276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Kissed Shara Wheeler

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You don’t even know her, do you?” Rory counters. “What are you doing here? Why do you care if she’s gone?” a b c "An exclusive interview with Casey McQuiston". shereads.com. May 7, 2019 . Retrieved May 18, 2019. Making Politics Loving Again: PW Talks with Casey McQuiston". Publisher's Weekly . Retrieved May 28, 2019.

Chloe is a wonderful protagonist, whip-smart, determined, flawed, but bold enough to be fully herself even in unwelcoming circumstances... Since reading I Kissed Shara Wheeler, I’ve found a new place in my heart for YA novels."- Susie Dumond, Book Riot a b McQuiston, Casey. "CMQ". CMQ. Archived from the original on August 28, 2018 . Retrieved January 30, 2021.When I tell you I felt every word in this book like a physical emotion, I mean it. This spoke to me on a cellular level, breaking me down to my 17 year old self and making me feel so incredibly powerfully seen in a way that I honestly don’t feel all that often. That queer teenage me never felt, really. Flowers of Romance: Smith asked Shara out to Homecoming by having dozens of carnations delivered to her in class. Specifically, her chemistry class that she was partnered with Chloe in. Needless to say, Chloe doesn't fondly remember the day she had to finish a lab on her own while Shara was occupied by her gifted carnations. On September 20, 2022, McQuiston's short story, "Bloody, Lovely," was featured in a collection of paranormal romance shorts edited by Patrice Caldwell, Eternally Yours. The story follows a young teenager falling in love with the Bloody Mary ghost in their mirror and coming to terms with their queerness. [44] The Pairing [ edit ] Casey McQuiston’s I Kissed Shara Wheeler is about breaking the rules, getting messy, and finding love in unexpected places. Perfect for fans of Heartstopper, this is the debut YA queer rom-com from the bestselling author of Red, White and Royal Blue .

McQuiston knew from the get-go that if the lesbian love story at the center of the book didn't get the novel "mega-banned," its message of anti-racism and LGBTQ+ acceptance could. But they still wanted to give the book a fighting chance. Chloe Green is so close she can literally taste her stunning victory. Her life has been pretty interesting ever since her moms moved her from California to Alabama for high school. She’s spent four long years dealing with mean schoolmates, endless small town gossip and the narrow-minded and moralistic administration that governs Willowgrove Christian Academy. All of that doesn’t matter because she only cares about one thing—winning valedictorian. There’s only one person who is standing in her way: the queen of everything, also known as Shara Wheeler, the principal’s daughter.Jerkass Realization: After her fight with Georgia, Chloe fears that she's a bad person. Her moms assure her that she isn't, but she does realize that she has a bit of an anger issue, where she comes across as angry when she's really scared. She also realizes that she's not the nicest person just in general, but that's just the kind of person she is, which isn't a problem. PopSugar, "67 Books That Will Make Their Much-Anticipated Debut in 2022" and "These Are the Best YA Books of 2022" McQuiston says that love is indomitable, and when I’m lost in their worlds, I really believe it." - Autostraddle

Book Riot, "15 WLW Romance Books like One Last Stop", "The Most Anticipated Books of 2022", "The 15 Best New Mystery Books of 2022", and "10 Books That Feel Like Wes Anderson Movies" McQuiston has done it again… A YA novel with a swoon-worthy romance readers have come to expect from their first two triumphant works.” - USA Today (4/4 stars) Except when she got to the door, Shara was gone, and when student council president Brooklyn Bennett got up on stage to crown Shara as prom queen, she was still gone. Nobody saw her leave, and nobody’s seen her since, but her white Jeep is missing from the Wheelers’ driveway. One Last Stop is an earnest reminder that home - whether that means a time, a place, or a person - is worth fighting for." - New York MagazineEffervescent and empowering on all levels, Red, White & Royal Blue is both a well-written love story and a celebration of identity. McQuiston may not be royal herself, but her novel reigns as must read rom-com." - NPR One Last Stop is an electrifying romance that synapses into the dreamy "Hot Person Summer" kind of story you wish you were a part of. McQuiston is leading the charge for inclusive happy-ever-afters, radiant with joy and toe-curling passion, and bursting with the creative range to make anything from electricity to social activism sound sexy." - NPR Title Drop: Chloe titles the group chat she creates for her, Smith, and Rory to share any information related to their search for Shara I Kissed Shara Wheeler. Smith wasn’t having it, but that doesn’t stop her from using it (in her head, at least).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment