276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Bunker Diary

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Defector from Decadence: Linus's father is a famous and wealthy comic book author, while Linus himself ran away from school and lives on the streets. Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2020-07-21 08:03:57 Boxid IA1882803 Camera Sony Alpha-A6300 (Control) Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier

The Bunker Diary is very bleak and unusual, but the characters in the story are what made this book important. Their breakdown, because of the helplessness of the situation they find themselves thrust into is what, we felt, drives the story forward to its frustrating and thought-provoking end. Habran leido otro? Puede que existan varios con el mismo nombre. No existe otra explicacion. No puede ser, escapa toda logica.

Keep in touch

Oh, and I loved the voice changed depending on what Linus was going through. That was pure genius on Brooks' part. The Bunker Diary is a 2013 young adult novel by Kevin Brooks. [1] The Bunker Diary features the story of Linus Weems, a teenager who is captured and imprisoned in a mysterious bunker. [1] Teenager Linus Weems wakes up in an underground bunker, having been drugged with chloroform and kidnapped by a stranger. Although Linus is from a wealthy family, since the death of his mother and subsequent arguments with his father, he had run away from school and been living on the streets. A stranger was able to kidnap Linus by posing as a blind man needing assistance. As Linus adjusts to his new surroundings, he finds that the bunker has a kitchen, bathroom and six small bedrooms, but there are also cameras and microphones so that 'the man upstairs' (as Linus calls the kidnapper) can watch his every move. Impersonating an Officer: How Jenny got abducted. She was on a field trip to a nuclear power plant, when the kidnapper appeared to her dressed as a cop, telling her that her mother needed help. He then took Jenny away. I thought he was blind. That's how he got me. I still can't believe I fell for it. I keep playing it over in my mind, hoping I'll do something different, but it always turns out the same...”

En fin, queda desplazado "Padre Rico, Padre Pobre" como lo peor que lei en mi vida. Ahora el podio esta ocupado por esta... cosa, ni se como llamarla. Aberracion literal, tal vez. It doesn’t mean anything, OK? Killing God - it doesn’t mean anything. It’s just a thing, that’s all. Just an idea, something to do, something to keep me occupied. (And no, it’s not a New Year’s resolution either.) I just like doing things that keep my mind off the things I don’t want to think about (or, to be more specific, the thing I don’t want to think about).' Good News, Bad News: Linus starts off one diary entry with this trope. The good news was that the captives suddenly have a large skewer of meat after they had been starving for a while. The bad news was that next to the meat were the latest escape plans that the group had brainstormed that the kidnapper clearly found out about. No tuve problemas al conectar con el personaje principal ni con la situación que se presentó sino que me constó, bastante, apreciar el desarrollo de la obra. Si bien la historia se cuenta en forma de diario ¿por qué la escritura no esta en función de esa estructura? ¿acaso cuando alguien escribe en su diario personal se toma la molestia de escribir todo con diálogos? Ademas, existe una enorme carencia de relaciones personales. Me da igual como era su vida anteriormente, Linus nunca intentó sonsacar información de los demás, investigarlos, ¿por qué los escogieron? ¿qué características tenían en común para que todos quedaran atrapados ahí? Simplemente él no trata de intuir nada, solo planea salir de ahí a lo bruto.

Ora che ho spiegato un po' la trama, lasciatemi dire che questo libro è un capolavoro e che fa un male cane. La scrittura di Linus è schietta, diretta, descrive con chiarezza le giornate all'interno di quella trappola. Quando ho cominciato "Bunker Diary" sapevo solo che era uno young adult e che aveva vinto la Medal nel 2014.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment