276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Menopausing: Book of the Year, The British Book Awards 2023, and Sunday Times bestselling self-help guide, to help you cope with symptoms and live your best life during menopause

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For too long, women have had to keep quiet about the menopause—its onset, its symptoms, its treatments—and what it means for us. Menopausing will build an empowered, supportive community to break this terrible silence once and for all. By exploring and explaining the science, debunking damaging myths, and smashing the taboos around the perimenopause and menopause, this book will equip women to make the most informed decisions about their health…and their lives. Nevertheless, Menopausing does serve a crucial purpose in dispelling the isolation that women often feel when grappling with the myriad of symptoms associated with perimenopause and menopause. The book provided me with valuable information and a sense of relief about the numerous symptoms that I was unaware were associated with my perimenopause. The book not only assisted me in identifying the symptoms directly linked to my perimenopause, but it also aided me in untangling the intricate connection between hormonal changes and the impact of my past trauma on my overall well-being.

For too long, women have had to keep quiet about menopause – its onset, its symptoms, its treatments – and what it means for us. Menopausing will build an empowered, supportive community to break this terrible silence once and for all. By exploring and explaining the science, debunking damaging myths, and smashing the taboos around perimenopause and menopause, this book will equip women to make the most informed decisions about their health… and their lives. The start of a movement: to get everyone talking about the menopause in every home, GP surgery and workspace. Menopausing is more than just a book, it’s a movement. An uprising. Menopause affects every woman, and yet so many approach it with shame, fear, misinformation or silence.I believe the book should perhaps have been titled "Menopausing: How HRT Can Help". Okay, that's a terrible title but something in a similar vein to reflect its heavy focus on hormone replacement therapy being the be-and-end-all solution for some women. Winner of The British Book Awards 2023 Overall Book of the Year‘We can’t wait for this.’ RedMenopausing is more than just a book, it’s a movement. An uprising.Menopause affects every woman, and yet so many approach it with shame, fear, misinformation or silence. I really appreciate Davina McCall's dedication to breaking the silence surrounding perimenopause and menopause. She has made a significant contribution to raising awareness and inspiring women to understand their bodies better. However, while the book offers valuable insights, it fell short in a few critical areas for me.

Overall Winner and Winner of Non-Fiction Lifestyle Book of the Year at The British Book Awards 2023! One further thing to note is that parts of this book refer specifically to dealing with the menopause in the UK, for example how it is treated by the NHS and the types of treatments that are available in the different parts of the UK. These sections will obviously be less useful to those living outside of the UK. But, there is still plenty of information in there that would apply to any person interested in learning more about the menopause. That’s how this book has come about. We are going to tell you the truth, so you can make an informed decision about your life and your body … mic drop.’For women of a certain age this is a godsend. It’s a wonderfully informative coffee table book (Yes! Put it on there! For far too long we have kept quiet about this subject!) that you can dip in and out of. It’s frank, it’s fascinating and it debunks so many of the horror stories around HRT. It covers the peri menopause in detail too, so the minute you get a hot flush, experience brain fog, feel like you’re going crazy, then you need to read this - you won’t feel so alone.

Menopausing is more than just a book, it’s a movement. An uprising. Menopause affects every woman, and yet so many approach it with shame, fear, misinformation or silence. Why is no one talking about this? Who has the correct information? And how can we get it? That’s how this book has come about. We are going to tell you the truth, so you can make an informed decision about your life and your body … mic drop. Menopausing will also celebrate the sharing of stories, enabling women to feel less alone and more understood, and talk openly and positively about menopause.

Toys

That’s how this book has come about. We are going to tell you the truth, so you can make an informed decision about your life and your body.

Winner of The British Book Awards 2023 Overall Book of the Year ‘We can’t wait for this.’ Red Menopausing is more than just a book, it’s a movement. An uprising. This book tells so many different, but so many similar stories of women with one common theme - we should talk about these things more and we should seek to be heard and be given help and support if we need it. This audiobook has been very useful for learning about the wide range of menopausal symptoms and the treatments available. I have definitely taken away useful information for when the time comes. For example, personally, it is useful for me to know that hypothyroidism can trigger early peri menopause. And, I knew very little about HRT. The start of a movement: to get everyone talking about menopause in every home, GP surgery and workspaceAt the time of listening, I am 45 and not experiencing any signs of being peri menopausal or menopausal. However, this book was a fantastic introduction to the topic and very easy to listen to and to understand. Davina MaCall is incredibly likable and does a great job of putting the listener at ease and telling it like it is, with plenty of giggles along the way. Menopausing will also celebrate the sharing of stories, enabling women to feel less alone and more understood and talk openly and positively about menopause. No more scaremongering: just evidence-based info,no shame: real women, real menopause stories, real empathy, real community, honest, no-holds-barred advice: Dry vagina? Zero sex drive? Hair loss? We’ve got it covered. The start of a movement: to get everyone talking about the menopause in every home, GP surgery and workspace For too long, women have had to keep quiet about the menopause – its onset, its symptoms, its treatments – and what it means for us. Menopausing will build an empowered, supportive community to break this terrible silence once and for all. By exploring and explaining the science, debunking damaging myths, and smashing the taboos around the perimenopause and menopause, this book will equip women to make the most informed decisions about their health… and their lives. One glaring issue I found with Menopausing is its repetitiveness. Certain points and concepts are reiterated to the point of redundancy, which I found quite tiresome in my search for new information and perspectives.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment