276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Surprisingly Down to Earth, and Very Funny: My Autobiography

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Because, as well as being a compelling first-person account of living with mental health issues, Surprisingly Down to Earth is, as the title promises, very funny. Uproariously, even. Limmy’s chatty, seemingly off-the-cuff patter marks him out as a natural storyteller, and the humour is easy and unforced, allowed to grow organically out of his skewed outlook on the world. And it’s genuinely interesting to see how Limmy’s varied talents, obsessions, hang-ups and life experiences coalesced into a successful career achieved on his own terms. Limond describes the teenage years he spent drinking and getting into trouble, on one occasion stealing a car, with disarming honesty in his autobiography, Surprisingly Down to Earth and Very Funny. “I don’t like hiding things. If I can expose the weaknesses in myself, they can’t be uncovered,” he says. “But I didn’t write about my life with the aim of then saying, ‘This is how you can get better’. I just wanted to get it out and it turns out that being open can be a big help in showing people they are not alone.” They asked me to write a book about mental health, because I sometimes talk about my mental health in tweets and interviews, like suicidal thoughts and anxiety, and what I’ve done to try and deal with it.

Doctors are just people and they can make mistakes. But I’m quite happy with things as they are.” Read More Related Articles

Customer reviews

Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast: RHLSTP 80 - Limmy". British Comedy Guide. 30 September 2015 . Retrieved 18 October 2020. Limmy gives us a frank insight into some of his history and the coinciding battles and experiences with his mental health. Some of it is quite scary to hear but it is always dashed with some dark humour in the traditional Limmy way. it's definitely a very interesting read and I certainly recommend the audiobook version of not just this book but all of his previous books - It always adds a extra level of depth to hear him speak the words, and he's brilliant at it.

Limmy appeared on Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast in 2015, [27] 2017, [28] and 2020. [29] He also appeared on the Blindboy Podcast in 2020. [30] Richardson, Jay (5 September 2020). "Limmy to quit TV with final special – News – British Comedy Guide". British Comedy Guide . Retrieved 1 May 2021. In August 2016, Limmy's channel began focusing on uploading clips from his stream, which has remained his most common style of content since. On 28 September 2019, Limmy uploaded a video titled "Honk if Thatcher's dead" which went viral and has remained his most viewed video to date.He said: “Maybe I’m a bit f***** up in the head and maybe that’s where my sense of humour comes from. About growing up around violence, really nasty things and how much that shapes your head.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment