276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Diary of a Killer Cat (The Killer Cat, 1)

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I am sharing this guided reading resource with you in the hopes that it will save you some bit of time and enhance your guided reading lesson. Many Hamilton units come with interactive Grammar Presentations integrated into the overall teaching and textual context.

Because let's face the facts here, Tuffy is able to be such an unrelenting hunter and "killer cat" because Ellie and her family in The Diary of a Killer Cat are shown by Anne Fine as obviously having no qualms whatsoever regarding letting their pet freely and continuously roam outside and with there even being a designated cat door so that Tuffy can freely enter and exit at will.The hilarious confessions of a ferocious feline Poor Ellie is horrified when her cat, Tuffy, drags a dead bird into the house. Therefore, when the neighbours rabbit is found on the living room carpet the family can but only assume that Tuffy is the killer: the one to blame. When inside their own home, Ellie’s family realise that they had made a mistake about Tuffy and apologise for thinking that he had murdered the rabbit.

As they do, it is uncovered that their rabbit had been ill for quite some time and had died of its own accord. It’s some good fun for kids, because later on the poor cat gets blamed by the dead of the neighbour’s pet rabbit and what happens next was quite hilarious. a sheet of individual pupil questions that they glue into their Reading Response journals after reading a chapter with the teacher (again not entirely mine as I found some questions here and there). If this diary is from an animal’s perspective, just like ‘The Diary of a Killer Cat’, this makes the activity all the more interesting and exciting for the class.The punctuation, repetition and use of various lengths of sentences enable the book to be an easy yet interesting read, and therefore can be used to help children develop their writing skills. are all questions can be posed in the lesson to help children think about the different forms a diary can take in itself. As the book is very funny, with lots of character, it would make a very entertaining read-aloud to younger children.

Chock-a-block with lighthearted illustrations, readers experience a deliciously sharp and funny view of the world through a cat's eyes.Though readers often find themselves inadvertently laughing aloud as they read Anne Fine's novels, as she herself admits, "a lot of my work, even for fairly young readers, raises serious social issues.

I’m the English Coordinator at a small little school and I took on the task last year of developing a guided reading programme for KS2 as I noticed this was missing from the school. If your class or school is having to close for a while, these materials provide a home dimension as well as a clear route map outlining what to teach online, and what to practise at home. However Tuffy did not actually kill the rabbit this time and finally, after a few unfortunate events, manages to prove this to Ellie. The humour in this short story is unbelievably good, I was laughing out loud to myself from the first page and it's just as entertaining now as it ever was! When he brings home the body of the neighbours rabbit the family go to great lengths to cover up his crime.

Diary of a Lively Labrador, by Ruth Merttens, uses the recount form of a traditional diary to tell the story of a Labrador who enlists an unlikely accomplice to help him get back into his mistress’s good books after a prolonged period of bad behaviour.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment