276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rooftoppers

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

numerous descriptions of the Paris skyline from the rooftops, yet not a single mention of Tour Eiffel and Sacre Coeur, the two landmarks that are visible from any high point in the city. This is an adventure story about a daring girl, called Sophie, who plays cello. She stowed away on a train, then a boat, to Paris, in France. When she arrived, she has an urge to clamber onto the roof. When she finally did, she met a gang of Rooftoppers and started her search for one of the most vital things in life: her loving mother. I found it %F0%9F%98%85, or in other words hooking! Caught between the upper end of childrens' and lower end of middle grade, I'm shelving the book as childrens, although readers of both age groups might find something to enjoy with Rooftoppers. a highly improbable traverse on a tightrope between buildings, without any training, described as 'a safer option'.

Your KS2 class will look at the words and definitions and place them into the context of the story. I think kids might appreciate the use of language, whereas I found some of it a bit kitschy. There were descriptions and even minor plot elements that chose quirky aesthetic sweetness over actual usefulness. A Chelsea bun that tastes like blue skies? It's a lovely sentence, but I'm no closer to knowing what that bun tastes like. And having a suit where a heart should be? It's been done - in fact, I'm pretty sure Meg Ryan says something very similar in You've Got Mail. But for young readers/writers just learning to wrangle words into a particular voice, this kind of language can be engaging and open up new possibilities.Cello music plays a pivotal role in Rooftoppers. The cello is a string instrument played with a bow. It has four strings tuned to perfect fifths. It is an octave lower than a viola, and an octave and a fifth lower than a violin. The name "cello" is an abbreviation of the Italian violoncello, which means "little violone". Ieri sono stata sveglia fino alle due di notte per finire questa meraviglia ❤ Una favola assolutamente perfetta in questo periodo, una storia che parla di amore, amicizia, coraggio, speranza e legami indissolubili... Un romanzo che venera le mamme sopra ogni cosa. Perché Kyiv won't extradite roofer who painted star on Moscow skyscraper in Ukrainian flag colors". Kyiv Post. October 4, 2014. Think of nighttime with a speaking voice. Or think how moonlight might talk, or think of ink, if ink had vocal cords. Give those things a narrow aristocratic face with hooked eyebrows, and long arms and legs, and that is what the baby saw as she was lifted out of her cello case and up into safety. His name was Charles Maxim, and he determined, as he held her in his large hands—at arm’s length, as he would a leaky flowerpot—that he would keep her.As the lady from the National Childcare Agency will often point out, Charles has little idea of how to bring up a female infant. But he is both imaginative and kind. Soon Sophie (for that's what he calls her) is enjoying the kind of upbringing any child would dream about, with lots of exciting things to explore and no silly rules about dressing like a little lady or not writing on the walls. Charles's idea of a perfect birthday treat is eating a tub of ice-cream on top of a coach-and-four galloping around Hyde Park in the rain. And he reads to her from Shakespeare and takes her to concerts, at one of which she hears a cello and falls in love. So he buys her one: karen pretty much nailed it when she said this was "classic-feeling". This whimsical historical tale has something timeless and

I have come to the conclusion that with few exceptions the best authors are now writing for "children." No idea why or how it happened but aside from my beloved Mystery genre I am overwhelmed with what is being written for the "youth market." I wonder if they deserve such riches as this extraordinarily fine effort by Rundell? It was the only living thing for miles. Just the baby, and some dining room chairs, and the tip of a ship disappearing into the ocean. There had been music in the dining hall, and it was music so loud and so good that nobody had noticed the water flooding in over the carpet. The violins went on sawing for some time after the screaming had begun. Sometimes the shriek of a passenger would duet with a high C.Starred Review. The beauty of sky, music, and the belief in 'extraordinary things' triumph in this whimsical and magical tale.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment