,200 m/min) (0-3,940 FPM) chain speed for fast cutting, equivalent to 30 mL class engine chain saw

Makita 196741-5 Saw Chain Set Duc353, Multicolour

You don’t need to use any force at all when using this chainsaw. Just hold it steady and it does all of the hard work for you – it really couldn’t have performed any better than it did. The results it produced were easily comparable to that of a petrol chainsaw. Cordless for reduced maintenance; no need to change engine oil or spark plug, clean air filter or drain fuel for storage Main power switch with auto power-off function for battery saving and avoiding unintentional start up It’s worth mentioning that this chainsaw will only run when you have two batteries inserted. If you try it with just one, or if you haven’t inserted one of the batteries in correctly, the machine won’t turn on.As mentioned, this chainsaw holds two batteries 18V batteries, which is why it has a 36V motor. Speaking of the motor, this is brushless , which didn’t mean much to me at first. However, a little research taught me that a brushless motor is meant to be significantly more efficient, meaning a longer runtime for the battery. The final step was filling the chainsaw with oil. There’s a large window in the oil port that clearly shows how much oil is in the machine, so, again, this was a simple task, especially since the chainsaw came with a small bottle of oil. This unit is compatible with all Makita 18v Li-Ion batteries including mixed Ah combinations but please note the chainsaw will only operate while both batteries have charge. Approximate cuts (50mm cedar timber) under normal duty

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment