276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Careless Love

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Musician Madeleine Peyroux (Vocal) @ All About Jazz". Allaboutjazz.com. Archived from the original on June 19, 2012 . Retrieved December 22, 2012. Australiancharts.com – Madeleine Peyroux – Careless Love". Hung Medien. Retrieved October 17, 2020. FILE: 09 - Madeleine Peyroux - Lonesome Road (Live At Festival de Jazz de Vitoria-Gasteiz _ 2005).flac

Craig Street, [10] and recorded with Christopher Bruce, Charley Drayton, Meshell Ndegeocello, Marc Ribot, [11] Jenny Scheinman, and Allen Toussaint. [10] Later career [ edit ] FILE: 03 - Madeleine Peyroux - Don’t Wait Too Long (Live At Festival de Jazz de Vitoria-Gasteiz _ 2005).flac Peyroux herself is in top, mature form on Careless Love,” writes Kahn, “an apotheosis of that hushed, one-to-one affect she inherited from the likes of Billie Holiday, a stylistic bequest. By 2004, her way of conveying confessional expression was truly her own. She had developed an updated rhythmic pliability and an emotional depth that could explore the complexities lying beneath the surface of the songs.” Gold and platinum garlands

DR11 -0.51 дБ -13.56 дБ 4:47 01-Dance Me To The End Of Love (Live At Festival de Jazz de Vitoria-Gasteiz / 2005) While Peyroux was introduced as a jazz artist, her influences spanned far beyond one genre — and the compositions selected for Careless Love showcased this versatility. From inspired interpretations of songs by Elliot Smith (‘Between the Bars’), Leonard Cohen (‘Dance Me to the End of Love’), and Hank Williams (‘Weary Blues’), to more traditional fare made famous by Bessie Smith (‘Don’t Cry Baby’), Billie Holiday (‘No More,’‘I’ll Look Around’), and Josephine Baker (‘J’ ai Deux Amours’), Careless Love offered something for every music fan. Haller, Val (March 20, 2013). "If You Like Billie Holiday, Try Madeleine Peyroux". The New York Times . Retrieved May 15, 2016. I can’t tell you how grateful I am that we found this recording. For me, it represents the way I understood these songs at that time, how I was making music when I made Careless Love. It’s been more than fifteen years since that record came out, and I don’t think I’ve done a single concert that didn’t include at least two or three songs from it, and sometimes more. I think I’ve sung ‘Dance Me to the End of Love’ at every show. It’s part of me now.” a b "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Madeleine Peyroux; 'Careless Love ')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie . Retrieved November 20, 2020.

Released eight years after her debut, Careless Love marked a new chapter for the then-30-year-old Peyroux. Born in Athens, GA to bohemian parents, Peyroux spent her teenage years in Paris, where she found herself entranced by the city’s busking musicians. By 15, the precocious singer was performing alongside them in the city’s Latin Quarter and soon dropped out of high school to tour Europe full-time. When she returned to the States in her 20s, Peyroux settled in New York, where she was discovered — and promptly signed — by Atlantic Records’ Yves Beauvais, who co-produced her 1996 debut, Dreamland. Piccalo, Gina (November 5, 2015). "Pakistan's Sachal Jazz Ensemble rises above the risks in 'Song of Lahore' ". Los Angeles Times . Retrieved September 2, 2018.Peyroux, born in Athens, GA, spent her teenage years in Paris, where she was heavily influenced by the local music scene and dropped out of high school to tour in Europe. She first appeared on album in 1996 with the Atlantic Records release Dreamland, winning widespread critical praise and comparisons with the great Billie Holiday. 2004’s Careless Love was a significant new departure for an artist who, in the meantime, had withdrawn from view. Madeleine Peyroux (born April 18, 1974) is an American jazz singer and songwriter who began her career as a teenager on the streets of Paris. She sang vintage jazz and blues songs before finding mainstream success in 2004 when her album Careless Love sold half a million copies. DR11 -0.52 дБ -14.41 дБ 4:39 04-You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Live At Festival de Jazz de Vitoria-Gasteiz / 2005)

ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2005 Albums" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association . Retrieved September 6, 2022.

DR11 -0.32 дБ -14.37 дБ 5:05 07-Walking After Midnight (Live At Festival de Jazz de Vitoria-Gasteiz / 2005) With the release of her long awaited follow-up album, Careless Love, Peyroux's potential as an artist is truly realized. Her smoky voice and knowing delivery make each song her own, whether she's singing vintage tunes by W.C. Handy and Hank Williams, or contemporary songs by Leonard Cohen and Elliott Smith. Producer Larry Klein (Joni Mitchell, Shawn Colvin) weaves strands of acoustic blues, country ballads, classic jazz, torch songs and pop into a vibrant fabric that is both timeless and thoroughly up to date, with Peyroux's arresting vocals always front and center. Appearing on the album In 2013 a New York Times music writer compared her vocal style to that of Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, and Edith Piaf. [16] Her song "A Prayer" appeared in the television show Deadwood (2005), and her version of "J'ai deux amours" was included in the film Diplomacy (2014). [17] Discography [ edit ] Solo [ edit ] Albums and details

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment