276°
Posted 20 hours ago

XOXO

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

i didnt mean to write so much above, but truly this book is a sweet romance and very much a feel good, happy book, but the author did a lot that i really appreciated and loved even more than that sweet romance. Simply put, this book made me happy. I guess you could say . . . I'm just a big fan.' - Emery Lord, author of The Map from Here to There Finally, the high point of this story for me was the SWEET relationship between Jaewoo and Jenny. Jaewoo is such a responsible teen and it’s obvious how much he cares for his teammates and for Jenny. Their scenes together had me grinning big! Overall: XOXO When a relationship means not only jeopardizing her place at her dream music school but also endangering everything Jaewoo's worked for, Jenny has to decide once and for all just how much she's willing to risk for love. XOXO is a new romance that proves chasing your dreams doesn't have to mean sacrificing your heart, from acclaimed author Axie Oh. trope عشق ممنوع آشنا شدم و نمیتونم وصف کنم که چقدر جذاب بود برام و این همه مدت چی رو از دست داده بودم.

A handwritten letter to falling in love and opening yourself up to the world. A delicious treat!” — Aminah Mae Safi, author of Tell Me How You Really FeelI loved that the author gave equal importance to all aspects of Jenny‘s life. Forming new friendships, her relationship with Jaewoo, her friendship with jaewoo’s band, her relation with her mom and grandmother

Jenny’s never had much time for boys, K-pop, or really anything besides her dream of being a professional cellist. But when she finds herself falling for a K-pop idol , she has to decide whether their love is worth the risk. A modern forbidden romance wrapped in the glamorous and exclusive world of K-pop, XOXO is perfect for fans of Jenny Han and Maurene Goo. Finally I finished reading sorry I didn't update* This started out PRETTY good, but then ended up being lamer than I expected which was really sad. If you want a solid K-pop book, read Bias! You’re my boyfriend. Don’t think for a second I haven’t seen all your videos, even the fan-made ones that point out all the evidence that you and Nathaniel are a couple.”Jenny and Jaewoo are adorable! The romance between these two talented musicians began in Los Angeles at Jenny's Uncle's Karaoke bar. Their first encounter is fun and carefree and Jenny is completely unaware that Jaewoo is part of a famous K-Pop group. Away from pressure and fame, Jaewoo indeed enjoyed that night but he needs to return to Korea. Relationships: 6/10 So here's the thing- the actual interaction with characters was AMAZING. They each seemed to have their own lives and personalities and it was one of the best yet. There were complications between who seemed to be flirting with who, who is angry with who... But then she DOESN'T TIE IN ANY OF THE LOOSE ends! We never find out why Sori seemed to rush over to Jaewoo everytime he came in the room, except for the fact that it was helpful to the writer to put tension in between her and Jenny. But LEGIT: GIVE ME A REASON. When she arrives at the school, she unexpectedly runs into Jaewoo who turns out to be the most popular idol in Korea’s most popular boy band, XOXO. You can think of the plotline as True Beauty meets Dream High plus any cheesy and fun pop-star Wattpad story. I have to go make apologies on behalf of the group. Of course that’s my job as the leader, to protect our members. I’ll always protect them, even from themselves.”

Let me tell you. I’m so happy this is YA; because if it was NA/A this would’ve gone in a completely different path. READY FOR A RANT? As for the romance: Okay obviously this lady is VERY AMERICAN Korean- apparently all the idols once a year go to this retreat thing where they are barely supervised. (Haha, this is already so horribly inaccurate *please shoot me*) Her 100% Korean friend keeps dropping comments and indicating that Jenny should *do it* with Jaewoo. Uhm... okay? First of all, "hookups" like this are super uncommon- one of the biggest values we place in society is the first "I love you" not jumping straight to this. I found it distasteful and sort of trashy that they would have a low-key relationship and then just be talking like this. It is not common to live with your partner before marriage, and neither is it encouraged to lose your virginity. The average age that unmarried women in Korea lose their virginity is 21.3, whereas in America it's a solid 17.0 if that doesn't tell you anything. I found this extremely culturally inaccurate, and SURE you'll find exceptions everywhere, but that's called a "prostitute" honey. :)) My initial reaction was still "⭐❤️ANOTHER K-POP BOOK YESSSSSSSSS. ❤️⭐" and I am still grateful it exists. However, it does get 3 stars because there was SOO much better books out there that had more realistic reasons and well-thought-out plotlines. Try some down below: Narrator Greta Jung creates a world of voices that easily draws readers in and makes them feel each character’s uniqueness. A must-buy on audio to recommend to K-pop fans and also to readers who enjoy a bit of drama in their love stories." — School Library Journal (starred review)Don’t get me wrong, they were super cute, but their relationship didn’t really sweep me off my feet and I didn’t get all those gushy sweet romantic feels I usually get when I ship a couple. *lol* You know all those “Awww” or “AKDFASDFLJASLDFAJSDFKS!” moments. XD Speaking of relationships: I really appreciated Jenny’s and Sori’s friendship as well but I didn’t really understand where Sori was coming from when it came to Nathaniel. I mean that boy was crazy for her and definitely wanted to date her and be her bf but she didn’t give in because she was an idol herself?! It was so obvious that Sori had feelings for Nathaniel too and I just couldn’t understand how those two couldn’t date. I mean I got where Sori was coming from but if Jenny and Jaewoo managed to date, they could have easily done the same thing. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. I really didn’t get it. Still don’t. Simply put, this book made me happy. I guess you could say . . . I’m just a big fan.”— Emery Lord, author of The Map from Here to There

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment