276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO 31112 Creator Wild Lion

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It's fantastic. I'm sure the designer tried to tread a fine line between a classic look, a playable toy and a modern lego set. I plan to switch all the heads for classic grins, and I'm sure it will look great next to the MMV so they've done a great job fitting into three different lego eras. Celebrating LEGO’s 90th anniversary, a fan vote saw resounding demand for all things Castle, and LEGO well and truly delivered one of the best castles of all time. The double-sided head displays two smiling expressions and an alternative hair component is provided, originating from 7079 Drawbridge Defence. Also, removing the breastplate reveals a unique torso underneath, with metallic gold designs distinguishing the Queen from her soldiers. Her attractive sword and shield are distinctive too, appropriately. The Wizard Magisto also makes a return, albeit in very unassuming robes. There is no printing at all, and he sports a bushy new beard, but blue wizards like Magisto have been a staple in the more mystical LEGO Castle sets, so it seems right for him to be here.

Classic Castle staples like the skeleton and even a surprise appearance of Magisto round out the minifigure lineup. Here’s a look at the design team – Mike Psiaki, Milan Madge and Ashwin Visser, as well as some trivia on how they’ve modernised the Lion Knights sigil.I have only one real complaint: given all the effort they put into designing the updated knights and forestmen minifigures, why on earth is the wizard minifigure completely blank? That’s such a bizarre choice. I realise that much of the detail would be lost under the beard but that’s never stopped them before and the skirt piece forming the lower half of the robes most certainly *is* visible. I genuinely don’t get this. It’s certainly not impossible to do some customisation using parts from the CMF wizard but honestly, at this price that really shouldn’t be necessary! You’re treated to a walk down memory lane. If you’re a fan of Classic Castle, these sets that they’ve curated, detailing the evolution of LEGO Castles, from the original Yellow Castle, to Nexo Knights to the current 10305 Lion Knights’ Castle is a wonderful read. Fittingly for a medieval castle, there is also a privy! Love that there’s even a roll of toilet paper, suggesting that they aren’t really that barbaric. Fans of LEGO® Marvel™, meanwhile, were treated to a first-look at a new Doctor Strange set showcasing the Sanctum Sanctorum as featured in a number of films, giving them a chance to open up their very own multiverses. LEGO Minecraft® builders were spoilt with two brand new sets to add to their collection: LEGO Minecraft The Abandoned Village and LEGO Minecraft The Skeleton Dungeon.

Forestmen is among the most popular Castle subthemes and three such minifigures join the Lion Knights, now dubbed the Forest Guardians. Their green and red clothing is shared with the minifigures from 40567 Forest Hideout and features great detail, although some alternative accent colours would have been interesting. After all, the original Forestmen minifigures sometimes wore green and blue garb. Castle also appears on the upper level, faithfully replicated in approximate minifigure-scale! The yellow walls and red drawbridge are instantly identifiable and I appreciate how the castle is presented during construction. Given the extremely restricted space, the addition of an opening door is admirable, although a small gap remains even after closing the door. Fun-loving kids can enjoy savanna adventures with a fierce lion, a speedy ostrich and a powerful warthog, who can all enjoy fun adventures with the vulture. The lion model measures over 4 in. (12 cm) high – the perfect portable size to play with at home or on the go.Don't care for the short swords with the round tip of the blade. They could have included more of the new and IMO better designs. Special thanks to the LEGO Group for providing this set for review 10305 Lion Knights’ Castle – Set Details From the inside we see the dollhouse in full affect as each of the three levels is built in such a way that we can see the entire room, both interior and exterior but in two halves while at the same time splitting up the halves in such a way that it could be two separate rooms. With so much color variety on the inside and differing looks there is so much variety in his build. No stone is left untouched as everything feels very intentional and well put together. Stages 14-25 – Lion Knight’s Castle Keep Lion Knights’ Castle is an outstanding LEGO experience where money is not the object at play. It may take many months to save up for 10305 Lion Knights’ Castle, but the reward for doing so is so very special and unique to you that there’s no need to think twice when you come to that moment to spend hundreds on just one LEGO set. The mortgage can wait. — LEGO ICONS 10305 Lion Knights’ Castle pictures — As a Castle fan who always wished there were more female characters/minifigures to make my medieval minifig population more representative of an actual population, a more equal ratio of male to female minifigures is extremely welcome, even if there weren't really female knights in medieval times. Previous Castle themes only had female minifigures that were princesses, queens, and I think we got one or two female peasants. In a typical line of Castle sets, you'd have maybe 3 female minifigures across the entire line, and 20+ males when you add up all the soldiers and knights. Girls play with these toys too. And even aside from that, to create a realistic world you'd kind of want to have a fairly even ratio of males and females. It's a toy featuring fictional factions/kingdoms that happens to be set in the medieval time period. Some of the knights are female. It's not that big of a deal, and extra female minifigure inclusion isn't really an example of "wokeness." (Also, if you think calling something "woke" is an insult, you don't really understand what "woke" means.)

While the Lion Knights' Castle comprises thousands of pieces and stands as one of the larger Lego sets ever created, it’s still only a small section of what would be a Minifigure-scale castle. After all, it doesn’t even have a keep. But despite the necessary limitations, the designers have done a marvellous job of hiding the set’s diminutive size (comparative to the real world). It can be hinged open to create a sprawling folly or closed up to create a self-contained castle that can be viewed from any angle. In both instances, it looks suitably sized and the absent keep isn’t missed. Out the front is this insanely beautiful arched window, as well as the Lion Knights shields on the wall. Unlike the gatehouse, this section of the castle is divided into numerous colourful rooms, with intricate furnishings. Their building experiences are therefore surprisingly different, as this half feels more reminiscent of constructing a Modular Building. The entire process is very enjoyable, avoiding repetition and involving various creative construction techniques. LEGO have come a long way with Queens, and I must say, this Warrior Queen Lionne will go down in history as one of the most-loved Castle characters. Join Jake Sully, Neytiri, Mo’at and Tsu’Tey at the Tree of Souls! This LEGO® Avatar set reflects the scene where Jake joins with the majestic Toruk and becomes the 6th Toruk Makto. Dive into the intense effort to defend the important landmark of the Na’vi people, flying on the Toruk or riding the fierce Direhorse. Let the roots of the tree wrap around you and join the rest of the Na’vi as they commune together!

Well there's still the Medieval Castle set from the Creator 3-in-1 theme for those who don't want to drop so much on this; it obviously pales in comparison to this 90th Anniversary one but then it's nowhere near as costly. Gosh what an all around joy this set is, I won't have the space to get this myself, but it still feels like a masterpiece, captivates and captures the imagination in a lovely way. From the front you can see the main entrance room of the castle, once the drawbridge and portcullis are added however is it not as visible. Bag 20 – Completing the keep’s first level and the drawbridge Another ladder is secured on the other side, leading to the armoury. Numerous accessories are available to equip the knights, including swords, a mace, a bow, a crossbow and two crossbow bolts. Printed shields are also mounted on the wall, featuring the Crusaders' crossed axes sigil alongside a red and white design that originates from 677 Knight's Procession.

What a spectacular set - and thank you CapnRex, for the detailed and well-photographed guide through it. I've been ogling all of the documentation since its announcement of this set in the middle of June. Grab your sword, it’s time to reclaim the abandoned village from the zombies! Battle the zombie villager at the blast furnace, seize the zombie farm and capture the abandoned house. Now you can rebuild the village in your own awesome style! Clear the cobwebs, combine the different buildings, and add furniture and tools for work. Finally, build a campfire – and plan your next adventure! Unfortunately, it is sometimes necessary. When one group of comments is accusing LEGO of indoctrinating children and another is accusing individuals of misogyny, that conversation is bound to derail the comments completely, so is best avoided. The male outlaw includes a superb moustachioed head and both adults feature their traditional hats, with matching plumes. The child does not include a hat, but her braided hair seems appropriate for the mediaeval setting. I was surprised that her head only includes one expression though.A large part of the castle’s charm is its irregular design. Largely symmetrical castles do exist and Lego could have easily replicated this via a couple of large baseplates. But many castles were added to or altered over the years and the Lion Knights' Castle reflects this. The hulking set is built atop a variety of differently shaped tiles, resulting in a build that’s both believable and bursting with character. As a build(and as expected for the piece count and scale of model here), 10305 Lion Knights’ Castle demands a lot of time and patience to put together, spread as it is across 26 sets of numbered bags. It is also best considered as two separate builds, each with one of the two booklets of instructions dedicated to them, each as one half of a completed, final castle. In many ways when considering the cost of this beast of a LEGO set, it’s a curiosity to know if releasing the castle in two halves was ever considered, particularly for how strong each half works as its own fortified structure on the outside and snapshot of medieval life on the inside. However, prisoners can escape through another secret door, which slides aside after opening the Guardians' weapons cache. While intended primarily for adults and therefore display, the number and quality of functions is remarkable and I think this model would be fantastic for play as well. Alas, the price will inevitably limit such opportunities. The set was provided for review by LEGO. All opinions expressed are those of the author. Box and Contents

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment