276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SmoothSkin Bare Plus IPL Hair Removal for Body and Face - Black/Rose Gold

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The SmoothSkin Bare can be used harmlessly on most body areas, like legs, arms, underarms and bikini line. It can also remove unwanted facial hair from upper lips, jawline and sideburns in seconds. You may not see any change after the first few sessions. Then your hair grows slower, softer, finer and lighter too. For most this is noticeable between 4 and 6 weeks.

There are no dials or buttons to select an intensity level. That’s because it has just one medium power intensity level of 4 J/cm 2. There’s not even a power button. Just plug it in and it powers on. Position it on your skin and press the large flash button with the rose-gold ribbon running through the middle. It’s that simple. One large flash button. That’s it.It’s no-frills, so don’t expect a fancy ergonomic shape or extra treatment attachments. Nonetheless, the basic curvy shape is comfortable to hold. It’s light (just 185g) and intuitive, just like an electric shaver or epilator. Super-comfortable grip with either your thumb or fingers on the flash button. Home laser and IPL devices demand effort and commitment. There’s a start-up routine to get you to smooth, and then top-up sessions maintain your results. Your overall effort depends on the number of start-up sessions and how fast each session is.Therefore, I’ve calculated this effort based on my controlled tests, so you can compare and decide if the Bare+ is right for you.

When I did need to treat my bikini area (and I mean the WHOLE area) I struggled big-time. As I have olive skin the area around those bits was a little too dark and the sensor wasn’t happy to release the flash. The ‘feather light’ setting is practically pointless, I couldn’t feel a thing from the flash and knew it would not work. Don’t get me wrong. Both of these machines are superior when it comes to the world of DIY IPL. However, for me, the Philips Lumea Prestige is a cut above the Smoothskin or any other machine for that matter – especially for those with darker skin. Found this review helpful? Please shop via my links to support WeAreBodyBeautiful.com. I earn a small commission but your price stays the same. I really appreciate your support 🙏! So, you get unlimited full body treatments or small area treatments. The flashes keep coming as long as the device doesn’t break. So, you don’t need to worry about running out.

The appliance is very easy to use. The difficult part is trying not to overlap the treatment area. I had to let the appliance cool down between legs. Let’s consider the guidance given with other IPL devices. Most have 5 intensity levels ranging up to around 6 J/cm 2. Using the highest level that’s safe for your skin tone gives the best results. The device treats an area of skin that's about an inch by two centimeters big at a time, so it required multiple passes to finish my armpit. I wouldn't describe the feeling it leaves as painful, although obviously, pain is subjective — it just feels warm. Afterward, my skin looked a little bit pink, but it was barely noticeable, and there was no lingering pain. Cover-up and avoid tanning and sun exposure after your session. If you don’t there’s a higher risk you’ll experience the rare home IPL side effects. Effort & results Note: The higher settings will slow down the flash – meaning that treating a large area will take a bit longer than usual.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment