276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Princess Diaries (Princess Diaries, 1)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And you gave me so much Fat Louie content but you don't even introduce me to Mia's babies!!!! What is up with that Meg!? Content warnings: alcohol consumption, forced marriage, kidnapping, lethal injuries, loss of a parent & sibling (mentioned), murder, poisoning (mentioned), sexual content The earliest book in the series talks about Mia Thermopolis who is an average urban ninth grader. Mia stays with her single mother who is somehow famous of her painting job. Despite her condition, Mia is very determined and has two main ambitions in her life. These are kissing the senior Josh Ritcher that is about six feet of hotness and also passing algebra. Mia at one point is seen to be wearing her Doc Martens. Despite staying with her single mother, Mia had a father who was very a prince of a small of a small country and also a European. The father one time came to the town and dropped a great bomb. Since the dad only had one daughter who is Mia, she is now considered as to be the princess of Genovia. Despite this great opportunity to be a princess, she finds it very difficult to cope with the situation and even quotes that “I am so not a princess”. She even criticizes herself by saying she has no breasts, she has a big mouth, feet like skis and very bad hair. She therefore thinks she doesn’t really qualify to be the princess of Genovia. All her problems are criticized more and get discouraged on her duty as the princess. On the other hand, her mother falls in love with her algebra teacher known as Frank Gianini. Mia is not comfortable since the paparazzi starts showing up in school. She therefore gets very uncomfortable and gets to fight her best friend Lilly. They therefore don’t get along with each other for a while then Mia decides to start training on how to become a princess. She goes to the Plaza Hotel room to her grandmother. Due to continuous training, Mia is able to develop some skills and becomes a great princess. Later in the book, Mia finds another friend known as Tina who was rejected because of the over protective father who finally ensures that she has a body guard. This is just but the summary of the first book of the Princess Diaries. You can always enjoy this entertaining and self-motivating story by getting Meg Cabot’s work online. You can also watch the series and you will actually be amazed by how Mia carries herself around. It is all laughter because of her funny behaviors in the book. Don’t miss out this story, get your copy today and you will definitely love it.

The Princess Diaries - Wikipedia

MegCabot: Hi! Like a lot of you, I never thought I’d want to read, let alone write, something set during the Covid-19 pandemic. The books are noted for containing many popular culture references from the 2000s that influence some of the plot.Princess in Waiting – Between canceled dates with her long-sought-after royal consort, a second semester of the dreaded Algebra, more princess lessons from Grandmère, and the inability to stop gnawing on her fingernails, isn’t there anything Mia is good at besides inheriting an unwanted royal title? The series is set primarily in the Manhattan borough of New York City. Some books take place in Genovia, a fictional European country. Genovia is a principality between France and Italy ruled by Mia's father, Prince Philippe Renaldi, and by Mia's grandmother, Dowager Princess Clarisse Renaldi. Royal Crush (set after Royal Wedding) – Olivia Grace Clarisse Mignonette Harrison is turning thirteen. Even better, she’s finally starting to get the hang of this princess thing. Just in time, too, since her half-sister, Princess Mia Thermopolis, is expected to give birth to twins any day now! This is honestly such a great capsule of chronicling what it was like during the first year or so of COVID. Mia/The Princess Diaries is actually the perfect way to capture it because Mia not only runs a small country but the cast of characters already has every archetype that we encountered during the early days of COVID: The vaccine in this book comes sooner than in real life, and I'm okay with that because she had to end the book somewhere. I didn't expect this to be a chronicle of the entire year and a half/two years before we went outside again in a significant way, but I did expect it to have a hopeful/happy ending and that's what we got here. I would have liked to see more Tina (ALWAYS) and Michael, but I enjoyed the update on all the characters, including Olivia, Shameka, Ling Su, and Perrin.

Princess Diaries Books in Order (15 Book Series) Princess Diaries Books in Order (15 Book Series)

Project Princess – Princess Mia embarks on an epic adventure for one so admittedly unhandy: Along with her cohorts from school, she’s off to build houses for the less fortunate. It doesn’t take Mia long to realize that helping others is very hard work. I'm glad this book came out now. If it had come out earlier, it would have been too soon. But now, as there are still COVID cases, and still people acting like idiots, but you're almost starting to forget how bad and weird it was, this is the perfect time. And what she, and Michael, and Lilly say to a certain person at the end was truly cathartic. The Overall Tone—The tone is pretty irreverent, which I wasn’t expecting. I will admit I didn’t read the blog posts Meg Cabot released early on in 2020 when everyone was joking about how Mia would handle the Pandemic in Genovia, so maybe this is what they were like. But I found it pretty two dimensional and frankly, annoying. There were also some words and phrases that made me cringe. Eventually Finnula will figure out who Hugo is. And even though Finnula has a bad taste about marriage, which at first makes Hugo ill because the groom was his father, he will show Finnula that love and marriage is not such a bad thing, And since Hugo is so skilled in the bedroom, Finnula will be under siege because she is a bit of a lusty woman herself. She really enjoys Hugo’s kisses and making love to him. Hugo is willing to give Finnula is heart. He just hopes that she will want a lifetime with him as his wife. We all know by the synopsis what this book is about. It's about Mia and her family and extended family living through the first year or so of Covid and being quarantined! This series has now been running for 22 years!While it’s a light read and a nice hello with old friends, unfortunately it was too overly saturated with politics and social issues to be enjoyable. We never got a resolution to the Lars-Lilly thing. Why was she so anti-men all of a sudden? We never found out The issues I had with this book are the massive amounts of politics, political correctness, wokeness, and anti-America/Americans are 'idiots' trope. This is from an author who was born in Indiana!

Complete Book List - Meg Cabot Complete Book List - Meg Cabot

There are a lot of political undertones throughout the book regarding covid, mask mandates and gun control that are exhausting to read. Reading about Princess Mia should make the reader laugh out loud and escape but instead this book ended up resembling a news report. During the Covid-19 pandemic, a section of the diary of Princess Mia Thermopolis of Genovia fell into the hands of Meg Cabot, the Princess’s royal biographer. The heroine, Finnula Crais, is extremely likable. She's kind, fierce, brave and outspoken. She's good with a bow and arrow, has keen hunting instincts and she wears pants. On the other hand, the hero, Hugo Fitzstephen is extremely boring. He is a handsome womanizer with a knightly heart and he is not much else.The Princess Diaries is a young adult series written by Meg Cabot. It’s about Mia who is the princess and heir to the throne of Genovia, a small country in Europe. The Princess Diaries – Mia Thermopolis is pretty sure there’s nothing worse than being a five-foot-nine, flat-chested freshman, who also happens to be flunking Algebra. Is she ever in for a surprise. First Mom announces that she’s dating Mia’s Algebra teacher. Then Dad has to go and reveal that he is the crown prince of Genovia. stars. The Princess Diaries series has always had the unusual ability to be both more and less than meets the eye, and this volume is no exception. It’s an all new school year for Princess Mia, with all new classes, all new challenges . . . and all new worries. With a baby brother at home who won’t stop crying and a potential eco-disaster in her native land that has all of Europe in an uproar, Mia’s got a lot more on her mind than just a case of the sophomore slumps:

Princess Diaries - Book Series In Order Princess Diaries - Book Series In Order

Girls will laugh and swoon with RANSOM MY HEART. Princess Mia Thermopolis, heroine of Meg Cabot's THE PRINCESS DIARIES, pens a fun, flirty debut novel that's spiced with the occasional mishap. Mia's (Meg's) writing abilities continue to blow me away. It was just amazing. No, telling you it was amazing doesn't do it any justice because it truly was a great book. I mean seriously good. I've read this book THREE TIMES! That's how good this book is! Ultimately, the book is short and fun but I don’t think it was necessary for Princess Mia’s legacy. Finn may be a seventeen-year-old tomboy, but even when head-over-heels in love, she knows better than to compromise herself or her family over some guy. Likewise, it's super-refreshing to have a hero and heroine who have lives and dreams outside of each other. Also I genuinely love most of the book but somewhere, the "awareness" that it tries to reflect crosses the line into preachy... not so much that I'd give the book less than 4 stars, but definitely enough that I CANNOT in good conscience give it all 5. It's not fair to the OG books...The only difference is that Mia's country has a competent leader who actually listens to science/reason.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment