276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens with Built in Motor for Canon DSLR Cameras

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I spent far more days than I want to think about trying to create a set of outdoor image quality comparisons to show you in addition to the ISO 12233 Chart Tool results. The lens barrel is constructed from high quality plastics, which feel sturdy enough to take a reasonable amount of use and abuse, without adding too much to the weight of the optic. Zooming in to 270mm more than doubles the length of the lens, which extends in two sections. The zoom mechanism is smooth throughout the range and offers just enough resistance to prevent zoom creep when pointed downwards although in time the mechanism may loosen. As usual with a long-extending lens, gravity has an effect on the rotational force required to change focal lengths.

The testing, returning and re-purchasing additional copies of this lens was time consuming, but alas, my third copy functions properly. we got this lens to take on vacation because of its size and range. it was unbelievable how well it performed. we used in on a 400 xti and the results were outstanding. it is not made for low light or professional quality but it is so much better than a compact camera. my wife used one of those tiny digitals and the pictures were not even close to what i was able to get with this lens. It is really neat. close up to long range, it is a deal The Samyang AF 18mm F2.8 FE is the lightest and smallest super wide-angle with autofocus that you can buy for full-frame cameras. It is also extremely cheap. Is it worth anything? Absolutely. The Samyang AF 18mm F2.8 FE performs well. The Sony version of the lens doesn't have the VC mechanism (and therefore drops these initials from its name). Tamron doesn't make a Pentax mount version, unfortunately.

I am heading to Scotland for a photography trip in August. This seemed like a lens that could help limit lens swaps out in the field and resistant to rain as well. Special thanks to Cles Distribution of Tamron Singapore for giving me the opportunity to loan the Tamron 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD (Model B061) for Fuji mount for a review. At the time of releasing this review, I have returned the loan unit to Cles Distribution. During the day, the image quality across all focal lengths is great. I am surprised that the images are decent and beyond my expectation. Of course, the image quality is not comparable to prime lenses but not too far behind from the shorter zoom ratio lenses. Different lenses are created for different purposes, so it is not a fair comparison if you are comparing it with other lenses directly. Some shots are straight out of the camera, while others are edited via In-Camera Raw Processing and Adobe Lightroom Classic. Vignetting is certainly clearly visible at full aperture. Fortunately, after stopping down, at f/4, it already gets a lot better, and at f/5.6, you can hardly see any of it anymore.

Chromatic aberration ranges from low to high, depending on where you're working within the zoom range. CA is highest at maximum telephoto, somewhat lower at maximum wide angle, and best in between the extremes, and with the lens stopped down a notch or two. The Tamron engineers appear to have split the difference in terms of CA and focal lengths: The 18-250mm does better than the earlier 18-200 at the ends of its range, but not as good in the middle of its range. I think this was a good trade-off to make though, as it delivers reasonable performance across the entire range, rather than a range from excellent to poor, as was the case with the 18-200mm. Distortion begins at 18mm as rather strong barrel distortion (moderately bulged-in-the-middle / wavy)In a lens with a super focal length range, wide open aperture image quality is usually one of these sacrifices. This is Tamron very first lens for Fujifilm users, and I think this is a wise choice to start off with. That’s because Fujifilm does not have this level of the all-in-one zoom lens in its lens lineup. The closest that Fujifilm has is the 18-135mm, and it is nowhere near what Tamron has to offer. Not only that, it is selling at USD 699 (SGD 1088). With such competitive pricing, I think it will attract lots of interested photographers.

As of September 2006. Based upon Tamron's research of lenses for exclusive use with digital SLRs equipped with APS-C sized image sensors. This is a must have lens, but you must no how to get the most out of it, for good sharp images I've found you must use f7 to f11. I have a lot of prime lenes but when The Tamron 18-270mm's closest competitor is the Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-5.6 DC Macro OS HSM, a very similarly spec'ed lens that we reviewed recently. The Tamron has a slightly longer zoom range, but the Sigma can focus closer. In this review we'll attempt to nail down the other, less obvious differences between these two third-party contenders. Headline features As usual, my conclusion is that vibration control is very useful for handholding a lens in low light with a still subject (VC cannot stop subject motion). This lens might appear to be aimed at casual photographers, but in reality you’ll get the most out of it if you’re prepared to shoot in raw and post-process away evident flaws. The images will look just fine, unless you like to print large or scrutinise them for pixel-level detail. You’d no doubt get technically better files by using two shorter-range zooms, but if, in practice, you don’t have the inclination to change lenses between shots, the point is moot: getting a shot that’s not especially sharp at 200mm definitely beats not getting one at all.

At 270mm, the entire image is soft wide open and especially soft in the mid and corner areas of the frame.

Here we show the maximum and minimum apertures reported by the camera at the marked focal lengths. Focal length Gary Wolstenholme takes a close look at Tamron's latest super-zoom which sports a silent piezo ultrasonic focusing motor and an improved Vibration Compensation system.Thanks to the VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism, the focusing is pretty fast at all focal lengths and silent under sunlight. The focus is quite accurate at most focal lengths, but I do miss some shots at 300mm. I am wondering if it is due to the small aperture at 300mm. It´s a quiet good allrounder without strong weekness. Better than the 18-200-brother from Sigma. As well a bit better than the Tamron 18-200. Of course you will find some distortion and cornershading, but its really acceptable. The resolution is good between 18-200 and the colours are nice. And if you are willing to give up the ultimate image quality and wide apertures a multi-lens solution will provide for the convenience of a super zoom lens,

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment