276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dishoom: The first ever cookbook from the much-loved Indian restaurant

£13£26.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Not only does it include simple and detailed step-by-step instructions, with helpful tips and suggestions, making it accessible for everyone, but it also will transport you to Dishoom's most treasured corners of an eccentric and charming Bombay. Dishoom (the book, not our favorite restaurant in all of the UK) is so much more than a “Cookery Book and Highly Subjective Guide to Bombay With Map. It was stunning but we ended up eating at 2pm, such was the process time required (and pre planning).

Recipes, recommended reading, and relish for food, this is the best Eid gift ever (you’re welcome, TP). Although the recipes are relatively easy to do, some require a lot of ingredients, and in some cases, some of the ingredients can be difficult to find. Hopefully as I progress through the rest of the recipes in this wonderful volume, I’ll be able to channel that charming Dishoom energy up in my kitchen if I can learn how to make their daal makhani or mattar paneer! Through the course of this eccentric and charming book you will be taken on a day-long tour of south Bombay, peppered with much eating and drinking. I heard the sounds and saw the sights; I even tasted the food and drinks and had the conversations with the characters they introduced me too.I'm a fierce critic of any British person who wants to deny the damage and many wrongs done during the imperial era, or wants to justify the actions of the British. A gorgeous book that delves into the history and flavours of Mumbai's Irani cafes, so evocative that I can smell the keema pau even before I’ve started cooking. The dishes are soulful and the headnotes and supporting pages give you a glimpse into real Bombay cafes, street food stalls, and fine hotel dining. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. There are few cookbooks that immerse you in their subject so thoroughly and so lovingly as Dishoom ‘From Bombay with Love’.

As a side note, the recipes I have bookmarked to make look really practical and easy to follow, and follow my intuition of what should be done in each of the dishes. It is the first time I read a cookbook cover to cover instead of just looking at the pictures and placing it on the shelf. This beautiful cookery book and its equally beautiful photography will transport you to Dishoom's most treasured corners of an eccentric and charming Bombay. Like its carefully observed, pitch perfect restaurants, Dishoom's cookbook is a feast for all the senses, and brings the restaurant's delicious dishes into the home kitchen. Exquisite - not just the recipes, which so far have all been delicious (although require a fair amount of forward planning), but also the vignettes that take you on a tour of Bombay.In fact, they love literature so much they include a reading list at the back of the book which includes Rushdie's 'Midnight's Children' and Seth's 'A Suitable Boy', but not, noticeably, Robert's 'Shantaram' - a book I'm wading through at the moment and agree wholeheartedly with the authors' damning appraisal. I cannot wait for dinner parties to be allowed again, as I will definitely be trying out some of these recipes. Subtitled 'From Bombay with Love' and with a note on the cover disclaiming the book as a 'highly subjective guide to Bombay', the pages are crammed with essays revealing the love the Dishoom creators have for this yesteryear part of India.

I was initially a little nervous about the menu - I don't have quite the sophisticated palette as my husband - but I needn't have worried. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item.I borrowed this ebook from my library, but I will be purchasing a copy asap so I can make so many of these recipes in the future.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment