276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ten Things I Hate about You: A Novelisation

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jerkass: Joey makes a bet with his friends that he can get his way with Bianca whether she wants it or not, even trying to do so after she has realized Cameron is better than him, and we later learn that he dumped Kat after she told him that after they slept together, she wasn't ready to do it again. The book was written after the film, and unfortunately this is on you can tell...The chapters are all very very small so even though you are getting perspectives of each character it is not really enough to get a full feel for the characters, if you haven't seen the film. If you have seen it then you already have the knowledge of the characters and what's going to happen, so I think its nice as a good reference material or for a big fan, but this wouldn't be something I could recommend to someone who hasn't seen it as it doesn't do the film justice. Best High School Movies". EW.com. September 22, 2012. Archived from the original on March 7, 2014 . Retrieved March 7, 2014. Kaplan, Ilana (March 27, 2019). " '10 Things I Hate About You': When Heath Ledger Was Just Breaking Through". The New York Times. ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2000 Albums" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association . Retrieved December 27, 2021.

Larry Miller as Walter Stratford, an obstetrician and single parent who is overprotective of his daughters So when I knew that a book adaptation of the movie was written by David Levithan, I was so excited! So I asked a friend to get me a copy then... Accidental Misnaming: In the scene after the doctored flyers for Bogey's party are distributed, Joey calls him Bogey Lowenbrau while talking to Bianca. When I was 13 years old 10 Things I Hate About You was my favorite movie. I think I saw it in the theater at least 3x. I loved it! This movie was the first time I ever saw Heath Ledger and it was love at first sight. I was also still nursing my crush on Andrew Keegan(what ever happened to him) and I thought Julia Stiles was the coolest. I'm tempted to rewatch the movie but I fear I won't enjoy it as much as an adult. Susan May Pratt as Mandella, Kat's only close friend and an aficionado of William Shakespeare who falls for MichaelFirst of all...I absolutely love this film...like to the point I can repeat 3/4 of the film while its on, and it never fails to make me cry! Hell, Yes!" Moment: Kat squees when she receives mail from Sarah Lawrence and sees that she got accepted. The Billboard 200". United States. September 9, 1999. Archived from the original on July 30, 2021 . Retrieved February 18, 2018.

Why're you doing this?" I slur. "I told you. You might have a concussion." "You don't care if I never wake up." "Sure I do." "Why?" I have to ask. "Because then l'd have to start taking out girls who actually like me."She really believes this. And the reason she does is because she can't conceive that there's any other way to live her life." Internet Movie Script Database". Imsdb.com. November 12, 1997. Archived from the original on September 13, 2017 . Retrieved August 23, 2012. Does Not Like Men: Kat, in keeping with the original, won't deign to date the "unwashed miscreants" at the school. It's eventually subverted, however. Can I just say that I was totally disappointed by the way it was written? No, seriously, it was really badly written (well, for me, okay). And I can't even think that Levithan wrote it. I mean, I love WGWG and NNIP. It was written through different point of views. It was just like a run-down of the script with more monologue per character. So when I read this, goodness, I felt like I was reading a copy that should probably undergo a lot of editing. So here are two sentences I find to be an insult to the english grammar or actually, to the literary context itself and of course, to the movie!

Long before Olivia (Sydney Sweeney) and Paula (Brittany O’Grady) from The White Lotuswere flaunting their book covers, we had Katarina Stratford (Julia Stiles), the “tempestuous” lead character in 10 Things I Hate About You. And, being that the movie was an adaptation of William Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew, it’s only fitting that there should be plenty of literary nods throughout. Including the fact that Kat herself is well-read—something screenwriting duo Karen McCullah and Kirsten Smith were sure to get across in the visuals conveyed by the movie’s director, Gil Junger. Prince Charming Wannabe: Double-subverted with Joey. At first, though, Bianca is attracted to him and wants to be with him instead of Cameron. The trope comes into play starting at Bogey's party when Bianca realizes Joey is extremely self-absorbed, and that Cameron is the better guy of the two, and eventually results in Bianca snapping at Joey at the prom after she finds out from Chastity that Joey only wanted to get with her because of a bet he made with his friends. This modern rendition of the drama has its charms. It slips in a couple of allusions to The Bard ( Macbeth"s " Who could refrain that...in that heart [had] courage to make love known?"; and " Sweet love, renew thy force!" from Sonnet LVI.) Kat’s surly, antisocial demeanor, naturally, makes her the quintessential reader—her face constantly buried in a book, whether it’s The Bell Jaror The Feminine Mystique(yes, another unabashed cliché of the “angry white feminist”). Yet hers isn’t the only character given a literary bent.Andrew, Geoff. "10 Things I Hate About You Review". Time Out New York. Archived from the original on July 22, 2010 . Retrieved September 19, 2009.

Eisenbach, Helen (January 2000). "10 Things We Love About Julia Stiles". Manhattan File Magazine. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016 . Retrieved October 28, 2006. Laidman, Brad. "10 Things I Hate About You". Film Threat. Archived from the original on January 23, 2013 . Retrieved September 19, 2009. This is the only book that I was able to read during my Christmas vacation. Probably because it was really short like I finished it in one sitting. As if my life wasn't bad enough, I now have my own personal stalker. I don't care what he looks like. I want him to go away. I learned it long ago that when you try to say a "reason" of something in a sentence, you don't write "because" anymore after it since it is redundant. So yeah, it irritated me. As far as I'm concerned, it should be: "And the reason she does is that she can't conceive..."

Students

Find CinemaScore" (Type "Ten Things" in the search box). CinemaScore. Archived from the original on January 2, 2018 . Retrieved March 28, 2021. The Stratfords' single father, a successful obstetrician. The film's equivalent of Baptista Minola. I know I'm just ranting about this book but tell you what, no matter how screwed up the writing is (again, for me), this is one of my favorites because of the plot and characters itself. Writing wise, I'm giving it a 2 since I was able to bear it! This is actually the first time I didn't like the writing but love the story itself. That's possible right? Compensating for Something: Joey's expensive sports car is implied to be to cover up the Teeny Weenie. So anyway, I strongly suggest you go see the movie first. It's really cute. And. Sweet. Then if you're up for a short read, grab this. But of course, not everything in the book is in the movie. So expect some changes. Minor only. Despite the changes and the bad writing (for me), this story deserves to be known for its utter cuteness!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment