276°
Posted 20 hours ago

EPOS H6Pro - Open Acoustic Gaming Headset with Mic - Lightweight Headband - Comfortable and Durable Design - Xbox Headset - PS4 Headset - PS5 Headset - PC/Windows Headset - Gaming Accessories (White)

£74.5£149.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you are connecting the headset to your PC using the Mic and Headphone inputs, your PC may recognize the headset as a pair of speakers, meaning that it is not recognized as its own device. This isn’t necessarily an issue, but if you have desktop speakers connected to your PC via an AUX cable, you cannot switch between the two without unplugging one. In 2020, Sennheiser and Demant ended the joint venture and the business segments evolved in new set-ups: EPOS and Sennheiser. All company assets such as technical know-how, engineering expertise, and employees were transferred to the Demant Group and the EPOS brand was launched. With more than 115 years of audio expertise, EPOS designs and manufactures pioneering high-end audio for serious gamers.

The EPOS GTW 70 Hybrid wireless gaming earbuds focus on offering a high-end audio experience for Switch and mobile gaming.When it comes to hearing and being heard, the H6Pro shines. I especially liked the open acoustic design as it kept me engaged with my surroundings without taking me out of the action. Unfortunately, my gaming sessions with this headset were always short lived due to its tight fit. The 2-axis hinge is supposed to help the H6Pro conform to your head. The mechanism doesn’t seem to actually give very much though, resulting in a ton of pressure; I had to remove my glasses at one point because of the pain from the cups being pressed against my skull. This might not be an issue for everyone, but for me at least, despite having memory foam covered cups and a somewhat flexible frame, the H6Pro was very uncomfortable to wear. Epos H6Pro – Purchasing Guide From there, utter simplicity takes hold. There are exactly zero buttons on the H6PRO and instead any connection with the online world is delivered from an elongated boom mic that swings up and down whenever it is required, muting and placed neatly out of the way over the left cup. There’s only a teeny bit of flex in this mic too, but the length that EPOS have put in ensures that it’s pretty much always in a prime position for party and game chat. First off there is a key bit of housekeeping to make you aware of: Sennheiser headsets will now be sold under the EPOS brand name. After a de-merger in 2020, the products were sold under the 'EPOS | Sennheiser' mantle, but now, if you're looking for a Sennheiser gaming headset, you'll actually be purchasing an EPOS gaming headset in the end. Do not let this put you off in any way, however: the Sennheiser quality and reputation remain, and is enhanced through EPOS's input. As a result, some of these models are still - and will become - some of the best gaming headsets. The headset is compatible with the EPOS gaming suite software , but the headset has to be recognized as its own device to be able to use this. From EPOS, the gaming suite is a set of “intuitive tools giving you the ability to take control of your audio experience and tailor game sound and communication to your exact preferences.” This lets you customize your audio both for in-game and in general, and EPOS even has presets designed for various game genres.

I like the look and feel of the Epos H6Pro headset a lot. Despite its mostly plastic shell, it feels like a solid, quality headset, and it stayed snug on my medium-sized head for hours at a time while remaining comfortable. The H6Pro sounds great too, if you are OK with a bit of extra low-end thump. Just know that the max volume might not be enough if you like things really loud. And if you want to adjust the EQ at all, you'll need to bring your own software. To be fair, this isn’t a huge problem as most wired mics don’t have these chat mixer features. And considering that most people tend to hang out in party chat, regardless of their preferred console, I doubt anyone will really notice. That said, Microsoft gets the edge when it comes to fine tuning chat when playing with random gamers online.Long, drawn-out gaming sessions aren’t a hassle at all with these thanks to their generously padded, well-spaced ear cups and they present an overall build that’s solid and definitely built to last.

The microphone is easy to remove and additional covers are included so you can pop a plate on and just use the headset as headphones if you’d like. If you own a pair of wireless headphones, you probably won't have much use for this feature, but it’s great for people that don’t have a secondary pair of headphones to listen to music on the go. Comfort Convenient and intuitive volume control via a large "finger-friendly" volume wheel on the right ear cup And in an interesting twist, if you don't want to use the mic for an extended period, just pull the mic outward as you lift it up and it comes right off;it's held in by magnets and connects via a couple pins. You can cover the hole where the mic normally lives with a plastic cap. I'd probably lose the cap in a matter of weeks, but at least Epos includes two in the box.

In This Article

Our in-house gamers put the H6PRO to the test and came out with a few helpful notes and tips that will ensure your set up is a breeze and you're getting the best experience possible out of your new H6PRO. For testing purposes, we used a PC. Setup:

The earcups are nearly bare; besides the boom mic and a large circular volume dial, there aren’t any external buttons or switches. This helps in providing seamless lines, where the aesthetics bleed into one another for an overall uniformed appearance. There are some bits that stand out though. For instance, the left cup features a magnetized surface that secures either the detachable mic or a metal plated cover. Below that is where the headset’s cables connect – either a PC cable (that splits into the green/pink headset/mic plugs) or a 3.5mm cable for console and mobile device use. The right cup sports the volume dial that, without its slightly raised notches, would otherwise go unnoticed. La mousse des oreilles est confortable mais sans être du même niveau que sur le Game Zero qui lui était incroyable. Le confort général est cependant très bon. Les oreilles sont bien englobées, les miennes sont assez grandes, et ne touchent pas le fond. Vous n'aurez pas de souci de confort sauf si vous portez des lunettes avec de trop grandes branches.Having an audio profile of such clarity means the H6Pro is a fantastic headset for gaming, too. Wearing a top-notch headset is a great way to improve your online multiplayer experience, as they can help you become more aware of your surroundings by highlighting distant footsteps, vehicles and gunshots. I found this to be the case in PUBG: Battlegrounds. Over in Gran Turismo 7 , the H6Pro helped me listen out for rival motorists trying to cut me off at the apex, and I was able to defend my position much more effectively as a result. WORTH. IT. All headsets and headphones are overpriced pieces of plastic so like cars you will always over pay. But these just Let's get on to the all-important audio factor then, and both models of the H6PRO come with brand new 42mm drivers. La spatialisation est très bonne, on distingue très bien le positionnement et l'espace ressenti est très large, on ne se sent pas dans une bulle.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment