276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ramadan Reflections: A 30-Day Guided Journal for Mindful and Intentional Ramadan Experience

£2.49£4.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The introduction alone stirs the heart and soothes it. The words are comforting which is just as they should be when you settle down to read a good book. And Ramadan Reflections was definitely a good book! This is a simple Ramadan journal that anyone can use, whether kids or adults. You can adapt our printable Ramadan Journal for the whole family. My Ramadan Journal

A very comforting part of Ramadan Reflections came quite early on regarding LOVE, particularly the love for oneself. Not the egotistical, self-obsessed, proud version so commonly plastered all over social media nowadays. But the private kind, a connection between oneself and the Lord, one that promotes knowing one’s value and self-worth, all written in the most humbling words. I challenge you to not feel moved! The introduction alone, had me bracing myself. The quote Aliyah used to end the introduction, allured me to surrender my heart & mind- to accept her invitation, and embark on a soul searching journey. This book is an invaluable tool for finding a deeper spiritual connection to the holy month of Ramadan. It is split into 30 chapters, conveniently representing the 30 days of Ramadan, and it is suggested to read a paragraph a day and truly reflect on what is being said. Every chapter connected with me at a different level and allowed to me contemplate and gain a better understanding of myself and my journey. I didn’t go into this book expecting a literary masterpiece 🤭— and I didn’t get that— but I was surprised how tender, insightful, and intentional the writing is. I’ve listened to the author speak on her podcast, HonestTeaTalk, and her writing reflected the kind way she speaks. For each chapter (day) she gives us a story with beneficial knowledge via lessons, Qur'an, Sunnah, Islamic concepts, reminders, proverbs and quotes. These have been beautifully woven together in such a delicate and instructional way that blends fear and hope for ourselves as a means of connecting with our Creator.

I’ll be honest, I was skeptical when I read the word “healing” because it seems to be overused so much these days and it’s not really my thing, but I actually took many positive lessons from that section such as accepting anything that’s happened in the past and being able to just move on. The next section was a reminder to be present with others and with Allah in mind. And the third section reminds the reader to live this life with the ultimate goal of Jannah in mind. I like that it’s divided into 3 parts (an ode to the 3 parts of Ramadan 🥹). The first part focuses reflecting on the past; the second encourages reader to live in the present; and the last part gives practical tips on aiming towards an akhirah-focused future. Putting the chapters into these parts made it SO EASY to read. In my latest for @The_NewArab I examine @MuslimCensus and @tacollective_ ‘s recent report findings on Muslim women’s faith experiences in Britain Ramadan Reflections is pretty much a roadmap for our lives; the reason, the seasons, the battles, and Our Merciful Lord, Whom she proudly shows off by some of His Magnificent Names and Attributes and Whom I proudly love more. This book is a keeper. You can keep returning to it over and over, as you grow and develop and find new meanings to each chapter/topic previously read. Behaviour is the way our faith shows in action. So we want to raise our kids and ourselves to be a kind individual who benefits the society around us.

Ramadan Reflections is filled with practical exercises, journaling prompts, and Du'aa invitations, all designed to enable deeper reflections on the learnings and further your ability to manifest this into actions. Each chapter concludes with extra writing space for contemplation both on the theme that day as well as their overall spiritual transformation.

Ramadan Reflections is a must-have intimate guided journal to deepen your individual connection to Allah for the year ahead. With inspiring reflections, practical exercises, powerful quotes and drawing from the spiritual wisdom of the Holy Qur’an and Sunnah, it offers an invitation to… The journal, spilt into thirty chapters, allows the reader to explore various spiritual themes and subjects. And, although the premise of the journal is to spiritually cleanse yourself in Ramadan, Aliyah notes that the book can be used throughout the year. Each chapter speaks to you and makes you reflect upon your own situation. You are then invited to think differently; take yourself from where you are now to where you’d like to be. The second chapter does this effortlessly. When you read this book it invites you to lovingly change for the better for your life in this world and the next. In fact, it was her 18-year-old daughter who suggested Aliyah turn the book into a journal format, giving it a more human element.

It is really easy to read, I found it hard to restrict myself to one chapter a day but I wanted this book to follow me through Ramadan. It felt so personal, as if Aliyah was speaking to me.

TRENDING NOW

As a guided journal, the book takes the reader through a personal and intimate journey from the past, present and future. There are some deep spiritual reflections in there, allowing readers to heal and become more present.” As a guided journal, the book takes the reader through a personal and intimate journey from the past, present and future. There are some deep spiritual reflections in there, allowing readers to heal and become more present"

You can color code these days, organise your Qur’an reading by section, make a separate plan for the first ten days, last ten days and so on – whatever you need. So, this is the first book I have been able to complete in a very long time. It broke boundaries of my short attention span due to the way it has been written – passionately yet succinctly. From the heart, to the point, yet leaving you wanting more. I feel absolutely honoured to have been an early-reader for Aliyah Umm Raiyaan’s Ramadan Reflections and this review comes very honestly, not just a recommendation.

A journey within a journey. A space for transformation. This journal is a path with and for The Most Merciful. Having had the experience of the second read through, I feel confident in saying that this will easily become the kind of book people will choose to dip in and out of many times and read over again, as there will always be some lesson or comfort to take from it. With a chapter set aside for each day of Ramadan and divided into parts, representing how The Holy Month is divided – it makes it so easy to digest but fulfilling every crevice of your soul at the same time. There is space for journaling – and even for someone like me who finds this difficult, Aliyah’s pointers are very easy to follow and make you interact with your own emotions. She takes you on a journey of story-telling, reflection and making Duah as you go along. But there is no compulsion in any of it and you will find that through taking it in your own pace you will achieve more, than you set out to, with this treasure of a book. Aliyah has an exceptional, authentic style of expression. This book is a manifestation of her incredible talent; her candidness, her vulnerability is ever so endearing. Despite being an avid reader, I haven't managed to complete a book in ages. However, I found myself captivated & so immersed from the onset.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment