276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Mad Fat Diary

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are two main problems for Rae during the series: the obstacles she faces because of her weight, and the obstacles she faces in her discovery of sex, love and friendship. In Episode 2, Rae has her first sexual experience when she kisses Archie. However, he later turns out to be gay and nothing romantic happens between them for the remainder of the series.

Rae Earl - Wikipedia Rae Earl - Wikipedia

It's 1989 and Rae Earl is a fat, boy-mad 17-year-old girl, living in Stamford, Lincolnshire with her mum and their deaf white cat in a council house with a mint green bathroom and a refrigerator Rae can't keep away from. To my surprise, a lot of situations, anecdotes, characters and even dialogue were, if not exactly the same, then obviously based on Earl's real experiences. Drama - Mind Media Awards 2016 Winner". Mind. Archived from the original on 28 September 2017 . Retrieved 5 October 2019. Throughout the three series of the show, the scripts consistently sizzle with witty dialogue. This consistency is probably down to the fact that the total sixteen episodes of Mad Fat Diary were written by a small pool of only four writers. The recall process went on for months. Each time, she chose to audition with a comic scene. “Then something happened before my final audition and I thought, ‘Right, you can either go in there and show them what you can do or you can let [the part] go because you don’t want to show them you can be vulnerable.” Hesitation flits across Rooney’s expressive face, a reluctance, perhaps, to use tragedy for her own ends. “One of my friends passed away, literally, before I went in. She wasn’t very well and she just left before we thought she would.” Did Rooney consider not going in? “Of course. I wanted my mum. I wanted to go home and cry into a pillow. But when I had finished crying into a pillow, my friend still wouldn’t be there.”Rae begins the series with her release from a psychiatric ward. She is immediately presented as a psychologically damaged, emotional 16-year-old with normal aspirations and desires. Her weight is automatically highlighted from the start of the series. Throughout Series 1, Rae struggles with her weight. It becomes clear that she has suffered from a range of psychological problems that result in her binging unhealthily; she sees a counselor, Kester, throughout the series, who gradually helps Rae open up about her past and her problems. With his help, she is able to integrate herself into Chloe's group of friends, but not without struggle. Her main friends (and sometimes enemies) throughout the series include Archie, Chop, Finn, Izzy, and Chloe. Rae herself isn’t immune to this treatment at all, making her all the more engaging as a protagonist. In series two especially, you’ll be hiding behind a cushion unable to watch as often as you are cheering for joy. Again, realism plays a part here. Maintaining a friendship for years isn’t easy, especially when honesty is a difficult policy to maintain. Channel 4: My Mad Fat Diary - Explore Rae's Bedroom". Channel 4. Channel 4 . Retrieved 6 February 2014. The series was nominated for multiple BAFTA awards, with Sharon Rooney winning in 2015 for Best Drama Actress.

My Mad Fat Diary - Wikipedia My Mad Fat Diary - Wikipedia

As an outsider looking in, My Mad Fat Diary never appeared to be selling what I wanted to buy. Bowing to the logic that anyone who zanily declares ‘I’m mad, me!’ in real life deserves to be given a wide berth, its big, fat gypsy-wedding-alike title didn’t appeal. Rachel "Rae" Earl is a music-mad, boy-crazy, overweight, sixteen-year-old girl. After spending four months in a mental hospital due to a suicide attempt, she comes home and reconnects with her old best friend, Chloe, and Chloe's new group of friends.In saying that, it was a particularly interesting read. Especially from the POV of someone so constantly bullied & harassed that she expected it, and made comments like "only one person had a go tonight". It's truly heartbreaking. Yes, Teen Rae. Why are you fat? But you know, that question is irrelevant. That's like asking someone why the sky is blue. Answerless.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment