276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Smiffys Tabby Cat Costume, Grey with Hooded Jumpsuit, Children's Animal Fancy Dress, Animal Dress Up Costumes

£7£14.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After she finished one row of stitching, and everything looked good, she made another row of stitches to help the ribbon laying flat and keep it from turning up. While I used my sewing machine when I created this cat costume for my thirteen-year-old niece, Julia, you can sew it by hand if you don’t have a sewing machine. You don’t even need a glue gun!

If you are making leg warmers not boot cuffs, you will need to make sure that they are snug enough to stay up. You may need to hem the top of the leg warmer and insert some elastic to help hold them in place. Sew your tail, flip it so the seam is on the inside, NOW insert the wire into your fold until it hits the stopper at the tip, and cut your wire.

Cat Costume Makeup

So, in Project Runway “make it work” style, we actually safety-pinned Julia into the skirt for the photoshoot. We were going to fix it for Halloween, but in the end, we didn’t bother. The safety pins worked fine and we were really tired!

But that is optional. You can just turn your ears inside out as usual and have the side seams at the side. Step 3. Bend wire into cat ear shapes Once you are finished making your tail, set it aside until you are ready to attach it to your skirt or costume. Expert Tip: Want to know a secret? I often just SAFETY PIN tails on to costumes once my child is already in it. Easy peasy. How to Make a Bendable Cat TailSince we wanted the boot cuffs of the cat costume to go over top of Julia’s boots, I made them much wider than I would have if they were leg warmers. For this new cat costume for teens, I made an even prettier style of cat ears. The method I used for these plush cat ears is more refined and simplified. (After making all those ears, I have discovered what works and looks best.) You will now have a long fabric tube. Turn it right side out using your favorite tube turning method. With hand stitches, begin to sew your ears onto the headband, taking care to put your stitches through the fabric on the top and bottom of the headband cover and also catching the bottom of the wire ear frame.

So, even though I still had all the ears to make and Sophia’s hoodie to finish, I began cutting out lining fabric for a half circle skirt. Fortunately, I had JUST enough soft crinoline left, (I was using it to make Julia a tutu,) to make a bubble overlay in the same style as her fox skirt and the organza skirt I was making for Olivia’s bear costume.

Honestly, I just want to wear these fingerless gloves and leg warmers/boot cuffs every day. They are super cozy. (I think I might steal the gloves and add them to my camera bag to keep my hands warm while I photograph in the winter.) I made a half circle skirt for the skirt lining. (You can also see my Fall Flower Fairy dress for more about making circle skirts.) Mercifully, my mom was helping me, so I was able to hand over the rest of the construction of the skirt to her at about 2am while I moved on to make all the ears and finish sewing Sophia’s panda bear hoodie. Over the years, I have made more animal ears than I can count. I have made various kinds of cat ears, bunny ears, bat ears, fox ears, fawn ears, and unicorn ears. Turn the ends of one side in and sew shut. Slide the fabric tube onto the headband and sew the other end shut. Step 6. Attach cat ears to the headband

Fold the headband fabric in half, lengthwise. So you will have a folded over piece of fabric that is an inch or two longer than your headband. Once your wire ear frames are inside your plush ears, fold up the bottom of the ears, trimming excess fabric if necessary. I cut our fabric 9″x8″. I had extra room because our fabric was so stretchy, so after fitting on Julia’s tiny hands, I restitched them to make them smaller. Spotted: The Ocicat and the American bobtail are good examples of spotted tabby patterns, although some moggies will also demonstrate this color pattern. Or if your child can't get enough of Pete the Cat, we've created an exclusive costume of their favorite groovy cat! The look is complete with his four groovy buttons and white shoes. They can wear this costume while they read his books or dance to his songs! This Pete the Cat costume is perfect for any child. You'll have them singing, "I love my white shoes!"

How To Make An Easy Cat Costume

Add the stopper at the butt, close up your tail, and safety pin it on. The wire will stay in place and you can easily bend the tail to form. Julia’s waist is 25 inches, so my liner, with seam allowance, was around 26 inches. (It was now about 2am so I handed the project over to my mom and I went to work on the ears.) Measure the width of your ankle, but also measure around your heel and ankle. Your leg warmer will need to slip over your ankle. Then I pinned the folded crinoline to keep it in place and made two rows of gathering stitches at the top. If your fabric is soft and “floppy,” you will probably need to make some sort of an insert to hold up your ears.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment